Toilet Paper...disappointing

eeeya

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why the toilet paper in Thailand is so thin comparing to other country's?

Make it like the football star bring your own paper!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

The thai version of toilet paper is thin because its primary use is to dab dry the area after using the bum gun.

Its not designed to scrape muck away like the thicker western toilet paper.

what a backward topic ! However, I agree with most here, the hygiene a bum gun delivers makes it first choice over any smearing toilet paper. And it helps saving trees and reduces cost & installment of wastewater plants. Bum guns should receive much more attention in the West.

Depends on the brand you buy. I've found Zilk is about the best, the other brands you have to fold 10 times otherwise you get finger penetration.

....and that's always a nasty surprise

Absolutely totally 100% agree with the OP.

I too am back in a Western country after 15 years away, toilet paper ias the absolute worst part of it, even harder to deal with than the high tax/rent/cost of living in general.

Toilet paper, why? or better still how?

At every place that I might need to go I keep a supply of WetOnes of the flushable variety, it is a compromise I know but beats the sh1t out of dry dunny roll.

My missus keeps a mini watering can next to the loo.

Spent the last 2 years in Korea where the best toilet I have ever used is. Heated seat, auto water witha boy/girl setting and a blow dryer.

Pure heaven.

Spent the last 2 years in Korea where the best toilet I have ever used is. Heated seat, auto water witha boy/girl setting and a blow dryer.

Pure heaven.

Pictures. Need pictures. (The toilet, not the user.)

You can test drive them at Terminal 21 in Bangkok:

7797236220_b20a04f2fa_z.jpg

Absolutely totally 100% agree with the OP.

I too am back in a Western country after 15 years away, toilet paper ias the absolute worst part of it, even harder to deal with than the high tax/rent/cost of living in general.

Toilet paper, why? or better still how?

At every place that I might need to go I keep a supply of WetOnes of the flushable variety, it is a compromise I know but beats the sh1t out of dry dunny roll.

My missus keeps a mini watering can next to the loo.

Pure heaven.

God help us if there's an electrical fault w00t.gif Owwwwwwwww blink.png

I'm currently renovating a house and was going to install a bum gun, until I thought about the temperature of cold water in Scotland in winter. w00t.gif

Oh well, back to the barbaric bogroll. sick.gif

I installed a bum gun i Denmark... worst mistake ever! as the tap water is rarely more than 5C where i lived. But I love the bum gun in Thailand!

Depends on the brand you buy. I've found Zilk is about the best, the other brands you have to fold 10 times otherwise you get finger penetration.

I can highly recommend Scott 'Extra Care'! The only 3-ply toilet paper I have been able to find in Thailand.

• Like 1

Pure heaven.

Pictures. Need pictures. (The toilet, not the user.)

You can test drive them at Terminal 21 in Bangkok:

7797236220_b20a04f2fa_z.jpg

Can you speed-dial room service from it?

Me and the Mrs went for a holiday in japan.

Mrs went to the bathroom in our hotel room and after a few minutes screamed.

I ran in to see what the problem was and she was standing next to the electric japanese style super toilet and there was an arc of water spraying from the bowl.

I gathered it had started its "bum washing cycle" but the Mrs wasn't having any of it and jumped off.

I guess she prefers manual operation rather than fully automatic

Edited by eeeya

Western, high society toilet

post-70928-0-37007300-1358794174_thumb.j

So, i think rich people shit togetherblink.png

I think one of them is what they call a bidet.

I always used to think it funny when hearing about japanese toilets with water spray....before I came to Thailand.

Now I never use toilet paper anymore.

When back in the UK or in places where there is no gun....... I simply flush the toilet.....then dip my hand into the water and wash my bum....several flushes if you want.

Haven't you noticed that using your hand and water to clean yourself is far more hygenic...and cheaper....and wastes less trees. It also makes you less forgetful about washing your hands after.

Also you don't see many Thais biting their fingernails like Western people do..... I wonder why....lol.

Western, high society toilet

post-70928-0-37007300-1358794174_thumb.j

So, i think rich people shit togetherblink.png

I think one of them is what they call a bidet.

I always used to think it funny when hearing about japanese toilets with water spray....before I came to Thailand.

Now I never use toilet paper anymore.

When back in the UK or in places where there is no gun....... I simply flush the toilet.....then dip my hand into the water and wash my bum....several flushes if you want.

Haven't you noticed that using your hand and water to clean yourself is far more hygenic...and cheaper....and wastes less trees. It also makes you less forgetful about washing your hands after.

Also you don't see many Thais biting their fingernails like Western people do..... I wonder why....lol.

Respect wai2.gif FAB, hope you dont mind to learn i tried to joke about the subject in my previous post....

Edited by Dancealot

I like the bum gun with its ease of use. Even using an un familiar bum gun on a new location, all it takes is a quick test shot to evaluate the pressure on hand and throttling capability of the hand piece.

I do struggle with the "bin full of water and dog bowl" ass washing system.

Do go front or back? with a hand dip method? should I flick the bowl at my ass to achieve a similar hydrostatic effect of the bum gun?

I've tried many variety of techniques, each beginning with the " pants removal" approach.

Maybe I could invent a portable, hand operated bilge pump. You just take it to your desired location, place pump in water bin and pump away simulating a regular toilet gun