No 800 Baht To Airport Anymore

Baxer

I had a chat whit a guy at a taxi stand a few days ago, he told me the Pattaya Taxi organisation had them to stop the 800 Baht taxi to airport because it was illegal, and i guess he was right, because i no longer see any signs advertising the 800 Baht ride.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would not say illegal, but it does not cover their cost anymore...

I had a taxi meter from second road to airport on 6 Jan and (for whatever reason, since we had a fix price) he had the meter on and meter ended on 920 Baht plus 2x60 Baht (return) motorway fees... makes it over 1'000 Baht with meter turned on

So I assume they (taxi mafia) has decided that 1'000 Baht is the minumum they want... and why should anybody who wants to stay in business decline the chance to get a higher price???

the deiver would only get 500 baht on the trip, 300 going into the pocket of the taxi tout.. I've seen it myself last time I did order a taxi meter from the motosai taxi boss in my soi. It's all pure greed again

the deiver would only get 500 baht on the trip, 300 going into the pocket of the taxi tout.. I've seen it myself last time I did order a taxi meter from the motosai taxi boss in my soi. It's all pure greed again

Incorrect, taxi gets 600 not 500.

these are bkk taxi's who bring people to pattaya and sit around waiting for someone to go back to either airport or bkk.

reasonably safe day time, but would not rely early morning or late night, because if no car around no one will pick up up and the stool that booked it does not wake up early mornings or late nights, and will not run around trying to find a car

I operate a couple of Tour Desks in two hotels. It's quite true, the prices have simply gone up. No one can do 800thb any more. The minimum I can arrange (but only between 09:00 - 21:00) is 960thb including the motorway. Outside of these hours; +100-200thb.

your post does not really add up, only because its 800 for the taxi and customer pays the tolls, so 960 is pretty much the same as 800 only tolls charged upfront

Get the bus from Jomtien 134 baht. Just as comfortable with a/c leaves every 30 minutes.

Details about all options to the airport from pattaya please?

Buses, minvans and decent taxi services?

bell buses and another one from jomtien(do not recall the name) operate ONLY during certain hours, so if you arrive or depart early morning or late evening its not really an option.

PS. Used it once and never again, when the bus decided to wait for a group which was running late, so they held up bus full of people for almost 2 hours, could not care less that majority was going to miss their flights.

Not sure if its a normal practice, but never used it again

I operate a couple of Tour Desks in two hotels. It's quite true, the prices have simply gone up. No one can do 800thb any more. The minimum I can arrange (but only between 09:00 - 21:00) is 960thb including the motorway. Outside of these hours; +100-200thb.

your post does not really add up, only because its 800 for the taxi and customer pays the tolls, so 960 is pretty much the same as 800 only tolls charged upfront

Tolls must have gone up by 100% then.

Get the bus from Jomtien 134 baht. Just as comfortable with a/c leaves every 30 minutes.

Yeah and cart all your suitcases and hand luggage to the bus stop............

Certainly. I walk both ways to the bus station with all my luggage (40+kg on my last trip back). And if I didn't walk I would take a regular bahtbus.

• Like 1

bell buses and another one from jomtien(do not recall the name) operate ONLY during certain hours, so if you arrive or depart early morning or late evening its not really an option.

PS. Used it once and never again, when the bus decided to wait for a group which was running late, so they held up bus full of people for almost 2 hours, could not care less that majority was going to miss their flights.

i think there is a bus every hour why did you waith 2 hours?

• Like 1

they held the bus to wait for a group, kept saying 5 more mins

Tolls must have gone up by 100% then.

tolls are around 100-120, so what exactly are you talking about going up by 100%?

The Bell bus is every two hours, and stops completely in the early evening.

The regular bus (which is identical to the Bell bus service, apart from not including the final section in the minivan to/from your hotel/house) runs every hour until 9 or 10PM and always leaves on time. It costs 134B.

I have seen this myself- the driver only gets 500. But remember that the driver has just come, with a customer, from BKK, so 500 baht is better than going home without a fare.

Its been 800 for as long as I can remember and thats a couple decades, so if it has been raised to 1000 Baht nobody could possibly argue the point....??

No problems for me, but it is a bit funny that everyone stops the 800 Baht ride at the same time.

Its been 800 for as long as I can remember and thats a couple decades, so if it has been raised to 1000 Baht nobody could possibly argue the point....??

No problems for me, but it is a bit funny that everyone stops the 800 Baht ride at the same time.

Maybe so but where in the world can you travel 80 miles or so to Swampy for less than the equivalent of £20 !!