Gasohol E20 Now Available At Ptt Chaweng.

Gasohol E20 is now available at PTT stations in Samui.

At 34.5 THB per Lt it's a lot cheaper than Gasoline91.

WARNING....Check that your Vechicle is E20 compatible. E20 stands for 20% Ethanol. This can Damage the Fuel System & Engine if your vechicle is not compatible.

All New Honda Click, Wave, PCX and Yamaha Mio & Fino are compatible. All Older Carburetor models (Pre 2010 ish) are not compatible.

• Like 1

I have a 2012 Ford automobile that is advertised to be compatible with E20, however I'm finding that my gas mileage with E20 is only about 65% of what I get with 91 Benzene. Seems as though the addition of alcohol to the petrol actually causes more fossil fuel to be burned per kilometer of driving.

Edited by AngelsLariat
  • Like 1

WARNING....Check that your Vechicle is E20 compatible. E20 stands for 20% Ethanol. This can Damage the Fuel System & Engine if your vechicle is not compatible.

All New Honda Click, Wave, PCX and Yamaha Mio & Fino are compatible. All Older Carburetor models (Pre 2010 ish) are not compatible.

Are you sure they can use E20?

sent from my Q6

and no more gasoline 91 in the marketwhistling.gif

Still listed

http://www.pttplc.com/th/Pages/home.aspx

And it looks like, that minimum 2 PTT's in Phuket have 95 gasoline, for about one week, now.

Yellow 95:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTo-Z1slbSOVUsNPGY2yFRYfy7jAWBTMC_m-EUVpraCRdHXnBjm7RDgREsh

Maybe it will be available at bigger stations, with more tanks, only?

Still listed

http://www.pttplc.co...Pages/home.aspx

And it looks like, that minimum 2 PTT's in Phuket have 95 gasoline, for about one week, now.

Yellow 95:

http://t2.gstatic.co...dHXnBjm7RDgREsh

Possibly it's the bigger stations that have it, but once current inventory is exhausted there will be no more.

Still listed

Yellow 95:

Possibly it's the bigger stations that have it, but once current inventory is exhausted there will be no more.

All the effort (Changing colors, tanks, pump optic) for only a little time?

Not a good idea! My mileage/l is getting better and better, these days!

Edited by noob7

Still listed

Yellow 95:

Why is your mileage/l getting better and better?

Still listed

Yellow 95:

Because less and less mix (91/95 gasoline), close to 100% 95, now, in my tank.

Looks like, 95 gasoline is 95 gasoline.

Before, with the 91 gasoline, the motocy was using more gas, in the past 6 month or so.

Not sure, that the 91 gasoline was 100% without ethanol.

Because less and less mix (91/95 gasoline), close to 100% 95, now, in my tank.

Looks like, 95 gasoline is 95 gasoline.

Before, with the 91 gasoline, the motocy was using more gas, in the past 6 month or so.

Not sure, that the 91 gasoline was 100% without ethanol.

Try testing it in a controlled manner. I bet that you'll find that you get worse mileage with any of the ethanol mixes than with 91 non-ethanol gasoline.

Are you sure they can use E20?

sent from my Q6

Most new Vechicle's are Fuel Injected and E20 compatible. New Honda models like the Click, Wave and PCX have Fuel Injection as standard. Look for a sticker under the seat or in the Manual stating which type of Gasline / Gasohol can be used.

Personally i wouldn't use E20. If i use the cheaper Gasohol fuel then i go for 91(Green lable) or 95(Orange lable). Both contain only 10% Ethanol.

Colour Coding at the pumps:

Note that 91 & 95 are the Octane ratings.

Gasoline:

Red 91 = 100% Benzene (Gasoline)

Yellow 95 = 100% Benzene (Not available in Samui)

Gasohol:

Green 91 = 90% Benzene & 10% Ethanol (Ethanol is a bit like Lao Khao but Highly Corrosive)

Orange 95 = 90% Benzene & 10% Ethanol

Green E20 = 80% Benzene & 20% Ethanol

Colour Coding at the pumps:

Note that 91 & 95 are the Octane ratings.

