Violated While Peacefully Drinking A Chang!

britmaveric

I know this lad he does Soi Yamoto route as well..............strangely enough saw him last night with a baby.

Never tried to grab my tackle although he did once unsucessfully try to whip my Heineken.

Also saw him on PCN a while back he/d been picked up and was getting shipped back to Cambodia.

I know this lad he does Soi Yamoto route as well..............strangely enough saw him last night with a baby.

Never tried to grab my tackle although he did once unsucessfully try to whip my Heineken.

Also saw him on PCN a while back he/d been picked up and was getting shipped back to Cambodia.

Hmmmm seems TP did a good job shipping him back! :o

I've seen this fella as well. He usually works soi2/3 but have seen him down behind the JP by the Marine restaurants. I've seen him kick one guy who didn't give him any money. He's got no respect for his kid, he just uses him as the bait to get money. The girls don't like him much either as they say basically he has 2 arms and legs so he can go out and get a job

Out w/gf with my mates down in Soi 2. We are drinking at a bar and its bit annoying because of all the touts - endless procession of being tapped on the shoulder trying to sell:

Roses

Dvds

Poloroids

Maps

Dvds

Lighters

Chewing gum

Wooden frog w/stick

I don't find the same ones come back at all that frequently......however I feel that although we all get caught out by a tout from time to time, some of us are more prone to it than others.....I wince at the high-handed, aggressive way that some people treat them. If they take this attitude not only will they be open to more abusive behaviour from the tout but also they are unnecessarily raising their own blood-pressures as well. You are only hassled if you feel hassled...

I don't find the same ones come back at all that frequently......however I feel that although we all get caught out by a tout from time to time, some of us are more prone to it than others.....I wince at the high-handed, aggressive way that some people treat them. If they take this attitude not only will they be open to more abusive behaviour from the tout but also they are unnecessarily raising their own blood-pressures as well. You are only hassled if you feel hassled...

...if every other minute someone taps your shoulder/grabs your shoe (for shoeshine)/holds an electro shocker in your face etcetcetc.....this is hassle, nothing else. And yes, they also make me feel hassled as I just wanted to have a drink with some pals and nothing else. :o

By tackle I assume you mean private parts, yes?

No , I have not experienced this, but I have not been to Thailand yet. I do wonder what he thought that would get him?

Have you really never been to Thailand?

Yep. I joined TV to learn more about the country and get the news, because my wife got sick of answering my questions.

Thats a bit of shock to hear too fella, its gonna be a top laugh reading your adventures after your first trip to LOS.....! :D

redrus

I doubt it.

You best pay a bodyguard to NEVER leave you alone! :o

What the h3ll does that mean? Why would I need a bodyguard? Am I going get jumped by sex tourists? :D

No, gorgeous young sex workers begging to fulfill your most disgusting, sordid fantasies for extremely small amounts of cash.

Without a strong guardian, you will sucumb to their feminine wiles!

Are you kidding? You think I am going to give my wife a reason to chop my junk off? Always go the opposite direction whilly wants to go and you will live longer. :D

..if every other minute someone taps your shoulder/grabs your shoe (for shoeshine)/holds an electro shocker in your face etcetcetc.....this is hassle, nothing else. And yes, they also make me feel hassled as I just wanted to have a drink with some pals and nothing else. :o

You must be some kind of tout magnet....maybe it's your appearance or demeanour...what do you say to them? Mai Aow Khrab is a start but I've found a lot better....99% effective…

..if every other minute someone taps your shoulder/grabs your shoe (for shoeshine)/holds an electro shocker in your face etcetcetc.....this is hassle, nothing else. And yes, they also make me feel hassled as I just wanted to have a drink with some pals and nothing else. :o

You must be some kind of tout magnet....maybe it's your appearance or demeanour...what do you say to them? Mai Aow Khrab is a start but I've found a lot better....99% effective…

Well, I experienced that if you are polite, they are more persistant. A clear "NO" with looking them deep in the eyes rather scares them away and at least that guy won't be back any time soon. NB that the "NO" is usually second option after a first polite approach to the hassle.

Well, I experienced that if you are polite, they are more persistant. A clear "NO" with looking them deep in the eyes rather scares them away and at least that guy won't be back any time soon. NB that the "NO" is usually second option after a first polite approach to the hassle.

Yet by your own admission they keep coming back.....try smiling, and say "Mai Rhab Khrab" - I'm told it's a rather posh way of saying no thankyou...it seems incdredibly effective for me...only one time a tout tried to explain I should say "Mai Aow Khrab" - it was then explained to him by the staff that I was speaking polite Thai and as a Khmer speaker he was unaware of the expression - he never came back either.

Once I've said that the conversation is over, I don't repeat or exchange pleasantries or unpleasantries that's the end of it...

Many years ago I was with a girl visiting Thailand from Malaysia.

When approached by vendors, she would smile at them and say "Mai ow krup, korp koon krup."

That little extra 'thank you' on the end of the sentence makes all the difference.

I adopted her approach and demeanour and the vendors usually smile back at me and say, "Soopahp mahk." (very polite.)

They then leave me alone.

When approached by vendors, she would smile at them and say "Mai ow krup, korp koon krup."

That little extra 'thank you' on the end of the sentence makes all the difference.

I adopted her approach and demeanour and the vendors usually smile back at me and say, "Soopahp mahk." (very polite.)

Mighty Mouse ,if your " lady " used the phrase "korp khun krup" then maybe you have a strange taste in ladies :o:D:D

Mighty Mouse ,if your " lady " used the phrase "korp khun krup" then maybe you have a strange taste in ladies :o:D:D

:D :D

:D :D

Sorry, Mighty Mouse.... I like your posts, but you walked right into that one...

:D

Did the "girl" who was so kind to teach you Thai etiquette look like anything like this?

post-9005-1141027414.jpg

To your remaining comments, that indeed is a properly polite wording, but really should be saved for respectable vendors who humbly seek a daily wage through selling their wares respectfully... but it's not appropriate to say it to a Cambodian nut-crusher.

Another patron of Jenny's??? :D

Another patron of Jenny's??? :D

I think I spotted him in the Majestic Bistro...

humbly seek a daily wage through selling their wares respectfully... but it's not appropriate to say it to a Cambodian nut-crusher.

in Khmer just try.........Teah Teah,Ar-kun Sharan..Tom Tom with emphasis on the tom tom bit .

.if they dont fully understand what your saying they will probably just roll over laughing and decide no chance...anyway.........at least they will/should Sod off :o

Watch out, sometimes when they grab your tackle they are distracting you – as their other hand (or someone else’s hand) is grabbing your wallet. :D

Any decent cricket shop will sell you a tackle guard (known as a BOX) and if you get a larger size one you could also keep your wallet in it as well...course depends on how thick it is. :D

- you mean if it is too thick, there would be no room left for your wallet ??? :o