Schools In Rangsit Area

Yooyung

Hello all

I am moving back to Thailand after studying in Aus for 3 years. We will be moving back to the Rangsit area, which is near where my in laws live. I have lived in the area before and know it pretty well, I am also familiar with a few of the schools in the area. My son was 2 1/2 when we came back here and really only spoke Thai, now its 98% English. My wife is a teacher and is going back to the school that she worked at before. Its a decent private school and I have a loose plan to have my son attend it for the first term/ year to help smooth things out for him. Its going to be a bit of a shock for him but he has a lot of family that love him a lot not far away, and two parents that will be observing/guiding his progress very closely. He has been learning the Thai alphabet with his mum and does understand a lot of day to day Thai, though speaks less.

Anyway, if there are any parents out there that have kids in that area, what have you found in the way of schooling? I CANNOT, at least at the moment afford million baht per year international schools, that probably wont change. I will however have the money for private schools, most of which seem to run at about 20,000 to possibly 60,000 per term. One school that an acquintance has their son attending is AIT international school, its part of the uni. It looks ok, but I will have to check it out in person. They are happy with it, and knowing the type of person that they are,it holds some weight in my mind. As for other schools though, there is Sarasat......I went for a job there once and met a few of the teachers. I just dont know about that school, maybe its good for the kids but bad for the teachers (can that formula work?).

So, if there is anyone out there with some useful info I would much appreciate hearing it. The Rangsit area will be where we are, at least for the medium term.

Cheers