No Water Flow In Pattaya

Lenthai

For days now we have no water flow at all in our house on Thepprasit Road. According to information we got from the water company this is due to the fact, that the demand for water in Pattaya is too much for them to handle properly.

If i notice all the new constructions of hotels and apartment buildings around Pattaya and Jomtien i really wonder what the future will bring us here.

It is of course great for all these guys picking up water from some lake here around and sell it to you for 200 Bath per tank.

I see here in the village these cars running around day and night, because all the houses have the same problem. NO WATER.

This is what you get when you have unbridled growth

Everyone loves to come here because of the lack of rules and regulations. Well this is what happens without rules, regulations, or any planning

And it can only get worse. So your question of the future is: same same but different

• Like 1

I live between third road and soi buakhao and have the same problem especially during the day. Had a big storage tank installed which tops up overnight when the flow comes back, so its not really an issue now.

It is a concern though that if they cannot handle it now whats it going to be like when all the new condos and hotels go up.

Individually, a storage tank is the easiest way of dealing with this. Ultimately, it's the poor infrastructure which is to blame. Again this could be dealt with by developers/hotels installing large storage tanks on the roofs of their buildings.

Hmm I don't think that will work. If all buildings have large storage tanks there won't be enough water to fill them at night. Just to many people wanting water and water company can only pump so much water in a 24 hour period.

The problem of poor water supply to your area has been well known for years. You should have researched the area before buying or renting in the area...best to get out and buy/rent on the darkside, which is near the water reservoir and pumping station.

I checked this and any matters BEFORE i bought the house about 3 years ago. So I dont know what you are talking about. I also donot like to live on the darkside.

Individually, a storage tank is the easiest way of dealing with this. Ultimately, it's the poor infrastructure which is to blame. Again this could be dealt with by developers/hotels installing large storage tanks on the roofs of their buildings.

I have TWO storage tanks, but they are both empty, because there is no waterflow here in the TW Palm Resort for more than a week. This is a project from Rattanakorn, but they donot want or can give any assistance at all in this.

is this another sign the pattaya property bubble has gone too far? i mean, who would buy property in a place that can't even provide basic services?

The lack of, or intermittent provision of govt. water in Pattaya is nothing new, been like that the last 15 years anyway.

is this another sign the pattaya property bubble has gone too far? i mean, who would buy property in a place that can't even provide basic services?

You are absolutely right. If a city cannot even supply enough water what kind of a city management is that. Believe me, it will get worser and worser here in Pattaya. Traffic jams, double parking, many accidents, no water, electricity cuts, very slow internet, and rasing prices and Thai bath.

I live between third road and soi buakhao and have the same problem especially during the day. Had a big storage tank installed which tops up overnight when the flow comes back, so its not really an issue now.

It is a concern though that if they cannot handle it now whats it going to be like when all the new condos and hotels go up.

This is what you get when you have unbridled growth

Everyone loves to come here because of the lack of rules and regulations. Well this is what happens without rules, regulations, or any planning

And it can only get worse. So your question of the future is: same same but different

change that to same same but worser

I live in a village on Thepprasit Soi 8 and the water supply here has been sporadic for a fortnight. There seems to be a very limited or zero water supply during the day, but it comes back again in the evening, at least sufficiently to fill my underground water tank. Given that they are currently building seven blocks of condos and a development of new town houses just down the road, I don't see the situation improving unless they install a new supply line. Last year when all the Bangkok flood refugees descended on the town, they had to jack the supply pressure here up so much that the mains broke in four places. That meant we were without water for several months while they fixed it. So I assume that they can't increase the line pressure any more, and will have to lay a new pipeline to supply the new developments. Of course, I may be dreaming there...

• 2 weeks later...

The problem of poor water supply to your area has been well known for years. You should have researched the area before buying or renting in the area...best to get out and buy/rent on the darkside, which is near the water reservoir and pumping station.

I checked this and any matters BEFORE i bought the house about 3 years ago. So I dont know what you are talking about. I also donot like to live on the darkside.

Must not have checked very well...me and none of my long-term resident friends would ever buy/rent anything beyond the north side of the Pattaya/Jomtien Buddha mountain.

Fine by me...live with your unflushed toilets then...doesn't bother me a wit.

There is plenty of water supply in Thailand, just problems with storage and distribution. This is true in all developing countries of the world. Long-termers know all this and how to deal with it...newbies just see the shiny condo and housing estate brochures and just assume utilities must be just like back home.