GBP to THB Exchange Rate

read older blogs of Evans-Richard and either weep or cheesy.gif

question: when will you Brits understand that the EU is here to stay and that it's in UK's best interest to be an influential member? clowns like Evans-Richard and Nigel Farage have been wrong all the time! and wrong have been all the resident ignorants who (till recently) posted naïve fourliners out of which three lines were derogatory comments as far as the EU is concerned.

disclaimer: i admit that there's a lot of big bullshit going on in Bruxelles. but that is partly based on the fact that a number of countries "deported" their unwanted and unsuccessful political clowns to Bruxelles where (it was thought) they can't cause too much harm. now slowly one realises that these buggers can do a lot of harm by inventing rubbish laws and regulations on top of wasting billions. the tide will change!

my advice: do some homework, look at figures/developments and try to arrive at your very own conclusions instead of parroting and applauding sensationalists.

Oh great Naam ,we bow to your judgement and realize that no one but you can be correct ,why do people even bother to write anything here when we have you to tell us that we must stay in the E.U or we will be doomed to a life of utter misery if we leave , however i do agree that its a load of failed clowns that have ended up in Brussels,but do not agree that the tide will turn ,

but on a last note ,you(not the personal you) can stuff the E.U where the sun dont shine ,and i do not care what you think about that .

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Generally I thought the article was quite good.

Opinions and facts. We will see the facts at the fourth coming elections.

I would take a period of political uncertainty leading to the UK's withdrawal from the EU as a signal of significant £ weakness against the other major currencies.

Not quite what expats have in mind but they will no doubt relish the opportunity to repent at leisure.

Generally I thought the article was quite good.

Opinions and facts. We will see the facts at the fourth coming elections.

I would take a period of political uncertainty leading to the UK's withdrawal from the EU as a signal of significant £ weakness against the other major currencies.

Not quite what expats have in mind but they will no doubt relish the opportunity to repent at leisure.

We were all told over and over that Britain was doomed and that the sky would fall in if we did not join the euro ,well i am still waiting for armegadon ,long time coming . We can also put up with some short term pain for the long term gain

Edited by i claudius

We were all told over and over that Britain was doomed and that the sky would fall in if we did not join the euro ,well i am still waiting for armegadon ,long time coming . We can also put up with some short term pain for the long term gain

these kind of forecasts (if they existed) were clowneries too. the fact remains if UK had joined the "common" currency the advantages would have definitely outweighed the disadvantages. but i can very well understand what it had meant psychologically for most Brits giving up Sterling.

by the way, i consider most of your postings which nearly always contain ridiculous out of the blue assumptions, exaggerations and silly personal attacks also clowneries.

as the Texans say "big hats, no cattle!" whistling.gif

these kind of forecasts (if they existed) were clowneries too. the fact remains if UK had joined the "common" currency the advantages would have definitely outweighed the disadvantages. but i can very well understand what it had meant psychologically for most Brits giving up Sterling.

by the way, i consider most of your postings which nearly always contain ridiculous out of the blue assumptions, exaggerations and silly personal attacks also clowneries.

Mmm...

Quite funny how Merkel - who was born in a failed "super state" - is doing her best to create a new one...But I suppose commie academics have all the answers whistling.gif

I didn't think Germans did "irony"? wink.png

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 1

Well we know that you know it all Naam ,but Britain has been invaded many times both physically and now by stealth well we have stood alone and vanquished all and sundry and we will not be taken down by any country ,some ,i do not name them,but they had lots of "cattle" and they still were sent packing under their"big hats" you might not like that but i care not , we do not want and we do not need Europe, which does not mean that i do not like many of the people who come from there ,its just that some think they know everything.well they seem to know the price of everything ,but the value of nothing.coffee1.gif

Edited by i claudius

Sadly I think the UK does need Europe although it doesn't need the EU the way it's currently configured, anyway, GBP/THB?

anyway, GBP/€UR? a picture says more than a thousand words:

GBP%20%E2%82%ACUR.jpg

Does not factor in the billions that get syphoned out of Britain to prop up the whole crazy failed project.

Well we know that you know it all Naam ,but Britain has been invaded many times both physically and now by stealth well we have stood alone and vanquished all and sundry and we will not be taken down by any country ,some ,i do not name them,but they had lots of "cattle" and they still were sent packing under their"big hats" you might not like that but i care not , we do not want and we do not need Europe, which does not mean that i do not like many of the people who come from there ,its just that some think they know everything.well they seem to know the price of everything ,but the value of nothing.coffee1.gif

Whatever did the Romans ever do for us?

