Most Economical Option: Deposit Cash In Australian, End Up With Thai Baht In Thai Bank Account?

-any bank in Australia will offer this.

-the account in Thailand can be in anybody's name.

-all banks in Thailand accept foreign funds and it's done thousands of times on a daily basis!

Thank Naam

So in summary, request an international bank transfer from my account to the nominated Thai account, asking that the transfer be in AUS$'s and provide the receiving banks "name", "address", "contact number", "SWIFT Code", "Nominated Account number", & "Account holders Name & contact number".

The receiving bank will then convert to Thai Baht at their prevailing rate and deposit it into their account.

Is this how it would work?

I recently used NAB to transfer funds to thailand and i was NOT offered the option of the conversion being done by the thai banks, the conversion was done by NAB and i only got a rate of 28.92+ a $22 fee + another $6 fee inbetween + a $5 fee from the thai bank.bah.gif

-any bank in Australia will offer this.

-the account in Thailand can be in anybody's name.

-all banks in Thailand accept foreign funds and it's done thousands of times on a daily basis!

Thank Naam

So in summary, request an international bank transfer from my account to the nominated Thai account, asking that the transfer be in AUS$'s and provide the receiving banks "name", "address", "contact number", "SWIFT Code", "Nominated Account number", & "Account holders Name & contact number".

The receiving bank will then convert to Thai Baht at their prevailing rate and deposit it into their account.

Is this how it would work?

I recently used NAB to transfer funds to thailand and i was NOT offered the option of the conversion being done by the thai banks, the conversion was done by NAB and i only got a rate of 28.92+ a $22 fee + another $6 fee inbetween + a $5 fee from the thai bank.bah.gif

you were "NABbed"! but now you know and can make the right decision next time.