Buy I-PHONE

Me Yank

Lazada.co.th has many iPhone selections from iPhone 4 refurbished to the brand new iPhones. I purchased on their website, two days later the courier delivered the iPhone, and collected the cash. Good Luck!

from my iPad in Cha-Am

I personally like powerbuy or I studio stores at Central Festival or Tukcom. Avoid the small kiosks or shops at Tukcom as they could be fakes. I assume you are waiting for the new IPhone 6.

I second that suggestion. I will only buy from authorized iPhone (or any other brand) dealers now. A "new" one I bought from a Tukcom shop had a dead battery in a couple of months. I should have realized that when I looked at the "unopened" box. The plastic wrap was sealed not exactly on the box edges like the factory ones, which are sealed precisely and cleanly.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

You can order directly from apple online. This way you are sure it is has a warranty in Thailand. Or you could by from an AIS shop who have an arrangement with apple. AIS has great monthly plans only for iphones that i wish i could use with my phone.

You can buy one from tukcom which will be cheaper as most sold there are grey market imports from USA or hong kong..

• Like 1

You can order directly from apple online. This way you are sure it is has a warranty in Thailand. Or you could by from an AIS shop who have an arrangement with apple. AIS has great monthly plans only for iphones that i wish i could use with my phone.

You can buy one from tukcom which will be cheaper as most sold there are grey market imports from USA or hong kong..

If you buy an iPhone online while residing in Thailand or from an authorized Apple dealer, it's covered for one year. Take it to iCare at Tukcom.

I bought my iPhone5 from the online Apple Store. From memory this saved me about 1500. I also bought my iPad mini online. I got both before they were available at the Apple Store in Central.

Apple shop is the only place. Tuk com will have models made in Thailand a few thousand cheaper. Seriously if you are prepared to pay 20 odd thousand for a phone, why take the risk of a second rate one for the sake of only a few thousand baht. Look at True etc, they are doing Iphone 4S if pay six months contract in advance for onle THB 14,500...this includes 500 mins, 200 texts and unlimited 3G...in effect getting the phone for only THB 7,500...cancel the contract after 6 months. I looked a few weeks ago at the 5S, decided to wait as True will soon do the contract as per the 4S, already they have an offer but only in Samut Prakan.

If you buy an iPhone online while residing in Thailand or from an authorized Apple dealer, it's covered for one year. Take it to iCare at Tukcom.

I bought my iPhone5 from the online Apple Store. From memory this saved me about 1500. I also bought my iPad mini online. I got both before they were available at the Apple Store in Central.

A friend has purchased Apple products from the online store and was most impressed with the English speaking customer service and quick shipping. I think they are in Hong Kong but he had his new computer within a few days. Highly recommended.

A friend has purchased Apple products from the online store and was most impressed with the English speaking customer service and quick shipping. I think they are in Hong Kong but he had his new computer within a few days. Highly recommended.

Thank everyone for all the helpful information. What is the reason I-Phones are so expensive and what is the best second choice?

Thank everyone for all the helpful information. What is the reason I-Phones are so expensive and what is the best second choice?

Features and quality do not come cheap. If you wait for the IPhone 6, the older models will be discounted. I personally like Samsung and HTC because I have big hands and larger screen sizes I prefer.

I think both or my orders came from the warehouse in Singapore, but I suppose they would come from wherever they are available in the region. I'll definitely be buying my next one on-line too. It's very easy and remarkably quick.

I recently switched after years of iPhones to the Samsung Galaxy S4 and am very happy. Of course, there's the S5 out now but at about 24,000 baht!

Prices are high because they know they can rape us and I'm including hi-so Thais because they must show off.

Prices for legimate phones are set by the manufacturer and then the foreign exchange rate is applied. In the USA, the price of phones is subsidized by the service provider. A new iPhone with a contract will cost about $200(6500THB). Don't see how hiso Thais have anything to do with prices.

Prices for legimate phones are set by the manufacturer and then the foreign exchange rate is applied. In the USA, the price of phones is subsidized by the service provider. A new iPhone with a contract will cost about $200(6500THB). Don't see how hiso Thais have anything to do with prices.

There is such a thing as a black market. I have a friend who supplies many american version iphones to shops around Thailand. He can buy them wholesale in america and wholesale them them cheaper here than what the authorized apple supplier sells them for.

Most phones by all manufacturers in tukcom are this way too. I always ask if "kong soung" which is translated to "inside" meaning sold by official thai distributor. Or "kong Nock" from abroad. Easy way to tell is if the touch pad can be changed by one click or press to change to thai..

I purchased a 64GB iPhone 5S from DTAC shop back in December, unlocked and brand new at just short of 30,000 baht.