^ the above is good for British economy more competitive is it not?

While bad for the med holiday destinations who are trapped in the single currency.

related questions as an answer:

-what are the British export figures?

-in what fact is the British expat living in Thailand more interested, the British economy or the Baht his Pound buys?

While bad for the med holiday destinations who are trapped in the single currency.

-in what fact is the British expat living in Thailand more interested, the British economy or the Baht his Pound buys?

Q1 - The UK export numbers are here and yes, the Eurozone accounts for 40%:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/exports

Q2 - Both, although one begets the other, no?

Q1 - The UK export numbers are here and yes, the Eurozone accounts for 40%:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/exports

Q2 - Both, although one begets the other, no?

my questions were directed to "mccw" and his comment "the above [weak Pound] is good for British economy more competitive is it not?"

one can't have it both ways, i.e. "eat the cake and still have it!"

If we leave the E.U will they stop buying from us ?, I think not ,anyway there is a large world out there ,anyway if its so wonderfull out there in Euroland why are so many flooding into Britain? could it be our benifits system .

""""

British Gas has become the second major supplier of household energy to announce a rise in its prices - by an average 9.2%.

The company said its electricity and gas prices will rise by 10.4% and 8.4% respectively from November 23 - affecting 7.8 million households.

""""""

-sky news app

I read a piece the other day that talked of people returning food they'd been given by food banks because they couldn't afford to cook it, pretty dire really, for many the choice has become to heat or eat,

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/16/immoral-food-banks-one-of-richest-countries

Yet two days later (today) we read that retail sales have surprised by an 0.6% uptick during September hence GBP strengthened as a result, people spending more on the high street and more people going hungry, talk about a two teir society, sad and shocking really.

Edited by chiang mai
  • Like 1

I read a piece the other day that talked of people returning food they'd been given by food banks because they couldn't afford to cook it, pretty dire really, for many the choice has become to heat or eat,

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/16/immoral-food-banks-one-of-richest-countries

Yet two days later (today) we read that retail sales have surprised by an 0.6% uptick during September hence GBP strengthened as a result, people spending more on the high street and more people going hungry, talk about a two teir society, sad and shocking really.

What I found most shocking about that piece was that it shows how badly the people have lost the skills to survive. I mean even when they get free food they can figure out how to cook with out use of mains technology!

I did a quick review of the cost of logs in the UK for use in an open fireplace, I haven't bought them for many years so when the price came in at GBP 200 per face cord I was shocked, hard to imagine that level of purchase has a high priority amongst the fuel poor, it's just too expensive.

I did a quick review of the cost of logs in the UK for use in an open fireplace, I haven't bought them for many years so when the price came in at GBP 200 per face cord I was shocked, hard to imagine that level of purchase has a high priority amongst the fuel poor, it's just too expensive.

Very few people use logs. There are restrictions.

Salads.

I believe 'heat or eat' refers to the choice to spend their money of food, or spend money on heating their home.

Eating salads won't stop OAPs from freezing to death, as many do in the UK each winter.

Very few restrictions on bbqs and if I were hungry I'd be prepared to chance it and BBQ down the park or on a quiet area

I believe 'heat or eat' refers to the choice to spend their money of food, or spend money on heating their home.

Eating salads won't stop OAPs from freezing to death, as many do in the UK each winter.

Indeed, except I think that group has now expanded to include more than just pensioners and as benefits have been reduced/cut it now includes many others as well - it can't be right that in a country such as the UK in the year 2013 that anyone is in that group, not when we see the levels of conspicuous consumption that we do in London.

• Like 1

Very few restrictions on bbqs and if I were hungry I'd be prepared to chance it and BBQ down the park or on a quiet area

Very strange.

Log burners are very popular now. I know this because when I take on a new development site where there's a lot of trees to cut down half the firm shows up to collect the logs. Even my mother has log burners in her house.

I can't think of any domestic use restrictions.

• Like 1

Log burners are very popular now. I know this because when I take on a new development site where there's a lot of trees to cut down half the firm shows up to collect the logs. Even my mother has log burners in her house.

I can't think of any domestic use restrictions.

There are ristrictions in the larger cities, which is what the clean air act was designed to protect, elsewhere in the country there are, as you correctly say, very few restrictions:

"The Clean Air Act 1993 (see also 1956 and 1968 Acts) is concerned with controlling smoke from chimneys in the larger cities of the UK including London".

But perhaps we can leave that little red herring there and get back to GBP/THB, before we're made to do so?