Vegetarians, Are You Here ? Which Supermarket/shop Is Better For Vegeratian ?

Fgis

Hello,

I wonder if vegetarian like some supermarkets / shops more than others because they offer specific and different food ?

Any imported veg food that you can find only at these places ?

What vegs like that is not sold here ?

Thanks for all your ideas.

• 4 weeks later...

Go down Soi La Salle, Sukhumvit105, to the Siri Nakarin junction, Turn right, and about 200m on the right is a veggie restaurant, yellow banner outside, which has a fridge full of veggie foods for sale.

Most of me mates who eat murdered stuff reckon the sausages are better than those they sacrifice living things for.

Check it out.

Edited by Soi Sauce

• 1 month later...

There's a Farmer's Market near Chatuchak Market in Mochit, Bangkok, you can try finding your requirements there. Lots of organic foods and probably some imported ones as well. I am not sure about the exact address but I figure its pretty popular in Mochit so a little asking should be enough to get you to it.

Most of me mates who eat murdered stuff reckon the sausages are better than those they sacrifice living things for.

There was a documentary on Thai food a couple of years ago after a vegan (jae) food manufacturer was raided and found to be putting real seafood in its mock seafood. It's perfectly plausible to believe that something similar may be happening to make these sausages taste so good wink.png

In Thailand, if you want to be sure what you're eating, cook it yourself from scratch - and try not to worry about the insecticides and other toxins. (A report a few weeks ago showed that a significant proportion of food labelled as "organic" in Thailand in fact has high levels of insecticide residue.)

There was a documentary on Thai food a couple of years ago after a vegan (jae) food manufacturer was raided and found to be putting real seafood in its mock seafood.

Years ago, in San Francisco, there was health food store that sold organic Twinkies made with whole wheat and all healthy ingredients. That tasted EXACTLY like real Twinkies. In retrospect, I am pretty sure that they just repackaged unhealthy Twinkies and tripled the price.

There was a documentary on Thai food a couple of years ago after a vegan (jae) food manufacturer was raided and found to be putting real seafood in its mock seafood. It's perfectly plausible to believe that something similar may be happening to make these sausages taste so good wink.png

In Thailand, if you want to be sure what you're eating, cook it yourself from scratch - and try not to worry about the insecticides and other toxins. (A report a few weeks ago showed that a significant proportion of food labelled as "organic" in Thailand in fact has high levels of insecticide residue.)

If you are going to make insinuations, it is only fair that you provide credible links rather than just say 'there was a documentary couple of years ago... and there was a report couple of months ago...'

well...if ye don't got anything more urgent to do I suggest goin' down to yer local traditional market and see what's on offer...I'm not a vegetarian but I like vegetables and there can be a significant variation with what's on display from day to day; one day no green beans and the next day there are bags and bags of splendid specimens...

I also like freshly made bean curd (tofu) which I have never seen elsewhere than at the traditional market...keep yer eyes peeled as it is unpackaged and sold outta a plastic wash tub...

(and here is tutsi at the market in Ky Anh which is a small town near where he lives and works in Ha Tinh province in north central Vietnam and the tofu vendor cackles toothlessly as he approaches as she has noticed that he admires her middle aged but still remarkable equipment as she bags up his order and takes the money...'Adventures in Fine Dining in Rural SE Asia')

Edited by tutsiwarrior