Uk Ilr Problem

Hi me and my wife made a ILR application on October 25th 2012 we used the Manchester council settlement checking service and the officer there seemed very happy with our application and could see no issues with it at all.

We received a letter from UKBA on October 29th 2012 saying they have got our application and it will be passed onto a caseworker to to await consideration.

then the whole of November passed by with no payment being taken or a letter inviting my wife to take her biometric data, also during this time we had a problem with my bank account so on December 3rd 2012 we sent a updated payment page from the SET (M) application form.

Now on the settlement checking service receipt there is a section on notifying a change of circumstances and where to send in writing your changes.

The address on the receipt is as follows.

UK Border Agency

Department 14

PO Box 306

Liverpool

L70 1DX

I have also uploaded a pic of the settlement checking receipt.

This was sent by Royal Mail Recorded Special Delivery i still have the receipt to prove this and that it was delivered and signed for.

Todays date is now January 25th 2013 3 months since we sent our application and we still haven't had any payment been taken or even a letter saying they have received the updated payment page, its getting a bit worrying and every time i call the UKBA i just get some snotty person saying call back after 6 months and pretty much hanging up on me.

Should i carry on waiting for the 6 months to be up or is there a way for them to check our application hasn't been put to the bottom of the pile or something.

Thanks for any help and advice.

^ Frankly with the chaos the UKBA is in, as revealed in the chief inspector's review yesterday, with "unacceptable" backlogs:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21170495

I'd be pressing them regularly to ensure that your paperwork has not been 'lost' with many others. The fact that your payment hasn't yet been taken is a real concern in this regard.

Keep on at them, and good luck.

Hi,

I had a few issues with them when we changed address and when I called they told me, once the letter comes out to say they have your application then there is nothing at all they can do until the case working starts it, they couldn't even update my address so the biometrics letter went to my old house, even though I followed their online process.

I wouldn't worry too much as they have you application and they will soon ask you for the money when they realise you may not have paid!!

Not to put doubt in your mind but we had some issues with the biometrics too and my wife had to go 3 times to do them due to a system issue of theirs, what I did learn was someone checks up on applications. As soon as 6 months was up a lovely woman from Liverpool called and she explained her job was to look at all cases at 6 months old to see why they have not completed, she soon sorted it out for me and has the decision within 2 days of her phone call.

You wont get any joy out of the call centre before 6 months, I found them rude and unhelpful too. Unfortunately its a sit and wait game!

Andy