2013 All Food Related.restaurants,recipes, Suggestions Etc...

There are several new places around Maenam, Greek, German and Italiano (pizza I think, maybe more) ... all in the Soi 4 to Soi 2 areas,  not been to any of the yet, but they seem to have a few people in them when driving by!

Go check em out, and let us know! Posted ImagePosted Image

Greek place sounds interesting.....google coords pls Jimmy! :D

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa Daudet in Fisherman's Village.

+1

Very good food and not expensive. (For FV)

French?

Not really, just good food, amazing double steaks. The butcher owns it, I buy my steaks from him now, one steak 8 to 900 grams, feeds 2 to 3 people. But you can have standard steaks, to tartar to lamb shanks to Tuna tartar etc................................

What are you looking for? Hamburgers?

• Like 1

There are several new places around Maenam, Greek, German and Italiano (pizza I think, maybe more) ... all in the Soi 4 to Soi 2 areas, not been to any of the yet, but they seem to have a few people in them when driving by!

Go check em out, and let us know! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Greek place sounds interesting.....google coords pls Jimmy! biggrin.png

It's between Soi 2 and Soi 3 on the ring road, opposite side to where Angelas is ... that's the best I can do, I am not up on giving Google coords tongue.pngfacepalm.gif

Oh forgot too, there is a newish Russian restaurant down near the Chinese Temple in Maenam too.... so lots of choices!!!! biggrin.png

and don't forget Babu's India Hot, down Soi Maenam resort road.... smile.png that's good for sure, I've been there many times! thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Villa Daudet in Fisherman's Village.

+1

Very good food and not expensive. (For FV)

French?

Not really, just good food, amazing double steaks. The butcher owns it, I buy my steaks from him now, one steak 8 to 900  grams, feeds 2 to 3 people. But you can have standard steaks, to tartar to lamb shanks to Tuna tartar etc................................

What are you looking for? Hamburgers?

Sounding very nice indeed mate....I will give it a try! :)

It should be noted that 'poster of the year' vote is not far away and Smokie could be doing what is know as a 'tutsi'

I can state categorically that the contest is on par with Ugandan and Haitian standards and bears no resemblance to a Zimbabwean voting system whatsoever.

Perish the thought....we have standards.....now if I was offered an ostritvh steak.....:P

• Like 1

There are several new places around Maenam, Greek, German and Italiano (pizza I think, maybe more) ... all in the Soi 4 to Soi 2 areas,  not been to any of the yet, but they seem to have a few people in them when driving by!

Go check em out, and let us know! Posted ImagePosted Image

Greek place sounds interesting.....google coords pls Jimmy! Posted Image

It's between Soi 2 and Soi 3 on the ring road, opposite side to where Angelas is ... that's the best I can do, I am not up on giving Google coords Posted ImagePosted Image

Oh forgot too,  there is a newish  Russian restaurant down near the Chinese Temple in Maenam too....  so lots of choices!!!! Posted Image

and don't forget Babu's India Hot, down Soi Maenam resort road.... Posted Image that's good for sure,   I've been there many times!   Posted Image

Don't think my lass has yried borsch yet....nor have I but I remember vodka I think.

The indian....hmmm.....interesting....:D

I saw a Farang trying to sell Tacos on Friday night in Fishermans Village.

I once did Burritos in Japan, with a similar Walking Street set up.

I sold out and was the biggest hit and talk in town!

Don't know about the Taco guy. Not sure he did so well.

Also, noticed the price of coctails keep fluctuating.....50bt one night, 60bt the next week, then even 70bt, then back down to 60.

What gives?

• 2 weeks later...

I seen a bike with sidecar ( salang ) today selling kebabs, near the wharf where the people comeback from KPG.

I would guess that would be Achim (or Ackim as his sign says). Very nice German guy with a Thai missus who do very decent chicken kebabs. He moves up and down through Bangrak either near The Boat Bar at Seatran or outside one of the bars near the Big Buddha Pier.

