Russian Busker On Walking Street

TheWalkingMan

I was out and about roaming around Walking Street last night and saw a group of Russians in a semi-circle. I thought it was odd as usually you will see various nationalities watching something going on. Anyway, I took a look and this is what I saw in front of Rasputin's:

post-38575-0-24071000-1359020906_thumb.j

He even had his guitar case open and collected cash.

And while walking past that big Hot Tuna place with the live band, it looked like they had a Russian babe singing. I am not sure if she just hopped on stage for a bit of fun or if she was part of the act but when I went by there later, the band appeared to be playing some Russian tune.

While standing in line waiting for the Baht Bus, earlier in the day, I overheard some guy complaining about the Russians taking up too much space and therefore making it harder to get a seat. rolleyes.gif

Like them or not, it looks like they are here to stay and will inject money into the economy. 7-11 must be seeing its liquor sales going through the roof.

"Like them or not, it looks like they are here to stay and will inject money into the economy. 7-11 must be seeing its liquor sales going through the roof"

Right on, selling lots of Vodka to Russians instead of that cheap Thong stuff to other foreigners.

"Like them or not, it looks like they are here to stay and will inject money into the economy. 7-11 must be seeing its liquor sales going through the roof"

Right on, selling lots of Vodka to Russians instead of that cheap Thong stuff to other foreigners.

Too late. The Russkies have discovered the cheap Thai whiskey.

Too late. The Russkies have discovered the cheap Thai whiskey.

No wonder they too act strange.

• Like 1

Check out the Walking Street area Friendship market every night. Line of Russkies buying cheap booze. Bless their hearts.

They like lining up on the street, it's in the their soul.

I remember Moscow 1975, they were lining up everywhere for anything.

The National Assembly is presently considering a bill to change the name of Pattaya to St. Pattayasburg in recognition of the changing demographics in the greater Pattaya area, and in recognition of the increasing difficultly to find a single person speaking English in Pattaya (or should I say St. Pattayasburg).

The National Assembly is presently considering a bill to change the name of Pattaya to St. Pattayasburg in recognition of the changing demographics in the greater Pattaya area, and in recognition of the increasing difficultly to find a single person speaking English in Pattaya (or should I say St. Pattayasburg).

Sounds like a good place to move from.

Which brings up an interesting question:

Has anyone ever seen a Russian doing a 90 day check at Jomtien Immigration ?

In general it would be interesting to know under what favorable conditions they come here in the first place. Like: U-Tapao Airport arraival instead of Swampi like everyone else.

Somebody might want to act as Sherlock Holmes. (Dating a russian waitress in an italian pizza joint, or if having any friends in Russia, asking them to go to the nearest travel-agency in Moscow and ask for conditions for a Pattaya-Holiday.)

After having found out: Post the results right here. Be assured, everyone (exept for russian-nationals) would be intersted in the "inner-workings" between russian tourists and Thai-Immigration.

Cheers.