Long Validity Simcard

khman

Hi,

My wife only send 10-20 text messages by month. No calls.

I would like to buy her a simcard that has long credit validity time (and also not to loose the phone number)

So far she had AIS 12call but I had to top up very frequently just to keep validity... So she had big credit for nothing.

What simcard/operator should I buy her?

Also, I am on AIS 12call, if she goes to any other provider, will I be charged more texting her?

Thanks!

You have to think outside the box for 1. But i fail to see your problem...

I assume you are in your country? Or are you staying in Samui.

Also i understand from your OP you are loosing credit for no reason... Can you be more specific?

Edited by Dancealot

Ok good, will have a look.

Should I buy any DTAC prepaid simcard?

Do you know, if I text this DTAC from my 12call, if it will cost me more than from 12call to 12call?

Same for her texting me from her DTAC to my 12call.....

Thanks!

There have been a gazillion threads on this subject, and it has become a bit of a hot topic recently.

You should be able to find SIMs/plans which offer inter-provider (off-net) SMS for 1.07 baht each.

TrueMove do have the InterSIM which offers 365 days validity for a single to-up of as little as 10 baht. Be advised that TrueMove's concession ends in September, although most expect the NBTC to grant them "favored nation" status. ;)

DTAC/Happy do allow for extending validity; 2 baht/30 days

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/services/freeday.html

you may have to have a balance of 200 baht and/or be a customer for 90 days to avail yourself of this feature?

DTAC/Happy also have the Kong Kra Pun SIM which never epxires as long as you use it at least once every ~42 days (1,000 hours).

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/simkongkapan.html

TrueMove H have some SIMs which give another 60 days each time you use it for a call or text.

If you have AIS-One-2-Call you can give validity to your Wife - that sounds worse than I meant - http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/validity-transfer.html

SIM Cards have a basic amount of them at the time of purchase to increase validity you top up. So it does not matter what SIM Card you purchase.

Costs of SMS sending to different or the same provider are on the websites. Why not purchase 300baht top up then increase the validity of the top up. There is a topic here about increasing the validity and the code required, have a look and you might find it.

Both True, and Dtac have one year validity plans, although the per-minute charge goes up to bt2, and texts cost bt5. I'm sure if you call up AIS they also have a 1 year validity plan. It usually costs bt50 to change plans, but once you change to the one year plan, and the higher per-minute charge, you can not change back to any other plan on that number. I have two different phones with Dtac(Happy) numbers, and one True number on their 1 year plans.

Also, with True on a regular pre-pay plan, you can call *9344, and add 30 days to the validity for bt3, and do this for up to 6 months validity. AIS might have this feature also, as the major carriers all seem to have similar calling plans.

If you top-up dtac or ais with 5000 thb your sim card will be valid/active for 365 days.

wrong I extended my DTAC pay as u go validity for 365 days by paying just 40 baht and I just top up as needed....suggest u go to a DTAC office

You are correct but JakeBKK is correct as well.thumbsup.gif

If you top-up dtac or ais with 5000 thb your sim card will be valid/active for 365 days.

wrong I extended my DTAC pay as u go validity for 365 days by paying just 40 baht and I just top up as needed....suggest u go to a DTAC office

oops, i meant to say: 500 B instead 5k will do the job.tongue.png

oops, i meant to say: 500 B instead 5k will do the job.tongue.png

I think that they will all be forced to change to no expiry soon. That's what the NBTC are pushing for .

The telco's making quite a bit of revenue in this field. If you look at the fees & fares game in good old europe, i don't see it happening here pretty soon.

To give you an example:

Yesterday i called DTAC an complained about non - working service. They offered a week's worth internet (249 THB), and at the end of the sentence they said by accepting the offer it would void all claims.

So, i declined and within 30 seconds the could tell me how many times my 3G connection failed and refunded me xxxx THB for that..

Hi,

Thanks,

Just to let you know I just bought DATC 15/16 so text messages between my wife and me (our main usage) when I will switch to DTAC will be 0.16THB... Otherwise 1THB/sms which is good already.

About validity seems I can load 250THB and for 2b/month I can have more validity...

I will just check data packages for me before switching also to DTAC. Seems there is portability... (transfer number...)

Thanks!