Extension Of 30 Day Visa Exemption For Uk Passport Holder

I am due to fly out to Thailand in a fortnight for 3 weeks. I was hoping I may hear about my wife's spouse visa application whilst I'm out there but its looking increasingly likely that the decision might not be made in the 3 weeks I am in Thailand. One option available is for me to stay for a further period of upto 3 weeks by which time we should definitely have a visa decision. Obviously in my original plans I was nowhere near the 30 days that a visa exemption allows you but now I could be looking at upto somewhere in the region of 49-50 days worst case scenario. I don't have time to apply for a 60 day tourist visa before I leave so what options are available to me once in Thailand ? I know I can fly out & back to gain an extra 30 days or go out via a land border to get an extra 15 days but I was hoping there may be a way of getting a sizeable visa exemption by visiting an immigration office in Thailand. I read that there is a 7 day extension you can get for 1900 baht, can you get extensions longer than this or would I have to get multiple 7 day extensions if required ? Any suggestions are greatfully received.

PS If I can go to an immigration office can this be done in Udon Thani as I will be staying up in NE Thailand for the majority of my trip.

Your wife is Thai? You can get 60 days to visit her. 1900 baht plus paperwork at an immigration office.

If you're in Udon, it's a easy trip to cross the border and get either a tourist visa or a Non O, again assuming you're married to a Thai.

Terry

Yes 60 day extension to visit your wife is best option.

Just need the wife, passport copies (photo, entry/permit to stays stamps), TM6 departure card. marriage certificate, wife's house book and ID card. Completed TM7 application form with attached photo and 1900 baht.

Edited by ubonjoe