Farm Photos

shaggy1969

These are the glass gem varieties that will hit the market soon .I don't know much about them except it is supposedly Flint Maize or Indian Maize and it is an old variety of Maize but it is gaining interest again , probably more for its novelty value rather than nutritional value . It is often referred to as Glass Gem corn too. A lot of the" corn" i see in Thailand is actually Maize from which corn is hybridized.

The purple corn you mentioned seems to be be marketed as a peruvian super food so it will be a good cash crop until the next fad arrives or the market becomes saturated..

Interesting stuff . i need to find out more.

Disco corn! cool.png .

Beware, this is the result of genetic altering. Many US made seeds are made available for the farmers in Thailand.

Very perceptive, sherlock Bookman.thumbsup.gif

I was the, ahem, cough, sponsor for the day's refreshments. A good indirect investment, I should add..

What was the return on indirect investment?

Nothing liquid...wink.png .

I just did what a farang is supposed to do and so re-established my position and pampered their expectations. I never want to try to let the villagers think I am special or different. Never want to force something on them. This is their country and I have to live by their rules.

• Like 1

Hello All, Dancealot, if you go to www.nativeseeds.org , I don't think you

can even find a Hyb. seed sold.

If you look under "Popcorn" you will find Glass Gem.

rice555

Glass Gem
TS363

A stunning variety selected by Carl Barnes, a part-Cherokee farmer and breeder, from several traditional corn varieties. Given to NS/S by one of his students, Greg Schoen. Produces a diversity of gorgeous translucent, jewel-colored ears, each one unique. A popcorn, the kernels may be ground into cornmeal or popped. This corn became an Internet sensation in 2012. Approx. 6.5g/50 seeds per packet.

To read the story behind this magnificent corn, check out this Native Seeds Blog post.

All photos shown here are copyrighted by Greg Schoen and used with permission.

Due to limited availability and high demand, quantity is limited to one packet per order.

Glass Gem corn is also currently available at our retail store in Tucson, Arizona.

• Like 2

yes its me again, mac just sent these

my little darling, my tractor, mec calls it my toy,lol,

and our grass growing very well,

and yes i did the block work in my gararge,,lol

jake

Did you ever go very deep in the water with this old kubota?

hi dance,

no mate ive never had it in water, its just for turning the land between our trees and mums vegatable land,

i wouldnt take it on paddy,

jake

Thanks, Jake.

I thought so because of the extended exhaust pipe.

^^ Ron, may I ask how you sell the Corn?

Per Cob, per kilo, per bag.

I had a cob in Bangkok the other day ... so tasty ... just the standard yellow variety.

Paid 15 Baht (advertised price, not Farang Price) ... maybe 2 years ago ... 10 baht was the go.

This is a load of Urea and that's what a large part of the money received from the rice merchant will end up paying for.

Fertelizer bags? If I understood you correctly, i'll add that the farmers are complaining about this in my village, as well.

Thailand20123500.jpg