Lazada Buying Experience:

dddave

I'm sure most forum members are familiar with the frequent LAZADA banner ads that pop up with regularity.

I needed a new mid range mobile for my GF and saw a MOTOROLA FIRE XT on sale thru them for B2999. I also had an online coupon for B500 so that made it a pretty attractive deal at B2500. The Fire XT while not officially imported into Thailand is a decent low cost phone with all the features she'll ever use...no Galaxie S-3's for her.

I clicked on Lazada's website and used Google to translate it as no English page is offered. The translation was usable though there were a few vague terms and I was able to easily set up an account and order the device. I first tried a US based Visa card but that was rejected. I then switched to my Bangkok Bank Visa and that was approved.

Shipping was free so the sum total was B2499 including VAT. I concluded the deal on Friday, the 18th at about 4pm and this morning, Saturday the 19th at 09:15 my phone rang and it was the Lazada delivery man downstairs in the lobby of my apartment building,...pretty swift service I'd say. Everything was well packed and works fine. As a grey market import (Motorola no longer sells phones in Thailand) instructions and phone selections are in English which is OK with my GF as her English is pretty solid. OS is Android Gingerbread and I'm not sure if a Thai character set is available but for the money, a decent phone and a very good buying experience. I would use them again if the right product at a good price comes along.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

I consider that posting as spam:

Posted 2013-01-18 14:16:31

and this morning, Saturday the 19th at 09:15

I don't see it. The OP simply made an error in the dates. He has been a member since 2004 so I consider his topic legitimate based on history. Plus the topic is now 7 months old so you're a bit late to the party in replying. smile.png

I have used Lazada for 3 purchases and one refund, and all 3 were handled pretty well.

They even refunded me the wrapping charge from the receipt for fr8, a little mistake in my favour!

I would recommend them for people who are home all the time though, as they give virtually no warning of delivery, say 15 minutes at most.

• 8 months later...

Please Lazada Thailand - do yourselves and the thousands of online foreign shoppers here a favour and make an english website. Even your Malaysian Website has an English version.
Its a fantastic website but such a BIG letdown that it doesnt have English.

Please Lazada Thailand - do yourselves and the thousands of online foreign shoppers here a favour and make an english website. Even your Malaysian Website has an English version.

Note the below English language option:

post-566-0-12850000-1399542605_thumb.jpg

Google Chrome translation works for me.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Oh dear need new eyes - can you show where on the home page this option is please - as cannot see

Oh dear need new eyes - can you show where on the home page this option is please - as cannot see

Here is a direct link to the English version to make it easier - http://www.lazada.co.th/?setLang=en

At the very top of the page center you will see the Thai flag. Just click on it to select the language option.

Here is a direct link to the English version to make it easier - http://www.lazada.co.th/?setLang=en

At the very top of the page center you will see the Thai flag. Just click on it to select the language option.

Appreciate your help but still no success. Used your link and it went direct to the Thai site : http://www.lazada.co.th - and no flags of any nation shown sad.png

Appreciate your help but still no success. Used your link and it went direct to the Thai site : http://www.lazada.co.th - and no flags of any nation shown sad.png

try a different browser. works in my firefox but goes to thai in my opera

Edited by Cheeby Luva

That's odd as I just clicked on the link in both Chrome and FF and comes up fine. Try hitting CTRL+F5 when you are at the lazda site and see if the flag shows up. Anyone else not able to get the English version?

post-566-0-58511100-1399634044_thumb.jpg

Yes, me. Only some elements are in English, and the site is being rendered differently for me on Win7 Chrome and FireFox than in your posted example.

Also tried creating and signing into an account to see if it made any difference ...it didn't.

post-146535-0-28719000-1399637820_thumb.

Yes, me. Only some elements are in English, and the site is being rendered differently for me on Win7 Chrome and FireFox than in your posted example.

Also tried creating and signing into an account to see if it made any difference ...it didn't.

yes this is how it looks for me in opera.

script associated with the page have both browser and operating system redirects.

Edited by Cheeby Luva

That's odd as I just clicked on the link in both Chrome and FF and comes up fine. Try hitting CTRL+F5 when you are at the lazda site and see if the flag shows up. Anyone else not able to get the English version?

attachicon.giflazda.jpg

It seems you may have to upgrade your browser Tywais as the newer ones do not allow unsafe scripting.

Edited by harrry

attachicon.giflazda.jpg

It seems you may have to upgrade your broser Tywais as the newer ones do not allow unsafe scripting.

Now that may be the problem - I use FF but have the latest version sad.png

attachicon.giflazda.jpg

It seems you may have to upgrade your broser Tywais as the newer ones do not allow unsafe scripting.

I always have the latest version. Was on 29 and this morning an update to 29.0.1 was installed and still works for me. Would suspect an addon such as noscript in FF maybe why some are not seeing it.

attachicon.giflazda.jpg

No worries, Lazada have a mobile app now and its avail in english clap2.gif

I've been using Lazada for some time now. Their delivery guys were pretty crappy when I first used it until they switched over to a delivery company called Kerry Logistics - now the service is excellent. Note - this is for delivery to Hua Hin, not Bangkok.

Also I find it much easier to use these days now there's an English language option.

I mainly use it to buy a boxload of 'coffee pods' for my cappucino machine which I can't seem to find on sale anywhere in Hua Hin.