Farm Photos

shaggy1969

The GFs cows at her farm in Thailand.

While in Australia we have driven all around NSW and seen many a cow with very little interest from herself. Some acknowledgement of their difference, that is all.

Sheep however are a totally different matter. The first few times there was almost excitement at seeing a flock of Sheep. Of course the moment always need a photo, not an easy task to convince Sheep to stay close enough to the fence to be in picture.

We have also been lucky to see in the wild a few Swamp Wallabies, some Kangaroos, an Emu, Echidnas, Cockatoos, Galahs, and a Wombat! No Koalas in the wild as yet.

attachicon.gifFarm cow 3.jpg

attachicon.gifFarm Cow 2.jpg

attachicon.gifFarm COw 1.jpg

Funny my misses always says that the sheep look like rocks in the paddock. Where abouts NSW are you travelling? My wife has been very lucky because we get to see Koala's regularly on the farm we live on. If I could work out how to upload photo's I would show you. Oh by the way we live in Boggabri up north of Tamworth

• Like 1

While in Australia we have driven all around NSW and seen many a cow with very little interest from herself. Some acknowledgement of their difference, that is all.

Sheep however are a totally different matter. The first few times there was almost excitement at seeing a flock of Sheep. Of course the moment always need a photo, not an easy task to convince Sheep to stay close enough to the fence to be in picture.

We have also been lucky to see in the wild a few Swamp Wallabies, some Kangaroos, an Emu, Echidnas, Cockatoos, Galahs, and a Wombat! No Koalas in the wild as yet.

Funny my misses always says that the sheep look like rocks in the paddock. Where abouts NSW are you travelling? My wife has been very lucky because we get to see Koala's regularly on the farm we live on. If I could work out how to upload photo's I would show you. Oh by the way we live in Boggabri up north of Tamworth

The closest we have been to you ozziebloke is Quirindi and Tamworth. (on an aside, we stopped at pub for lunch in Quirindi as the GF wanted steak...she loves AUssie steak... The Pub owners wife was Thai, and working there another Thai. They cooked our Aussie steak for us. tongue.png )

We have done the New England Highway twice now, with a couple of stop offs along the way. Same with the pacific Highway. Have been up to Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast .

Heading down the coast we have been almost to the Victorian border, back inland through various towns, Canberra etc. Also we have done a trip out to Mudgee, through the Blue Mountains, then back through Singleton.

Are you having problems uploading using Thaivisa?

Edited by BookMan

The closest we have been to you ozziebloke is Quirindi and Tamworth. (on an aside, we stopped at pub for lunch in Quirindi as the GF wanted steak...she loves AUssie steak... The Pub owners wife was Thai, and working there another Thai. They cooked our Aussie steak for us. tongue.png )

We have done the New England Highway twice now, with a couple of stop offs along the way. Same with the pacific Highway. Have been up to Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast .

Heading down the coast we have been almost to the Victorian border, back inland through various towns, Canberra etc. Also we have done a trip out to Mudgee, through the Blue Mountains, then back through Singleton.

Are you having problems uploading using Thaivisa?

Yep can't find where to upload anything. Mudgee is a beautiful town! My brother lives in the town next to it Gulgong (the ten dollar town) LOL looks like your trip has been a real snail trail smile.png If your heading down Victoria way try around horsham heading west to Bordertown going into SA you can see some great country there. Sorry getting off topic about Thai farming.

yep can't find where to upload anything. Mudgee is a beautiful town! My brother lives in the town next to it Gulgong (the ten dollar town) LOL looks like your trip has been a real snail trail smile.png If your heading down Victoria way try around horsham heading west to Bordertown going into SA you can see some great country there. Sorry getting off topic about Thai farming.

The way I do it is.....

Go to the 'Reply to This Topic' screen

Right hand bottom corner of that, is a tab that says 'More Reply Options'. Click that

Left hand side, bottom left, a tab that says 'Choose Files'

Choose your photo from your computer etc. It will upload.

Once uploaded, The photo file will be on the left hand side. Right hand side, horizontally opposite is a tab, 'add To Post'. Click that, it goes into your message

• Like 1

Yep can't find where to upload anything. Mudgee is a beautiful town! My brother lives in the town next to it Gulgong (the ten dollar town) LOL looks like your trip has been a real snail trail smile.png If your heading down Victoria way try around horsham heading west to Bordertown going into SA you can see some great country there. Sorry getting off topic about Thai farming.

Re: Mudgee. Great place, been there many times. Have stayed in Gulgong 2 times. My grandfather and his family were from Rylstone, which we also went to. Family member was giving a talk at the local Historical society.

The trips were not one trip, but about 5, at various times.

I know this is not Thailand just replying to Bookman and thanks for the instructions smile.png Where I live in NSW we grow Wheat, Cotton and Sorgum and depending on the market other crops

Cant say its fully Thai related but i am duly impressed by the cotton fields' sheers size.

What is this RBH?? w00t.gifw00t.gif

You have just documented a legal moonshine factory? clap2.gif This is amazingthumbsup.gif Thank you very much, Sir.

drunk.gif Sharing is caring...

RBH ... have to say ... that was an excellent report.

You've made me want their product NOW!

• Like 1

attachicon.gifDSCN0117 (640x480).jpgattachicon.gifDSCN3980 (640x480).jpg

Same farmhouse 8 years later,keeps the missus happy doing a little bit everyyear.thumbsup.gif

That's some transformation ... clap2.gif

Thanks David,

Over the years its gone from one room and toilet to one bedroom,outside sala,two bedroom,outside kitchen,cement wall and yard and carport.

Once the sheds done and a bit of bluemetal thrown around its back to saving for farm toys.biggrin.png

I know this is not Thailand just replying to Bookman and thanks for the instructions smile.png Where I live in NSW we grow Wheat, Cotton and Sorgum and depending on the market other crops

Cant say its fully Thai related but i am duly impressed by the cotton fields' sheers size.

The farm I work on is about 17,000 acres which = around 43,000 rai 6,000 acres under irrigation, 8,000 acres dryland this year we put just over 4,000 acres of irrigation under cotton and today just finsihed harvesting the cotton. averaging 2000-2500 kg/ hectare

• Like 1