Gaddafi's Son Saif Al-Islam Appears In Libyan Court

webfact

Gaddafi's Son Saif Al-Islam Appears In Libyan Court

MOSCOW, January 18 (RIA Novosti) – Former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi’s son Saif al-Islam has appeared before a court in Libya for the first time since he was captured in 2011, media reported.

The Qatar-based broadcaster Al Jazeera cited the Libyan public prosecutor as saying Gaddafi’s son appeared in a court in the western town of Zintan, where he is facing charges related to a visit by an International Criminal Court (ICC) lawyer last year.

Saif al-Islam is wanted by the ICC in The Hague on war crimes charges but this case deals with other charges, the British broadcaster BBC reported. Along with ICC lawyer Melinda Taylor, he is accused of trading information threatening national security. [more...]

Full story: http://en.rian.ru/wo.../178854463.html

-- RIA NOVOSTI 2013-01-18

footer_n.gif

A good country, destroyed by Nato!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Let's see now; No free elections, no free press, a haven for terrorists and a past source of funding for terrorism.

Oh yes, Libya was the land of goodness.

You dont know , what are you talking about. I was there for 6 years and know how good Gaddafi was for his people. Ask the Halliburton manager working in Libya before the usless war.

http://www.google.de/#hl=de&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=life+in+libya+before+the+war&oq=Libya+before+the+war&gs_l=hp.1.1.0i19j0i5i30i19l2j0i8i30i19.0.0.2.2744.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1c.e_6Igc2p03A&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41248874,d.bmk&fp=42e69b98d200fb1b&biw=1366&bih=577

The living standards of Libyans have improved significantly since the 1970s, ranking the country among the highest in Africa. Urbanization, developmental projects, and high oil revenues have enabled the Libyan government to elevate its people's living standards. The social and economic status of women and children has particularly improved. Various subsidized or free services (health, education, housing, and basic foodstuffs) have ensured basic necessities. The low percentage of people without access to safe water (3 percent), health services (0 percent) and sanitation (2 percent), and a relatively high life expectancy (70.2 years) in 1998 indicate the improved living standards. Adequate health care and subsidized foodstuffs have sharply reduced infant mortality, from 105 per 1,000 live births in 1970 to 20 per 1,000 live births in 1998. The government also subsidizes education, which is compulsory and free between the ages of 6 and 15. The expansion of educational facilities has elevated the literacy rate (78.1 in 1998). There are universities in Tripoli, Benghazi, Marsa el-Brega, Misurata, Sebha, and Tobruk

http://www.conservapedia.com/Libyan_War#Libya_before_the_2011_uprising

Things can go downhill subsequent to a regime change. A survey of US history after the American Revolution will show that. Countries in Europe experienced similar. I find it incredible that some would glorify and support the depsotic rule of the family of tyrants that ruled Libya. The Khadaffis and their tribal minions murdered dissidents, supressed basic freedoms and supported international terror.

Yes, life was good for some of the foreign oil workers that lived in their secure luxurious enclaves. Life was not good for a Libyan that did not support Col. Khaddafi's regime. Large prisons where dissidents were tortured, raped and murdered were built. SNC Lavalin, which is now facing several investigations for violating Swiss and Canadian laws was building a very nice "modern" prison. Thousands of people disappeared over the years never to be seen again. If Khaddaffi had been that benevolent and that loved, his nation would not have risen up to throw off the yoke of savage tyranny. The Libyan people will decide what to do and there will be some growing pains, However, they will have the freedom to choose, which is something that was denied to them by the Khaddaffi regime and his financial backers at the oil companies and EU countries dependent upon Libyan oil. It was good for France and Italy that Khadaffi was in power. The oil moved nicely and the oil companies made lots of money; money with which to make "donations".

Well, screw the oil companies and screw Italy and France. And that's my position. Unfortunately, I don't have a special brigade of female ninja warriors to enforce it, like the departed toupee wearing Col.

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 1

Let's hope Saif Al-Islam will get a fair trial. Somehow, I feel he won't.

I think that Libya will give the West big headache for years to come: Not only the jihadis and related militias are able to roam freely in vast areas of the country now with plenty of arms but also the government itself might gradually Islamise the country.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Let's see now; No free elections, no free press, a haven for terrorists and a past source of funding for terrorism.

It had cheap gasoline. That was good.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It had cheap gasoline. That was good.

and many things more you can not see on CNN and Reuters: [Libyans] are entitled to free treatment, and their hospitals provide the best in the world of medical equipment. Education in Libya is free, capable young people have the opportunity to study abroad at government expense. When marrying, young couples receive 60,000 Libyan dinars (about 50,000 US dollars) of financial assistance. Non-interest state loans, and as practice shows, undated. Due to government subsidies the price of cars is much lower than in Europe, and they are affordable for every family. Gasoline and bread cost a penny, no taxes for those who are engaged in agriculture. The Libyan people are quiet and peaceful, are not inclined to drink, and are very religious.

http://sherriequestioningall.blogspot.com/2011/08/truth-about-libya-watch-this-video-and.html