Order Fish Oil From New Zealand

tommyuk77

Unless you have a 'thing' for the NZ Fish Oil or whether you just wish to have a product upon which you can rely on the safety and quality .. You can purchase from an Amway store or use an Amway Rep ... A lot of people roll their eyes at this suggestion - BUT ... you can get quality. local pick up or delivery and not worry about international shipping, import fees, etc. You have to be a member to buy at an Amway shop ... a whole 300 baht.

Just a thought.

You might want to look around for the PML brand Fish Oil 30/20 1000mg ( EPA 300mg, DHA 200mg). They're manufactured in NZ and re-packaged by The British Dispensary (L.P.) Co Ltd. here in Thailand. They're marketed and sold by PML Pharmaceuticals Co Ltd, Tel: 02-330-8550. They're a bit pricey at (I think) 420Baht for 60 capsules but the recommended dosage is 1 capsule/day. They might be a bit cheaper in Bangkok. Probably available at most good pharmacies.

Whether you will need to pay a duty (and indeed, whether the package is allowed into the country at all) depends on the whim on customs which in turn is heavily influenced by how it is shipped.

if it is coming by courier, expect stiff tariffs and possible a refusal to let it in at all.

If it is coming by regular air mail, then it may get in free or with smaller tariff.

but as others have pointed out, fish oil is widely available in Thailand (with both imported and locally made brands) so no need to import it.

Whether you will need to pay a duty (and indeed, whether the package is allowed into the country at all) depends on the whim on customs which in turn is heavily influenced by how it is shipped.

if it is coming by courier, expect stiff tariffs and possible a refusal to let it in at all.

If it is coming by regular air mail, then it may get in free or with smaller tariff.

but as others have pointed out, fish oil is widely available in Thailand (with both imported and locally made brands) so no need to import it.

Only i found i get it 7 !!!! times cheaper from aboad inclusive shipping exclusive taxes as wheni buy it here.

You might want to look around for the PML brand Fish Oil 30/20 1000mg ( EPA 300mg, DHA 200mg). They're manufactured in NZ and re-packaged by The British Dispensary (L.P.) Co Ltd. here in Thailand. They're marketed and sold by PML Pharmaceuticals Co Ltd, Tel: 02-330-8550. They're a bit pricey at (I think) 420Baht for 60 capsules but the recommended dosage is 1 capsule/day. They might be a bit cheaper in Bangkok. Probably available at most good pharmacies.

1 cap a day is not enough. YOu need to take 3 caps a day for heart health or 9 a day if you are using it for arthritis.

It is cheaper sourced from Australia and definitely too expensive in Thailand. Also better to get fish oil caps from small fish less mercury issues.

1 cap a day is not enough. YOu need to take 3 caps a day for heart health or 9 a day if you are using it for arthritis.

It is cheaper sourced from Australia and definitely too expensive in Thailand. Also better to get fish oil caps from small fish less mercury issues.

Your right the lower in the food chain an animal is in general the better it is mercury wise.

Is coming by regular air mail,last time i working in singapore and order from new zealand,order about singapore dollar 350,no need pay any tax,only above 400 then need to pay tax,why thailand need to pay tax?

Almost none of the shops who sell fish oil seem to keep it cold? Don't any of you wonder or worry about that?

Rancid fish oil is quite detrimental to your health, and it is fairly common with bottles of rancid fish oil on the shelves (based on a large Norwegian study). Transport and storage through the tropics would seem to me to be a bad idea.

Almost none of the shops who sell fish oil seem to keep it cold? Don't any of you wonder or worry about that?

Rancid fish oil is quite detrimental to your health, and it is fairly common with bottles of rancid fish oil on the shelves (based on a large Norwegian study). Transport and storage through the tropics would seem to me to be a bad idea.

That's interesting - but you refer to 'bottles of rancid fish oil', and I wonder if that would similarly apply to fish oil, factory packed, in capsule form, further packed in an airtight container. I do note that the period from date of manufacture to the 'expiry date' on the stuff I use is two years. Assuming it's kept within a reasonable temperature range, would the oil in capsule form be likely to turn rancid?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's interesting - but you refer to 'bottles of rancid fish oil', and I wonder if that would similarly apply to fish oil, factory packed, in capsule form, further packed in an airtight container. I do note that the period from date of manufacture to the 'expiry date' on the stuff I use is two years. Assuming it's kept within a reasonable temperature range, would the oil in capsule form be likely to turn rancid?

I guess that depends what a reasonable temperature range is - I don't have that data. But the Norwegian study I mentioned did find a huge percentage of plastic bottles with fish oil capsules on the shelves that had some degree of rancidity. Of course, very slight rancidity is probably not an issue, but once it goes over a certain threshold you'll be worse off than if you taken none.

I think to make sure, you should cut open a capsule and test what the fish oil actually tastes like. If it's OK, it'll just have a mild, oily taste.