Usa B2 Tourist Visa Obtained For Thai Wife

My wife got a US tourist visa approved after her embassy interview today.This was her second tourist visa. Here are the sequence of events - maybe it can help someone

Me: 51 years old retired and living in Thailand

Her: 28 years old not working

We met on internet in May 2009. 1st face to face meet was July 2009. Amphur marriage took place in Jan. 2010. 1st USA visa try was Sept 2010. she was approved for 2 year visa and embassy noted on visa that she was to travel with me. This visa expired and we want to go back to USA so she had interview today to try again.

They had a separate line for those who have had visas b4 so she was in and out in a flash in spite of the mob scene in front of embassy. appointment was 8:30. she left hotel at 7:30 and motorcycle arrived there at 8 am among the heavy traffic, She was home by 9:15 am. They were very nice to her and didn't look at any documents. She noticed many others having problems however for different reasons. We're hoping for 10 years but won't know till we get passport back.

any questions post here and I'll try and respond. I'll post back regarding whether it's a 10 year this time

HB

I am a USA citizen, git. As for whether she gets a 2 year 5 or 10 year I will report that back next week when we receive passport back. We're tracking on ems and it's almost here. I know that info on USA visas is not in abundance in this forum so glad to provide any info i can. I'd like to personally thank thanyaburimac for his posts over the years on the subject that were helpful the 1st visa approval over 2 years ago.

shot we will be travelling around New England mostly

Last year may 2012 my Thai wife applied for a the first time a USA B1/B2 visa and she got a 10 years.

I was suprised.

We applied on the USA embassey in Brussels and her husband is Dutch.

Edited by NoBrains