As already stated, only purchase from official outlets if you know what's good for you. If you can't afford a particular phone, purchase an earlier version.

Edited by wooloomooloo

Not in Australia. They give them in free to good customers... and even throw in extras like iPads.

I recently switched after years of iPhones to the Samsung Galaxy S4 and am very happy. Of course, there's the S5 out now but at about 24,000 baht!

Prices are high because they know they can rape us and I'm including hi-so Thais because they must show off.

There's a reason why Samsung is leading the market, as they have choices of size and price with many models - but iPhone is mainly prized by females. A Samsung is still treated as a phone you get if you can't afford the iPhone, even though the top models are now close in price. I could tell my wife how wonderful a Samsung is till I'm blue in the face, but she's not having any of it - it has to be Apple.

I predict Apple will eventually follow Nokia in the phone market as they are far too limited. They can't rely on name forever at their inflated prices. I think the battery is a biggest limiting factor of iPhone, and you can't carry a spare with you... and it quickly runs down if you're browsing the internet and taking photos. If you're going to be away from a charger for awhile you need to nurse the battery along.

There's a reason why Samsung is leading the market, as they have choices of size and price with many models - but iPhone is mainly prized by females. A Samsung is still treated as a phone you get if you can't afford the iPhone, even though the top models are now close in price. I could tell my wife how wonderful a Samsung is till I'm blue in the face, but she's not having any of it - it has to be Apple.

I predict Apple will eventually follow Nokia in the phone market as they are far too limited. They can't rely on name forever at their inflated prices. I think the battery is a biggest limiting factor of iPhone, and you can't carry a spare with you... and it quickly runs down if you're browsing the internet and taking photos. If you're going to be away from a charger for awhile you need to nurse the battery along.

The top model samsungs trash the Iphone in comparison. They have so many more options you can put your own extra memory in you can copy files straigh on the phone instead of having to use i tunes. I had a Iphone.. i quickly changed it for a samsung top model. I never looked back, iphones are for those who don't know how to really configure and use a bit more complicated and free device.

I bought a macbook air online (and put windows on it to make it dual boot) but I agree buying online is great in the Thai store no extra taxes and good communications.

The top model samsungs trash the Iphone in comparison. They have so many more options you can put your own extra memory in you can copy files straigh on the phone instead of having to use i tunes. I had a Iphone.. i quickly changed it for a samsung top model. I never looked back, iphones are for those who don't know how to really configure and use a bit more complicated and free device.

I bought a macbook air online (and put windows on it to make it dual boot) but I agree buying online is great in the Thai store no extra taxes and good communications.

.. but not many people use even a fraction of the features offered on a phone. In most cases they're nothing more than bragging rights by the manufacturer. Perhaps you've discovered another reason why iPhone is still popular - simplicity. Branding is what really sells it though. That little Apple logo is still very popular. What's behind the Apple is unimportant to most buyers.

I am not into I-phones. However I just brought a new 3GS I-phone for the GF, unlocked 16GB for $129 (4,000 Baht) in the states. Being as this is an older version was this a good price compared to buying at Tukcom? Thanks

I've always been amazed that anyone buys phones at Tukcom. The atmosphere is chaotic and stressful at best, with too much pressure from the desperate booth owners. If you go to Powerbuy you can spend an hour looking at all the phones and no one bother you at all - and be assured that anything you buy is genuine and comes with a warranty which will be honoured.

I am not into I-phones. However I just brought a new 3GS I-phone for the GF, unlocked 16GB for $129 (4,000 Baht) in the states. Being as this is an older version was this a good price compared to buying at Tukcom? Thanks

I've always been amazed that anyone buys phones at Tukcom. The atmosphere is chaotic and stressful at best, with too much pressure from the desperate booth owners. If you go to Powerbuy you can spend an hour looking at all the phones and no one bother you at all - and be assured that anything you buy is genuine and comes with a warranty which will be honoured.

I brought this in the States, not at Tukcom. Just wondering about comparative prices at Tukcom or Powerbuy to what I paid in States..

I brought this in the States, not at Tukcom. Just wondering about comparative prices at Tukcom or Powerbuy to what I paid in States..

You won't be able to buy a new one of those at a real store. Recently you could still buy a iPhone 4 at the Apple store. I don't ever look at Tukcom, so I have no idea what they may cost there.

If new, the Apple Store online is definitely the way to go. Refurbished, I would go with Lazada as already mentioned. As I posted in another thread, I got a factory refurb 32GB white 4S from them the other day.

It was delievered 2 days later to my door by courier. Was literally as good as new and factory unlocked. Real bargain at around 11,000 baht when you consider they are 15,000 from the Apple Store for an 8GB.