Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Another patch of lemon grass and behind that ,I've started to prepare the ground for chillies.Everything

that is done on this block since the son let us down is being done by me by hand,no machinery at all.

So that's what lemon grass looks like then :D

Believe it or not I'm growing ginger and chillies right here in sunny Kent :)

If you are interested in growing lemon grass in Kent,here are a couple of links that may help:

http://mygarden.rhs.org.uk/forums/p/27340/69187.aspx

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/herb-bed/can-i-grow-lemon-grass_19302.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_2306333_grow-lemon-grass.html

My wife and I used to grow it in Australia and they thrived in all conditions.The conditions are most probably not the same as yours but we did have frosts from time to time.They did not seem affected but were growing in a protected area.

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 2

Anyone happen to know what this fruit is?.... leaves look a bit like a Passiflora vine .... I could not get in closer to get better photo of the fruit! ...

IMG_4814.JPG

My source tells me it is called Phuc cow ( at least that is what it sounds like to me )and is edible.Here is another one from a place just up the road from us.I am sure it is the same,even the leaves look the same although your image has some mango leaves in amongst the others.

post-140056-0-73775000-1399361373_thumb.

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 2

Anyone happen to know what this fruit is?.... leaves look a bit like a Passiflora vine .... I could not get in closer to get better photo of the fruit! ...

IMG_4814.JPG

My source tells me it is called Phuc cow ( at least that is what it sounds like to me )and is edible.Here is another one from a place just up the road from us.I am sure it is the same,even the leaves look the same although your image has some mango leaves in amongst the others.

attachicon.gifPhuc Cow.jpg

Ah Thanks Ron... thumbsup.gif .....there might have been a Mango tree above the trellis ... (can't remember now blink.png )

An Aussie neighbour thought it was a passion fruit.... is that the same same as Phuc cow? he said passion fruit comes in different colours and sizes.....in OZ land anyway! (?)

(be careful repeating those words, too many times! tongue.png )

I am having a problem with the "Like" button, taking for ever to load.... these last couple of days... Images seem OK..... Have you cleared you cache?

Edited by samuijimmy

hi shaggy and all,

just to let you all no im home, ill get my camera out,, and ive got the internet in the house,,,lol,,,

true move h,,,

now ive got to teach mac how to use it she hasnt got a bloody clue

ill post some pics tomorow hopefully, im busy, just got 40 new pigs and ive got a bit of welding to do on some pen gates,,lol,

then of to iraq on the 13th, not long, but it will get me into the rotation of 28 28,,,

take care all talk soon

jake

• Like 2

I remember a while back that Colonel Pakdee did a post about this one,I couldn't think of the name and so had to track back a bit.

I am pretty sure it is the same fruit and it's name is Fakkgaw or Spring Bitter Cucumber.One of our neighbors has got the growing from vines in their yard.

P1030783.JPG

P1030781.JPG

shaggy,

looking at this,,, mac says its a herb,,

shes still thinking of name,lol

oop khaw,, well thats what it sounds like to me,, and you all no my spelling,,

mac says her grandma has this too,

ill have to teach mac how to post on here,,lol

god help us,

• Like 2

Collecting up rice straw for mulching...

This was all burned a few minutes later!

And all the smoke is on its way to CR where it will stay in the air for weeks ! bah.gif

Na, this is down Songklha way.... it would never reach CR! tongue.pngcough cough! whistling.gif

Collecting up rice straw for mulching...

This was all burned a few minutes later!

And all the smoke is on its way to CR where it will stay in the air for weeks ! bah.gif

Na, this is down Songklha way.... it would never reach CR! tongue.pngcough cough! whistling.gif

How are the skies on Samui now. Jimmy?....rolleyes.gif