Gasoline:

Red 91 = 100% Benzene (Gasoline)

Yellow 95 = 100% Benzene (Not available in Samui)

Gasohol:

Green 91 = 90% Benzene & 10% Ethanol (Ethanol is a bit like Lao Khao but Highly Corrosive)

Orange 95 = 90% Benzene & 10% Ethanol

Green E20 = 80% Benzene & 20% Ethanol

re: "Ethanol is a bit like Lao Khao but Highly Corrosive", it's corrosive in the sense that it reacts with certain metals (and can dissolve certain plastics) if given enough time but the same is true of what's in Lao Khao. In both the gasohol and in alcoholic drinks, the active agent is ethyl alcohol. If it's more corrosive in gasohol than in Lao Khao it's because of it interacting with other ingredients in the gasohol rather than because the ethanol is different.

Edited by AngelsLariat

"Ethanol is a bit like Lao Khao but Highly Corrosive" This was just a bit of humor!

But now i'm on the subject......

Ethanol and Loa Khao are distilled from rice or suger cane. Ethanol is basically pure alcohol distilled to about 95% and is highly volatile. The difference is that ethanol will kill you if you drink it!

The reason why it's not good to use Gasohol in Older Carburetor models is because the Ethanol is highly aggressive and will corrode the rubber fuel hoses and carburetor seals.

Edited by TheOggMonster

"Ethanol is a bit like Lao Khao but Highly Corrosive" This was just a bit of humor!

Ethanol and Loa Khao are distilled from rice or suger cane. Ethanol is basically pure alcohol distilled to about 95% and is highly volatile. The difference is that ethanol will kill you if you drink it!

The reason why it's not good to use Gasohol in Older Carburetor models is because the Ethanol is highly aggressive and will corrode the rubber fuel hoses and carburetor seals.

Minor point, but metals corrode, rubber & plastics don't. Rubber may react with ethanol but that's not a form of corrosion.

Edited by AngelsLariat

Minor point, but metals corrode, rubber & plastics don't. Rubber may react with ethanol but that's not a form of corrosion.

I don't want to get bogged down with this but..... The word Corrosion refers to the gradual destruction of a material. The term Degradation can also be used . Corrosion degrades the useful properties of materials and structures including strength, appearance and permeability to liquids and gases.

In simple English it means your rubber fuel pipes and Carbureter seals will crack and leak

All E20 compatible vehicles use Neoprene fuel pipes and seals.

Edited by TheOggMonster

Getting back to the original post,

I've noticed that Gasoline 91 is no longer available at both Ptt stations in Chaweng. It looks like it's been replaced by the more expensive Gasoline 95 (Yellow lable)?

Just been informed that PTT have withdrawn the Gasoline 91 in town (Phetchabun province).

I have a 2007 Honda Click, 2008 Honda Sonic (Carb), Honda engine lawn mower and Makita strimmer. (4 strokes).

The two other vehicles here are both diesels, so no probs there!.

Ethanol might kill you if you drink it but it won't kill you quickly unless you chug a pint of it undiluted. I suspect that you are confusing ethyl alcohol with isopropyl alcohol or perhaps with methyl alchohol (the latter of which is what is believed to have caused the folksinger Leadbelly to go blind). In some states of the US 190 proof "grain" alcohol is sold in liquor stores. What that is is 95% ethanol, basically the same as prohibition era moonshine. I used to buy it to use in a machine to clean vinyl LP records back in the day. I'd dilute it with distilled water and add a few drops of Photoflo (a surfactant) and it was quite effective at reducing surface noise. But chemically all that stuff was (less the surfactant) just double-strength vodka.

Edited by AngelsLariat

I don't want to get bogged down with this but..... The word Corrosion refers to the gradual destruction of a material. The term Degradation can also be used . Corrosion degrades the useful properties of materials and structures including strength, appearance and permeability to liquids and gases.

In simple English it means your rubber fuel pipes and Carbureter seals will crack and leak

All E20 compatible vehicles use Neoprene fuel pipes and seals.

if you want to use the term as something other than a chemical or metallurgical term, that is fine, but generally it refers to an oxidation process or a galvanic process attacking metals.

Edited by AngelsLariat

• 1 month later...