Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Thai made wood chippers! I saw these at a street fair, in Nathon Samui, today.... the guys gave me a demo... they seemed to work very well! All sizes, both electric and Gas!

Start at 42,000 baht I think he said !!

IMG_7370.JPG

Blade sharpener too!

IMG_7376.JPG

For more info, contact Khun Boon at www.nimut.com or email [email protected]

Hope that helps any one looking for such a thing! wink.png

A friend of mine in Queensland who has a tree felling business, told me that he would put most tree branches through his chippers with the exception of PALM trees, as they just stuff the blades super quick.

Perhaps that's why they sell an optional sharpening thingy! ^ In the first pic he shredded a coconut frond with no problem.... leaves where stripped off, they may cause binding problems....

Did you like the pic of you shoveling Poo? ^^^^tongue.pngbiggrin.pngwhistling.gif

I am an old shit shoveller from way back. blink.png

Re Shaggy's question. ^

Here is a pic I took back in 2007 ... down Songkhla way, lots of farmers were starting to get in on the "palm oil bandwagon".

It worked for many, but my friends who tried it, lost the whole field they planted as the high water level during the rainy season and the trees rotted! facepalm.gif

Everyone except them went the extra mile and channeled the water away from the roots... with large ditches... thumbsup.gif as in this pic...

I cannot remember the planting distance but these look about the same... (I was really focusing on the birds! tongue.png )

I wonder from your pic Shaggy if the palms will survive in the rice paddy, unless drained?

I'll try and dig up the images of the planting area they used... we had to access by long tail boat! wink.pngblink.png

Prepare%25252520rice%25252520field4512.j

Looks like there might be a good site for a Bird house around there.

Thai made wood chippers! I saw these at a street fair, in Nathon Samui, today.... the guys gave me a demo... they seemed to work very well! All sizes, both electric and Gas!

Start at 42,000 baht I think he said !!

Blade sharpener too!

For more info, contact Khun Boon at www.nimut.com or email [email protected]

Hope that helps any one looking for such a thing! wink.png

A friend of mine in Queensland who has a tree felling business, told me that he would put most tree branches through his chippers with the exception of PALM trees, as they just stuff the blades super quick.

Perhaps that's why they sell an optional sharpening thingy! ^ In the first pic he shredded a coconut frond with no problem.... leaves where stripped off, they may cause binding problems....

Did you like the pic of you shoveling Poo? ^^^^tongue.pngbiggrin.pngwhistling.gif

I am an old shit shoveller from way back. blink.png

No you are not shoveling shit, you are just looking at it! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

I need more...! wink.png

IMG_7293.JPG

Edited by samuijimmy