The other farang I have ssen selling food is the combi van parked near Tesco as you come out to the ring road at the Homepro end, I think he is French and does burgers, fries and salads. According to my son the burgers are excellent!

Edited by rdog

So many restaurants, i wonder how they all survive. I see there is another opening tonight near Lompraya turnoff Maenam. But there is one recently opened right opposite Lompraya turnoff and everybody tells me that it is very good both service, product and prices, so will have to give it a go.

Does anybody know of a Spit Roast Chicken take away that does not 'plaster' the bird in strange tasting sauces. I just love the natural tasting spit roast chook.

Lady at the Bophut open market has them at 150 bt.

Just bought one yesterday and still enjoying it.

Another guy, way way past Lamai, going towards the Muslim fishing village, about 200 meters before the 90 degree right curve.

He's on the beach side with a yellow colored spit.

Hi, I'm looking out for THE best Ham/cheese burger. Hopefully that comes as a set with fries and under 300 bt.

Any place you recommend?

Today a friend recommended a place for a nice burger to me. So naturally I had to try it out.

The Cable Grill

Its a take-away only place, situated by the Samui Outlet shopping precinct.

Go to the end of the lake road where it meets the beach road, turn left, and its about 50 metres along, on the right hand side.

It is designed to look like an old fashioned San Francisco tram car. Next to it is an old London bus, which is a take-away cocktail bar.

I had the Double Cheeseburger meal, with fries and a Fanta - 199 THB - so comparable to McDonalds prices.

It was a little greasy (they cook on a hot plate, not a grill), but very very tasty indeed. Very much like the taste of a homemade burger (their slogan is "Homemade Burger and Beyond").

Will definitely go back again.

Nadimos Lebanese restaurant in Bang Rak, located inside the Prana resort, is really good with authentic Lebanese food and reasonably priced. Well worth checking out if you like Mediterranean and Arabic food.

They have all the 'classics' on the menu, cold and hot mezze's and plenty of good mains.

post-17753-0-69022600-1387111343_thumb.j post-17753-0-46249400-1387111365_thumb.j post-17753-0-01502200-1387111384_thumb.j

New place just opened opposite Ruang Thong Pharmacy near Dao seafood market.

They have a live performer who sings. Have a coffee machine and good coffee from Thai beans. They don't roast themselves but get everything supplied.

The menu is Thai food. I asked for their recommendation and they seems to be proud of their Thai spicy salads "yum" ยำ and have a wide selection.

They also have wide selection of whole fish which can be prepared according to your taste, such as sweet/sour etc.

They even have lab ลอบ and somtum ส้มตำ as well as all the various Thai soup dishes such as the obligatory tom yum ต้มยำ but also other spicy soups.

If you are looking for a restaurant with authentic Thai dishes, this is definitely the place.

Food comes out reasonably fast, so nothing to complain here.

Price is a bit "upscale" but I guess they're trying to sell the whole package such as the atmosphere, etc. But I told them that for this area, it's a bit pricey and people in the neighborhood wouldn't come here for their regular fried rice or phat kaphrao.

I ordered yum catfish ยำปลาดุกฟู which is usually not found in the usual eatery and it's 140 bt already. (There's another eatery near Tesco Chaweng which makes better and only at half that price.)

Seafood fried rice (shrimp and squid) was at 70bt if I remember correctly.

My total order which included espresso, bottle of water, yum catfish, fried rice = 275bt!

Another dish they recommended is Thai style "kung pow chicken" ไก่ผัดเม็ดมะม่วง. It happens to be one of my favorite dishes as well, so will have to try it next time.

Edited by Mole
  • Like 2

I seen a bike with sidecar ( salang ) today selling kebabs, near the wharf where the people comeback from KPG.

What kind of kebabs?

I've been looking for a place on this island with decent döner or gyros or shawarma.

Edited by Mole
  • Like 1

What kind of kebabs?

I've been looking for a place on this island with decent döner or gyros or shawarma.

Turkish kebabs on Sio Green Mango open in a week or so....

post-145163-0-75828600-1387121810_thumb.