Surin Villagers Making Offerings To Deformed Dead Piglet

webfact

Surin villagers making offerings to deformed dead piglet

By Coconuts Bangkok

SURIN: -- Residents in Surin’s Amphoe Sungkha have been making offerings to a strange-looking piglet that died upon birth yesterday, believing that the arrival of the strange creature will bring luck to the owner’s family.

Run Boonnueang, a 60-year-old Surin local, was not amazed when he witnessed his three-year-old breeder giving birth to ten piglets in the morning of Jan. 17 since it was her fourth delivery. What intrigued him was the last baby that came out of its mother’s womb and died at birth.

The unusual baby pig has one eye and a trunk-like, five-centimeter-long growth [more...]

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...ed-dead-piglet/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2013-01-19

footer_n.gif

Just goes to show how 'pig-ignorant' these people are!!! Haven't they heard of birth defects before? - I think I can answer that one actually.

Maybe the 'red pig ghosts' were responsible so they should tether a pig outside every house to repel it!!!!

Just goes to show how 'pig-ignorant' these people are!!! Haven't they heard of birth defects before? - I think I can answer that one actually.

Maybe the 'red pig ghosts' were responsible so they should tether a pig outside every house to repel it!!!!

Dear oh dear...and all these years my sister in England has had a horseshoe hanging outside her front door of her farmhouse in the hope that it will bring good luck. maybe she is pig (or horse )ignorant too.

Is it just me (probably) but one of the pics looks like there is a pair of hands, severed at the wrists holding the pigs ears.

Could this possibly be evidence of a homesick expat Kiwi caught in the act and the rest of the story is just a cover up?

the pig looks to have a smile on his face!!

Edited by Mudcrab

Almost as ridiculous as people having concerns about walking under a ladder or breaking a mirror or Friday the 13th or the chanting "Bloody Mary"