How Thaksin Rules Thailand With Skype And Instant Messenger

george

< ADDITIONAL FLAMING SNIPPED >

someone who believes the Thai people who voted in the last government are in some sense supporters of violence.

I don't believe that and I didn't say that.

What I did post was that some of those people, AKA "Particularly", who were dissatisfied with the previous government showed that dissatisfaction with violence.

15,744,190 Thais voted for the current government. Don't distort my post by implying that I was saying there were 15,744,190 violent Thais.

Also, please refrain from further derogatory name-calling.

• Like 1

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

someone who believes the Thai people who voted in the last government are in some sense supporters of violence.

What I did post was that some of those people, AKA "Particularly", who were dissatisfied with the previous government showed that dissatisfaction with violence.

15,744,190 Thais voted for the current government. Don't distort my post by implying that I was saying there were 15,744,190 violent Thais.

Your comments were very clear and your backtracking doesn't change them.Please bear in mind forum rules forbidding insulting language about Thailand and its people.Thank you

Your comments were very clear and your backtracking doesn't change them.Please bear in mind forum rules forbidding insulting language about Thailand and its people.Thank you

Highlighting your distortion of my post is not backtracking.

The only people I mentioned were those particular Thai voters who were violent.

If you are going to cite forum rules, please begin to conform your posts to Rule Number One.

Beyond that, we're done.

No need to stay on for another of your bickering sessions.

Edited by Buchholz

Frankly there is no other word but "deranged" that can apply to someone who believes the Thai people who voted in the last government are in some sense supporters of violence.Not only is this slur on Thailand a breach of forum rules but an insult to the victims of 2010.

Maybe not supporters of, but just condoning violence. Except in case of k. 'kill me some' Abhisit of course. Amnesty for all who we label as political activists (protesters, grenade lobbers and the like). We only voted for democracy and don't you dare to think differently. Anyone against us must clearly and obviously be against unelected elite like ... uhm ... uhm ... Please, what was your question or statement again ?

Edited by rubl

LOL I was thinking it's easier to run a country by proxy than from the hot seat. Maybe this is why Thailand is doing OK right now.

Right - Thaksin is too far away to answer questions, and Yingluk can't.

OK is a relative term. I suppose it's better to drown in rice and debt than floodwater.

OK then, what's your assessment of the current state of affairs compared to any other time over the past few decades.

It has been more peaceful over the last 18 months. Surely that counts for something in a country renowned for military coups.

Peace in our time? (as arranged by PM Chamberlain). Those who were paying for and inciting the violence are now members of the government, some of them only because they were willing to incite violence on command, and whose court cases are being delayed by that reward.

Appeasement doesn't work then or now.

Yet the article does not tell the world that he is wanted for more criminale cases not brought by the coup makers.. If your gonna write an article atleast tell the whole truth

Yes, most of the foreign press seems to leave that small detail out. Not surprising.

From the article:

"A highly politicized case initiated by the coup makers"

I guess newspapers don't research their articles these days.

Nahhhh. Ya' THINK!? (Sheesh.) Between lack of research, lack of journalistic integrity, and obvious in-your-face bias, I can't believe anyone uses newspapers for anything but fish wrap anymore. And even that's something of an insult to the fish, if you ask me.

The thing I cannot understand is why he fled the country when he did. He had a short prison sentence to serve and it's not like he would have been doing hard time, he had enough influence that he would have had a comfortable time in prison for a year or two and then he would have been free. That's if he ever had to set foot in a prison in the first place.

Instead, he runs away and lives the life of a fugitive. At least if he stayed he would have been seen as a martyr by his supporters.

The thing I cannot understand is why he fled the country when he did. He had a short prison sentence to serve and it's not like he would have been doing hard time, he had enough influence that he would have had a comfortable time in prison for a year or two and then he would have been free. That's if he ever had to set foot in a prison in the first place.

Instead, he runs away and lives the life of a fugitive. At least if he stayed he would have been seen as a martyr by his supporters.

But he would then have been unable to dodge all the other cases, which are now on-hold, due to his being unable to attend court. wink.png

• Like 1

But he would then have been unable to dodge all the other cases, which are now on-hold, due to his being unable to attend court. wink.png

Additionally, Thaksin has repeated countless times that he never did anything wrong and that he would not return until he was completely exonerated of that charge and all others.

Someone like that isn't going to ever submissively admit guilt, bide his time in prison, and then move on.

Since his first proxy, Samak, and subsequently Somchai, and Yingluck... he's had the expectation that someway, somehow, he could make his way back here without anything hanging over his head.

As a testament to the three screw-ups incompetence, that hasn't happened yet, years and countless efforts later.

Edited by Buchholz

So whats his skype tag then? Already tried without success 'manontherun', 'catchmeifyoucan', 'imleavingonajetplane', 'shoveitwherethesundoesntshinethailandiamgoingtoemptyyourtreasury". Maybe i should try something simpler?

Skype lists two accounts for Thaksin Shinawatra.

thaksiniive

thaksin.shinawatra