Debt Blacklisting 'unconstitutional'

webfact

When my GF tells me the family wants to borrow some money, I say to her... 'You mean they want me to give them some money.' She gets kinna sheepish after that, but doesn't deny it.

No Thai I know has ever repaid a debt. 'Can I borrow 1000 baht. I will give back next week/month.' Yeah, right. Not gonna happen (even if they have money to repay).

I expected the worst on the few occasions where a member of the family needed help but I have always been paid back in full and on time.

One loan I made was to an uncle who was having huge issues when his wife had a stroke and was paralysed. I lent him money on condition that he pay me back in labour as I needed my land cleared and planted. Worked out for both of us.

"Your Land" You lucky bastardwink.png

The sourness and bitterness is tangible...........

How sad.

Come on phil you need to lighten up, have a Leo and recognize satire when you see it.
  • Like 2

When my GF tells me the family wants to borrow some money, I say to her... 'You mean they want me to give them some money.' She gets kinna sheepish after that, but doesn't deny it.

No Thai I know has ever repaid a debt. 'Can I borrow 1000 baht. I will give back next week/month.' Yeah, right. Not gonna happen (even if they have money to repay).

I expected the worst on the few occasions where a member of the family needed help but I have always been paid back in full and on time.

One loan I made was to an uncle who was having huge issues when his wife had a stroke and was paralysed. I lent him money on condition that he pay me back in labour as I needed my land cleared and planted. Worked out for both of us.

The sourness and bitterness is tangible...........

How sad.

Aussie humour. hence the smiley Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Haha!

What's mine is ours!

Just need some olive trees and grape vines now

The general Thai thinks access to money is similar to access to tamarind; easy and continuous.

Responsibility, when it comes to meeting payback deadlines? That doesn't matter. They got what they wanted, and when they needed it.

To shirk responsibility, and be placed on a blacklist happens in every country worldwide. Why should Thailand be any different, especially when it comes to credit cards?

If you can't afford to pay back when you are due to, then you should implement the responsibility of not borrowing in the very first place.

I have little sympathy for the majority. I do, however, have sympathy for those whose businesses were destroyed by the floods.

Nevetheless, even there, if you are a business owner, no matter how large or small, it is within your own interest to get yourself insured.

Maybe this blacklist will keep a few more SUVs off the road, and lead to less road deaths, keep some children without the latest gadgets and lead to more reading and creative play, and keep the obesity trend, resulting from fast foods, to a minimum.

Personally, I'm all for it. Thais need to learn to take responsibility for long term planning, and not getting what 'they think they need in the now'.

-mel.

While I am all for deferred gratification,the basis of the protestant work ethic,it'll be a hard sell.Nearest attempt was hard wooden benches to rival shaker furniture,but of course the Shakes didn't lol about much.

I realized what a great slacker culture when I saw seats and TVs in banks a decade ago.,ever been in a hospital waiting room,a superb venue for giving out health education material/

Nope more like a cinema films,folks eating,glugging unhealthy green slime out of liter size plastic cups etc