Swimmimg Pools Ubon Ratchathani

Michael Hare

I seem to recall someone on this forum asking about either lap swimming pools or swimming pools for children when staying in Ubon.

I may have some information.

Last month I was working out at my Warin gym when I met this nice Finnish chap really pumping iron. He told me he had built a resort with a swimming pool near the Mun River. He gave directions but I didn't believe him as the directions pointed to a village I have been working in for 18 years. Never seen a resort there. He said hardly anyone stays there. Not really a business but just life he told me?

Well today I was in the village or more exactly in the fields talking with my contract farmers who are harvesting seed of a forage legume for me. On the way out I sported some new signs about the Moon River Resort. I dropped in. A lovely place with a view across the Mun River. Why hadn't I seen it before? Well it is on a side road and I come in on the main road and then off to the seed fields in another direction. And the signs have just gone up.

Easiest way to get there is to come on the ring road from Warin to Ubon. Just before the twin bridges across the Mun River and before Tok Kham Restaurant (the fish restaurant) turn left at a school on the left. Then follow the signs for 3 km.

Their signs say 450 baht/night.

But beware. There are many Mun River Resorts or Moon Resorts or River Mun resorts in Ubon. This one is called Moon River Resort.

http://www.asiarooms.com/en/hd/thailand/ubon_ratchathani/271839-moon_river_resort.html?gclid=CPjYgMP5-7QCFYp_6wod0hwA1Q&pv=GOOG_2091201125TH&WT.srch=1

http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-directions/271839_moon-river-resort-ubon-ratchathani.aspx

Hi Michael. It looks a nice resort tucked out of the way. Its for sale too in fact, for 31M baht.

Cheers

John

Are you sure it is for sale John? The one I visited today is called the MOON RIVER RESORT. The one advertised on Thai Visa Real Estate is called RESORT MUN RIVER. It is in the same village further along the road. My one is quite a classey little place.

Actually along the Mun River there are a number of resorts with various changes of name using Mun or Moon or Resort or hotel.

It is confusing.

May have been me asking about the pool.

One of life's little mysteries solved. Went looking for the moon river resort a few months ago, kids love the pool.

Found a nice resort called the moon river resort, owned by a French guy I think, no pool.

Will have to go check this place out. Jim

Hi Michael. It looks a nice resort tucked out of the way. Its for sale too in fact, for 31M baht.

Cheers

John

Are you sure it is for sale John? The one I visited today is called the MOON RIVER RESORT. The one advertised on Thai Visa Real Estate is called RESORT MUN RIVER. It is in the same village further along the road. My one is quite a classey little place.

Actually along the Mun River there are a number of resorts with various changes of name using Mun or Moon or Resort or hotel.

It is confusing.

Oh yes maybe your right Michael. There is also a nice "Moon River Resort" on the way to Phi Bun. That looks very appealing. ..Cheers

Cheers

John

It is confusing.

Oh yes maybe your right Michael. There is also a nice "Moon River Resort" on the way to Phi Bun. That looks very appealing. ..Cheers

You are dead right there John about exactly the same name on the way to Phibun. I had a discussion about this with a friend. He said the resort was on the way to Phibin and I said, no, it is here just off the Ubon - Warin Ring road.

For Jim. I will send you the Moon River Resort phone number tomorrow evening so you ring to check out the place. Looks like a good one to stay with a young family. Also, with Central opening on April 5, it is only 4 km down the ring road. One can shop at Central, buy home equipment at Home Pro and Thai Watsasud and eat at Spado Italian without having to put up with traffic jams in Central Ubon. By the way Jim, I am doing some Kenaf research work with a young Australian who is married to a lady from your village. Must be something in the water down your way. Why is it so many Thai ladies marry Australians there?? I think of at these 4 couples.

• Like 1

Cheers

John

The one on the way to Phibun is called the Moon resort.

The two resorts in my grass seed village are called:

1 Resort Mun River selling for 31 million baht only!

2 Moon River resort. The one I like with the swimming pool. Owned by the nice chap from Finland.

Another one called Ingmoon riverside resort. Just across the third bridge from the Ubon Rat hospital.

View them yourself here.

http://www.resortmunriver.com/#photo

http://www.ubonratchathanithailand.com/the-moon-resort/

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g656472-d2698056-Reviews-Ingmoon_Riverside_Resort_Spa-Ubon_Ratchathani_Ubon_Ratchathani_Province.html

http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/271839_moon-river-resort-ubon-ratchathani.aspx

It is confusing.