Lost German Lady Located In Koh Phangan Jungle

Lost German Lady Located in Koh Phangan Jungle

SURAT THANI – January 19, 2013 [PDN]: At 8:20 p.m., a report of a hotel guest getting lost in the jungle on Koh Phangan island was received by rescuers from Kusolsatta foundation Phangan island, Phangan island, Surat Tani.

Officers were notified by the staff at the Cooky Bungalow in Phangan island, after they received a call from the lost guest, identified as Dr. Lydia Sarah Sophia Cog, from Germany. Calling from her cellphone, Dr. Lydia told the hotel staff that she was lost in the jungle in Khuad beach, and could not come out because it was too dark.

So the rescuers called Mr.Taweesak Inprom, Phangan sheriff, who coordinated with the Pangan island police to set up a search party that numbered more than 30 people.

Among the notables that assembled to search for the lost German tourist were Pol. Lt. Col. Theerarat Choichanchaikul, vice director of Phangan island police station; Pol. Lt. Col. Pisaju Biakaew, tourism police inspector, Samui island tourism police office; Mr. Naris Suwanngern, Phangan district prevention general secretary; Mr. Chatcahpol Tangpradit, the head of Phangan rescue center; the rescuers of Kulolsatta Phangan island; Mrs. Wannee Thaipanich, the president of tourism promotion of Phangan island; and the land guard volunteers of Phangan island, including Mr. Pongsak Haiklar, the head of moo 7.

Full Story: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/01/20/lost-german-lady-located-in-koh-phangan-jungle/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

--Pattaya Daily News 2013-01-20

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Wonder what phone she had ... If a smart phone with gps , would have taken 5 mins to track her down .. Or a quick call to the local phone company to see which tower her phone was transmitting to

Come on Boater. We are talking about Thailand here. wai.gif Many other places - for sure.

Do you really think that any of those that are named in the rescue party could do that?

(By the way - I could not and my Nokia 1,000 baht jobbie does not have GPS).

Wonder what phone she had ... If a smart phone with gps , would have taken 5 mins to track her down .. Or a quick call to the local phone company to see which tower her phone was transmitting to

That wouldn't have made a nice story: police bigwig calls mobile operator to locate tourist. Whereas bigwig jungle rescue party makes the headlines.biggrin.png

Goldilocks Rescued from Thai Forest

By Staff Reporter

koch.jpg

Dr. Lydia Koch, a cardiologist from Berlin Germany, found out, over the weekend that Thai People have excellent hearts.

SURAT THANI: -- Friday was a great day to explore Koh Pangan, with its beautiful beaches and deep forests, especially since the weather was cooler than it often is, and one tourist, Dr. Koch, decided to explore the forests on her own, which is never a really good idea.

Walking, as she did, to the inner depths, she failed to notice that the sun was sinking and that dusk was approaching, and also, according to reports, didn’t realize that the forest would become…dark ..at night. Soon, like Goldilocks, she became lost and scared.

With no family of friendly bears to help her, no porridge to try, or beds to sleep in.. she did remember that she had her mobile phone with her and she was lucky enough to get a signal, call through to the staff at the hotel where she was staying, and explain her predicament. [more...]

Full story: http://www.pattaya10...forest-thailan/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-01-21

footer_n.gif

• Like 1

maybe she had taken a mega trip and was far out man !

• Like 1

Lost as in she wondered off ~ 100 feet into the woods behind her bungalow,

and with no sense of direction decided yelling out to the staff for help was to embarrassing,

Woefully unprepared,

Note to self: Do not use her for heart trouble unless she has her cell phone so she call for help.

• Like 1

Pity, they didn't stumble on Jim Thompson as well. sad.png

Malaysia - KPN? I can see why you are confused.

and with no sense of direction decided yelling out to the staff for help was to embarrassing,

Woefully unprepared,

Note to self: Do not use her for heart trouble unless she has her cell phone so she call for help.

She was nowhere near her room - where did you get that from?

and for you people that infer that she was drugged up - do not judge others by your own low standards.

I find it amazing. The poor girl went for a ride. Stopped to take in some of the beautiful atmosphere, and all of the acid heads (man) and dip sticks make silly comments.....

I am glad that she is safe, and from what could have been a pretty bad (and frightening experience?) - good story of real people going out to help someone.

Did anyone actually read the whole of the first story?

She was staying at Cookies. Last I looked thats just before Srithanu. So, unless she walked really really far, she didn't walk out of her bungalow and end up in Bottle Beach.

For those without any knowledge I am sure getting lost in the jungle sounds far fetched but not on Koh Phangan which still has many deeply forested areas. The area behind Bottle Beach being one of those places.

Just good to hear she kept her head and that they could find her without too much trouble or that she didn't run into some of the nasties that live out in the jungle.

• Like 2

Pity, they didn't stumble on Jim Thompson as well. sad.png

Malaysia - KPN? I can see why you are confused.

Woefully unprepared,

She was nowhere near her room - where did you get that from?

and for you people that infer that she was drugged up - do not judge others by your own low standards.

I find it amazing. The poor girl went for a ride. Stopped to take in some of the beautiful atmosphere, and all of the acid heads (man) and dip sticks make silly comments.....

I am glad that she is safe, and from what could have been a pretty bad (and frightening experience?) - good story of real people going out to help someone.

nice to see some people hear have a snese of humer

Glad to see Goldilocks safe and sound again! What a fine search party in such good spirit. Their kind-heartedness should be an example to all of us. smile.png

so goldie had no teeth marks. well done to her beating off the wolves maybe she went out to find her spirit guide an american Indian tradition

Edited by BigC

Lost German Lady ... identified as Dr. Lydia Sarah Sophia Cog, from Germany

What kind of German name is this?

This is a German doctor who is lost, and some people are suggesting the Thai search party are stupid!

Thank the Lord for someone else who thinks the same way as myself: must we always knock the Thais?

Is this the lateral thinking thread?

• Like 1