Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Jimmy , I thought they were weeds , I just keep pulling em out much the dismay of my wife

"Mai dai" , she says ," nee Pak ! Tum mai dai !" Funny.

Never seen her eat the stuff though bah.gif

Actually it's not bad... Goompa, no funny taste, thumbsup.gif ....as with some of the leaves the Thai's eat bah.gifw00t.gif

The kid that grows that sometimes sells to one of the local farang owned restaurants... where they make "spinach pie" it's actually not bad!

So you had better leave all the weeding to the wifey.... then you won't get screamed at tongue.png

Those plants shown above are for seed collection... for next season.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Finally today got some brown duckies! Last four! Just happened by on the right day... at the only place I have seen them on Samui... and they had been selling off.

I just hope one is male and other three female... biggrin.png I think the white spotted one is male!? whistling.gif

Finally got the ones you wanted eh !! thumbsup.gif

Check the tail feathers Jim,the males should have a raised curl on them and their bodies will be a little larger.

Hope this sketch helps...........failing that,it's the one that's on top when they are having their happy time giggle.gif

post-126208-0-30947200-1381652563_thumb.

Oh yeah...... it's the females that do all the quacking (sounds familiar) the males are more soft and whispery.

Edited by shaggy1969
  • Like 2

Finally today got some brown duckies! Last four! Just happened by on the right day... at the only place I have seen them on Samui... and they had been selling off.

I just hope one is male and other three female... biggrin.png I think the white spotted one is male!? whistling.gif

They tried to escape .... w00t.gif

IMG_7272.CR2.jpg

but got cornered...

IMG_7274.CR2.jpg

Now at their new home... which needs a pond built... that will happen! .... the two groups seemed to not want to get together!

A lot of quack quacking going on!biggrin.png

IMG_7286.CR2.jpg

They don't seem to mix well unless they grow up together...

We have several different ghettos, brave foul that strays into foreign territory :)

Wouldn't mind some Peking eggs off you at some point, trade for whatever you fancy...

^^ DAL ... I really enjoyed that series of photos.

I know it's not exactly Farm Photos, but, for me, certainly a series worth watching.

And it's the commentary which makes it because it explains the story to me.

I can sense, I can hear it ... I felt it through the photos.

"chickens upholding their name" ... a classic line ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

^ Cornishcarlos .... not being a duck expert, which are the Peking ducks?.... The white ones ?... Those are the ones I brought back from northern Songkhla several months ago as eggs...(they were supposed to be the Campbell brown ducks...facepalm.gif ) Many disappeared a while ago, I never really understood where they went... it could have been they were sold off, this family really struggles with money sometimes... wink.pngsad.png

I'll probably do a Songkhla run come January... so perhaps can bring some eggs.... ? Since you are on the way! .... so long as you have a mother duck to sit on them! tongue.png

----------------

Previous owner with two of the Campbells... I can't tell from this, if he's or shes... will go over and look closer! .... They sure will miss that big pond! wink.png

IMG_7277.CR2.jpg

Yup, the white buggers...

Females are, as Shaggy says, noisy... The males tend to keep quiet. Curly tails is the give away..

We are doing a little road trip through Trang, Had Yai and back up so will keep an eye out for duck farms.

Have found a Sago worm farm in Tha Sala that I plan to visit, just to see how an insect farm works. No intentions myself :)

Nope you will just get tasty eggs :)

I have a few muskoveys and at least 1 is always broody, so they act as incubators. I do have a home made bator that works great too..

All those ducks in the pic are chics. They separate them and sell off the males to unsuspecting mugs like Mrs Cornish :)

• Like 1

^ Thanks Carlos... ummm... this may seem like a dumb questionblink.png But with out a male can they make baby ducks?.... or do they just produce blank eggs? 555 whistling.gif

One of several duck farms down Songklha way..... can anyone spot a male duck? tongue.pnglaugh.png

IMG_9501.JPG

He'll be the the one who's smoking.......and the full diary.smile.png

Regards.

• Like 2