Looking For Machine Screws, Nuts, Locknuts And Washers

Pakaty

I would perfer stainless steel but will settle for lower grade if I have to. I'll go check at HomePro but I want have a back up plan if I don't find the sizes I need. I checked at one of the marine supply stores for stainless bolts but they did not have the sizes I needed. The local hardware shops where I am don't have what I need, in stainless or otherwise. The hard ones to find are the round/panhead machine screws long but small diamerter. About 1/8" X 4.5" or 3 ml X 11.5 cm.

I would appreciate suggestions for stores with a good selection nuts and bolts.

Thank You.

1. Surapol opposite boat lagoon - Marine Chandlers.

2. G.C Huat Phuket Town - Park across the road in Phuket Garden hotel 10baht.

3. Bangkok Hardware - coming from boat lagoon head south, take a right a Toyota then left at Tesco. 50m before the right turn towards Bangkok Phuket Hospital on the left. They usually have off road parking as well.

Forget HomePro - waste of time for nuts and bolts.

I know one store in Phuket Town that has a good range of nuts n bolts, but not sure about stainless. Coming out of the water cannon circle, one way road heading north to Ratsada Road. 177 Yaowarad Road 7°53'15.57"N 98°23'14.57"E

If they don't have what you want I'm sure they will know where you should look.

I know one store in Phuket Town that has a good range of nuts n bolts, but not sure about stainless. Coming out of the water cannon circle, one way road heading north to Ratsada Road. 177 Yaowarad Road 7°53'15.57"N 98°23'14.57"E

Now I'm confused. biggrin.png

Ratsada is an east -> west road that joins the "water cannon circle" (Nam Pu circle) at its most westerly end.

Do you mean heading north from Ratsada?

Ratsada is an east -> west road that joins the "water cannon circle" (Nam Pu circle) at its most westerly end.

Oh dear ... maybe I should have checked Google Earth for exact compass reference.. For me, with reference to that circle, taking the exit towards Kathu would be going West, taking the exit going towards the airport would be North, taking the one way route into the circle would be from the East. Just saying ...

Ratsada is a district, from Tesco Lotus at Bypass road direction east to Koh Sirae, up north to around Supercheap, and west to the Daihatsu on Bypassroad

wink.png

Edited by noob7

Ratsada is a district, from Tesco Lotus at Bypass road direction east to Koh Sirae, up north to around Supercheap, and west to the Daihatsu on Bypassroad

wink.png

OK smartarse! tongue.png You know we were both talking about Ratsada Road! rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Oh dear ... maybe I should have checked Google Earth for exact compass reference.. For me, with reference to that circle, taking the exit towards Kathu would be going West, taking the exit going towards the airport would be North, taking the one way route into the circle would be from the East. Just saying ...

All of which is perfectly correct. biggrin.png

ok; best place i have found.

Coming from Kathu on the by pass road heading to the BIG lotus,

come to the traffic light, left takes you to the bypass road to the airport, right takes u to central.

GO STRAIGHT, pass the chinese temple an before the traffic lihgt u will see a shop on ur left right after the turn to the butterfly garden,

Carries the lasrgest supply of nuts an bolts on the island!!!!

come to the traffic light, left takes you to the bypass road to the airport, right takes u to central.

GO STRAIGHT, pass the chinese temple an before the traffic lihgt u will see a shop on ur left right after the turn to the butterfly garden,

But you know, Phuket has google streetview? wink.png

Edited by noob7

See post #2.

See post #2.

OK; so; i posted from another direction. Hope u can forgive me

See post #2.

I don't mind at all, both directions were very clear to me, much clearer than streetview can be.

Edited by stevenl

See post #2.

I don't mind at all, both directions were very clear to me, much clearer than streetview can be.

That is a very interesting point of view.

Have you ever tried, to go from the streetview back to the map view?

Besides, that seeing the right shop on a photo may help, not to drive around, blindfolded, and trying to locate it yourself.

That is a very interesting point of view.

Have you ever tried, to go from the streetview back to the map view?

Besides, that seeing the right shop on a photo may help, not to drive around, blindfolded, and trying to locate it yourself.

I simply find an explanation like this, or the one in post number 2, much easier to follow than any of Google's views. I even find a classic map easier than any of Google's maps.

But you know, Phuket has google streetview? wink.png

The shop is called Bangkok Hardware Samkong Phuket: http://bangkokhardware.com/

(It says so just above the Captain Paint advert.)

post-35489-0-05134500-1359119756.jpg

post-35489-0-05134500-1359119756_thumb.j

I simply find an explanation like this, or the one in post number 2, much easier to follow than any of Google's views. I even find a classic map easier than any of Google's maps.

And I simply find an explanation like this or the one in post number 2, plus a picture like above (even if the view is from the wrong side whistling.gif ) or a street view link, with the picture plus the option to watch the location in map or satellite mode, much easier to follow to the last step: Parking in front of the right shop, without searching for it.

Much simpler for everyone, not familiar with the area, the description is leading to, much simpler, for everyone, who is not be able, to read Thai, or who not wanna follow the '200m from xyz' description for 1 or 2 km.giggle.gif

But maybe that's only me, who like to know in forehand as much as possible, where he's to go.

coffee1.gif

Edited by noob7