Canada Trv For Thai Wife

I have been visiting Thailand for 3 years and had the same Thai GF for 2 years. We are so good together we have decided to marry this coming February 14. I will be returning to Canada in late April or May 2013 for 6 months and I am hoping to take my new Thai wife with me. I know there are many hoops to jump through. I have been busy for months getting paperwork together. There are so many stories on how best to do this.

Factoids:

Met in Bangkok market - GF is a Thai chef (has certificate) - we live together in Phen for 2 years (will marry in February 2013) - She has a 5 year old daughter (who will stay in Thailand) - GF has 3 chanote land titles in her name - presently working family farm - in good health - no criminal record - no "bad" jobs record -

I am retired / rental property manager - spend 6 months in Canada and 6 months in Thailand every year for the past 5 years - plan to return to Thailand in late October 2013.

Can anyone chime in with any helpful information to perhaps shortcut or give us more of a chance to be successful in this TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) bid?

Well, we're now married! Would it be beneficial to my quest for a TRV for me to convert to a "Married Visa". This would, at least, show of my intent to return to Thailand (as I have been doing for so many years). Is it better to apply for a PRV and then while waiting for that, apply for a TRV? Does anyone out there in Thai Visa land have any helpful input? I'm getting desperate for some direction.

PS: What's "bump"?

Dear Member, Being certified ICCRC Immigration Counsel, I can surely help you in this matter. I will be in Bangkok on Feb 22nd to meet my Canadian Clients married to Thai. Meanwhile, Please fill the information on our website: http://www.servicelinks.ca/page/visitor-visa and apply for free assessment for her TRV visa. Cheers !!!!

no real short cuts...just make sure you fill in all the forms ...

When first applied for TRV for my GF I phoned Embassy in BKK and asked.....was told to supply as much documented info ( copies, photos etc) as possible ie re job , land, house ...essentially as much stuff as possible to convince Canadian immigration that she would leave Canada and return to Thailand.

Go to web site and read all you can....it is a slog through all the forms but not that hard . Hope you have a good printer...lol

Just applied for and received wife's visa last month ...came back within 10 days! (BKK)

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/thailand-thailande/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Also, being certified ICCRC Immigration Counsel, I can surely help you in this matter. I will be in Bangkok on Feb 22nd to meet my Canadian Clients married to Thai. Meanwhile, Please fill the information on our website: http://www.servicelinks.ca/page/visitor-visa and apply for free assessment for her TRV visa. Cheers !!!!

Getting a TRV is quite simple. The main thing is to show the Cdn embassy people that she will return to Thailand.

Having property, family and job will show that she has ties to Thailand. Also bank account showing she gas money to spend in Cda. For your part you simply need to show that in Cda you will be with her providing her with room and board. All of this can be in a letter detailing the purpose of her visit.

TRV or PRV? Different rules apply. PRV means she wants to eventually be a Canadian citizen. So the requirements are tougher and the process will take longer. Another drawback of the PRV is the time she is allowed outside of Cda until she gets her citizenship. She will only be allowed to be outside Cda a maximum of 2yrs out of 5 and (not sure) a maximum of 6 months per exit. If it's more then this she will be stripped of her PRV and reapplying again will be difficult. So unless she wants to relocate to Cda and be more or less stuck there for 3-4years (until she gets citizenship), go with the TRV.

Edited by mmushr00m

TRV Visa is simple but tricy in nature.I have experienced many time where my clients have ample financials but refused. I used IRPA regulations and Case laws all the time to make sure that my client gets the visa at the end of the day. Cheers !!

We ask for TRV visa for my wife in nov. 2012... She did not had any tie to Thailand.... She did not have

financial tie, nor real estate or a job... only her family.... we simply filled the forms from the Canadian immigration web site and gave them the papers we already sent for PRV visa in 2011... She did not go threw any interview. We just went back to the embassy 4 days later and got her TRV for 1 year. So I am a little bit confuse about what I see or I hear from others who applied for TRV,even from those who seem to put forward their expertise... Like somebody told before... You read the guide available from the Canadian immigration office that help you to fill the forms,it is really well done... and there you go... I don't think you need a expert to do it... just take the time to do it well...

A TRV can be quite difficult to get. As said above, the most important thing is that immigration believes she will come back to Thailand at the end. If she has land titles in her name, a job to come back to, etc that should be sufficient. As for PR status, it's only 730 days (2 years) out of 5 she needs to be in Canada and there is no maximum time limit to be outside Canada. If you are going back and forth every 6 months then it's not a problem. The only advantage really to applying for citizenship is the Canadian passport making it easier for her to travel, or if you are planning to be outside the country for more than 3 years (there are exceptions to this rule, but I don't know what they would be). I'd say apply for a PRV as soon as you can because it may take a while (or not, my husband's only took 3 months, but that was several years ago) and in the short term apply for the TRV, but make sure they know there is a PRV application being processed. Good luck!

Yes. Member (Viruta57) got the visa for his wife as PRV was applied already in 2011 and when first stage approval is in your hand, TRV of one year is the right of the sponsor and visa officer has to rule out the dual intent and finacial clause under IRPA act of Canada. I strongly encourage my clients to ge thea approval from CPC Mississaga before apply TRV.

• 1 month later...

I am looking into applying for a TRV for my Thai girlfriend of 18 mths. She is in Rawaii, I am now in Canada.

We have travel together to Malaysia & Bali together. I would like her to visit Canada

I have a few questions if any1 can help?

- is a trip to BKK required for application/approval?

- any info on if they ask for interview?

she speaks really good english but soso read & write

- is return ticket a requirement on application? what is waiting period / how do they decide length of TRV?

I would like 6 months/ yr & she could visit 2 times, 1 summer 1 winter!

I am looking into applying for a TRV for my Thai girlfriend of 18 mths. She is in Rawaii, I am now in Canada.

We have travel together to Malaysia & Bali together. I would like her to visit Canada

I have a few questions if any1 can help?

- is a trip to BKK required for application/approval?

- any info on if they ask for interview?

she speaks really good english but soso read & write

- is return ticket a requirement on application? what is waiting period / how do they decide length of TRV?

I would like 6 months/ yr & she could visit 2 times, 1 summer 1 winter!

i might be a bit different because I am an American living in Canada

my wife now has a work permit but she came to Canada on 3 seperate tourist visas, all were 6 months long and single entry

also, i see that it is very easy for Canadian citizens to get their wife PR once they actually living in Canada