Night Shots, Outdoor In Thailand

Kan Win

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Chonburiram This was my first attempt at astrophotography. This image is a made from a single exposure taken at 22:54:51 last night, four and a half hours after sunset: 24mm - f/2.0 - ISO2500, 14 seconds. What you are seeing on the horizon is light pollution from the city of Chiang Rai, some 40km distant, which goes to show just how far away from the cities you need to go to to avoid light pollution entirely.

The image has not been manipulated or composited in Photoshop or any other image manipulation software. It hasn't even been cropped ... that's the full frame! It was shot RAW and has been adjusted in Lightroom only. I've sent the original RAW file to one of the forum moderators, who I think will be happy to confirm its authenticity for you.

The beautiful image that tangaroa67 (post #615) is 100% authentic!

It is always better to ask before making assumptions about another persons work,preferably via a PM.

Not a friend of PM's.

tangaroa67, no need to verify your pic, I believe what you say.

For a "Night shot" it just looked odd.

Some good pics here: [url=http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/659495-space-and-star-photos/]

The horizon is still too bright, to see the stars like in your picture.

Nice shot, anyway.

The brightness on the horizon is very normal for night shots like this taken in urban areas. The brightness you see is the light that emanates from the city proper in the distant background. With long exposures, these urban lights will produce brightness on the horizon.

Archived