Motorbike 5 Year Test Certificate

Guderian

My trusty Honda Click is 5 years old in March. I understand that to renew the tax this year I will need a test certificate. I've read that you can only get the bike tested at certain garages (or motorbike shops) that are allowed to issue them. These can be identified by a blue sign with a yellow cogged wheel on it. Can anybody advise me where I can find one of these places, preferably in the South Pattaya/Jomtien area? For the last month I've been looking as I drive around, and I haven't spotted one yet.

(Maybe I should get my eyesight tested as well?)

I know I’ve seen at least one on Sukhumvit in Jomtien, but can’t remember the location.

There is one just before McDonald’s on Sukhumvit and another one close to the flyover to HWY 7, both on the west side of Sukhumvit.

Here is a better description of the second one, and this place seem to be used by quite a lot of posters here.

I usually drive out to the DLT by Regents and do it all at once, as these shops will require a day or two to get your paperwork ready.

I know I’ve seen at least one on Sukhumvit in Jomtien, but can’t remember the location.

There is one just before McDonald’s on Sukhumvit and another one close to the flyover to HWY 7, both on the west side of Sukhumvit.

Here is a better description of the second one, and this place seem to be used by quite a lot of posters here.

I usually drive out to the DLT by Regents and do it all at once, as these shops will require a day or two to get your paperwork ready.

Thanks for the info. When you say they require a day or two to get your paperwork ready, I only want the test certificate as I would like to renew the tax myself at Big C. Can't they just issue the test certificate on the spot?

Thanks for the info. When you say they require a day or two to get your paperwork ready, I only want the test certificate as I would like to renew the tax myself at Big C. Can't they just issue the test certificate on the spot?

Paperwork was related to them doing it all for you. As johng says, they will issue on the spot.

Used them for just the test certificate when the test station at the DLT was closed about a year ago.

Paperwork was related to them doing it all for you. As johng says, they will issue on the spot.

Used them for just the test certificate when the test station at the DLT was closed about a year ago.

That's what I'd assumed, thanks. Mityon on Thepprasit are just down the road from where I live and they will also do the whole package for around 900 Baht. I don't see much point in paying extra for the full package, though, when Big C on Sukhumvit is also not far away.

You mean bikes in Thailand are actually tested. It must be an easy test judging by the old wrecks that you see still driving around.

just had mine done at dlt regents school mot consists of checking the frame no against the log book thats it nowt else and for cars they toot the horn and check brakes work on a rolling road thats it nowt else again!

just had mine done at dlt regents school mot consists of checking the frame no against the log book thats it nowt else and for cars they toot the horn and check brakes work on a rolling road thats it nowt else again!

Gosh, so it's almost as rigorous and hard to pass as the driving test...