Need Advice On Quality Of Bath Items

reflectionx

We are in process of agreeing on a house that is to be built yet, and builder agreed to let me do the bathroom design and provide him with the items and he would do the work. I decided to go for Thai parts since I have 3 bathrooms to do and can't afford German or Italian stuff at this point.

It seems that a lot of overseas companies have factories in Thailand and some involvement in the Thai brands, so I suppose quality wise should be ok (at least way better than the Chinese stuff)

So, I am looking for the following, any comments on the quality and suggestions are welcome. I've mostly looked at few websites - www.light-and-bath.com, boonthavorn.com and directtoshop.com (homepro)

1. Rain showers - looking at American Standard?

2. Toilets and urinal - American Standard, Cotto, Karat?

3. Basin faucets - looking at Hang.

Thanks!

many international brands are actually 'made in Thailand', quality-wise not much different from those international brands 'made in China'. international brands have few products are imported, quality are different.

1. rain shower - check 'imported' product, most local rain shower water drips after shower. mine is imported Grohe, no complain.

2. toilet and urinal - Cotto, Nahm, Karat have good selections, matter of style. if go for water saving, more quiet flush, more complete flush - than Toto.

3. basin faucets - VRH, seems to be a better choice.

I did keep a lower budget for other bathrooms, and a better choice for my own bathroom.

oh . . . DON'T go for local bathtub, I see Cotto service team every other months, eventually now it is not in use.

many international brands are actually 'made in Thailand', quality-wise not much different from those international brands 'made in China'. international brands have few products are imported, quality are different.

1. rain shower - check 'imported' product, most local rain shower water drips after shower. mine is imported Grohe, no complain.

2. toilet and urinal - Cotto, Nahm, Karat have good selections, matter of style. if go for water saving, more quiet flush, more complete flush - than Toto.

3. basin faucets - VRH, seems to be a better choice.

I did keep a lower budget for other bathrooms, and a better choice for my own bathroom.

oh . . . DON'T go for local bathtub, I see Cotto service team every other months, eventually now it is not in use.

thanks, I also told that VRH are of good quality, and they make the faucets I need (long tap for the bathroom).

As for the shower, I'd really want to go for German or Italian, but real Grohe rain shower made in Germany costs at least $700-$800. May I ask where you got yours from and how much you paid for it?

thanks, I also told that VRH are of good quality, and they make the faucets I need (long tap for the bathroom).

As for the shower, I'd really want to go for German or Italian, but real Grohe rain shower made in Germany costs at least $700-$800. May I ask where you got yours from and how much you paid for it?

I forget how much I paid back to years ago, I got it in Boonthavorn. there are couple of product packages thought. the stand-alone Grohe rain shower is not that expensive, the wall-mount ceramic 2-way mixer is very expensive. there are rain shower kits which are made in Thailand.

VRH, personally I like the style, it is quite 'robust' both indoor and outdoor. also, no chrome surface, save the environment a bit on the polluting plating process.

I forget how much I paid back to years ago, I got it in Boonthavorn. there are couple of product packages thought. the stand-alone Grohe rain shower is not that expensive, the wall-mount ceramic 2-way mixer is very expensive. there are rain shower kits which are made in Thailand.

VRH, personally I like the style, it is quite 'robust' both indoor and outdoor. also, no chrome surface, save the environment a bit on the polluting plating process.

I was eyeing this model (no mixer): http://www.light-and-bath.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=cat_show_pro_detail&cid=54267&pid=229075

It is in the price range of the Thai made showers, but the shop told me it's made in China :( I still think it's made in Thailand though.

This model does not show up on the european grohe websites, only on Grohe asia ...

Hesitate between this model, American standard and VRH ...

I was eyeing this model (no mixer): http://www.light-and...4267&pid=229075

It is in the price range of the Thai made showers, but the shop told me it's made in China sad.png I still think it's made in Thailand though.

This model does not show up on the european grohe websites, only on Grohe asia ...

Hesitate between this model, American standard and VRH ...

this rain shower kit set likely from China or Thailand, at Grohe quality. I don't have further knowledge on this. it simplifies a lot of in-wall installation, yet the valve may not strong enough to stop water dripping. some Boonthavorn have testing unit, lets try.

I used a VRH rain shower in a resort, it drips too much.