Portraits

fimgirl

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice to see someone still has time for the darkroom.

I used to spend more time in one then out. But I sold the last of my darkroom kit in 2003.

Little bit ashamed to admit that I elect an outside Lab for Dev and just scan the negs. Shameful I know but........................ !

I used to spend more time in one then out. But I sold the last of my darkroom kit in 2003.

Little bit ashamed to admit that I elect an outside Lab for Dev and just scan the negs. Shameful I know but........................ !

I understand completely. The reason I sold all my stuff is that the computer made it seem unnecessary. Still you are using film, and that is rare enough these days.

I understand completely. The reason I sold all my stuff is that the computer made it seem unnecessary. Still you are using film, and that is rare enough these days.

with Photoshop, you actually can do much more, it a more controlled manner. yet I see people with real chemical darkroom experience, they make a better sense in Photoshop, than people has only digital processing concept.

• Like 1

with Photoshop, you actually can do much more, it a more controlled manner. yet I see people with real chemical darkroom experience, they make a better sense in Photoshop, than people has only digital processing concept.

Agreed here, There's a lot you can do with images and computerisation these days:-

BEFORE

8417277480_5524e775ed_o.jpg

AFTER

8416182655_6052b879fa_o.jpg

although the b&w tones down the background a bit, for a non-Thai who doesn't understand the culture, the colour photo communicated the white powder

on face explicitly. the black and white didn't.

for example on the b&w, the white powder on the left side of the face, may mistaken as a highlight blur.