Made In Thailand Pulsars

How do they compare in cost to Oz?

http://www.news.com.au/business/companies/nissan-pulsar-returns-to-australian-showrooms-today/story-fnda1bsz-1226563761295

Are they the same car?

I know the D-Max's sold in Thailand are not legal in Oz.

They had to have better brakes, the doors built differently with side impact protection that is not in the Thai sold ones, oh and heaters !!!!

What about these Nissans ?

763222-nissan-pulsar.jpg

Edited by Terry Newman

Australian market Pulsars are made in Thailand, but are different spec levels to what sells domestically (and different names too - the TH 4-door is called the Sylphy).

Major differences are:

Aust models have more safety kit (6 airbags vs 2, plus stability control).

Low and Mid-spec Aust models are available with MT (TH models are all CVT).

Lower model TH versions come with a 1.6L (all Aust models are 1.8L)

Model grades are totally different between the two countries (Aust has ST, ST-L and Ti, Thailand has E and V).

While you can't compare models exactly as the specs always differ slightly, I have noticed better equipped Ford Fiestas seem to sell for around 10% less in Australia than what I would consider to be their equivalent when sold in Thailand.

Are the Australian ones as ugly as the Thai version?

That's what TVPosters said when the BT50 was revealed, so the key to success is make what TVPs don't liketongue.png .

I never said they were a bad car, did I?

Other people have different tastes to mine. I didn't like the Tiida either, but there are plenty of Nissans that are very good cars.

Very sexy looking

post-63954-0-62903000-1359818789_thumb.p

Ultra sexy looking

post-63954-0-57238200-1359818891_thumb.p

The best orgasm ever!

post-63954-0-19687200-1359818946_thumb.p

That's what TVPosters said when the BT50 was revealed, so the key to success is make what TVPs don't liketongue.png .

Other people have different tastes to mine. I didn't like the Tiida either, but there are plenty of Nissans that are very good cars.

Very sexy looking

Ultra sexy looking

The best orgasm ever!

Your right you never said they were a bad car where did i post you did?.

Very sexy looking

Ultra sexy looking

The best orgasm ever!

Your right you never said they were a bad car where did i post you did?.

I though that's what you were inferring when you said the following: "so the key to success is make what TVPs don't liketongue.png "

Australian market Pulsars are made in Thailand, but are different spec levels to what sells domestically (and different names too - the TH 4-door is called the Sylphy).

Major differences are:

Aust models have more safety kit (6 airbags vs 2, plus stability control).

Low and Mid-spec Aust models are available with MT (TH models are all CVT).

Lower model TH versions come with a 1.6L (all Aust models are 1.8L)

Model grades are totally different between the two countries (Aust has ST, ST-L and Ti, Thailand has E and V).

I realize there are different standards met between Australia and LOS but I sure question the differences. Although I've admittedly never been to Australia, I'd bet I'd feel safer on the road driving there than in Thailand.

Is life valued more in Australia or is it that medical care is less expensive in LOS so safety features are considered a luxury item on a Thai car?

6 airbags in Australia and two on the same car in LOS? Airbags work and save lives and prevent more serious injuries. Looks like that takes a backseat to body kits, floor mats, and etc in the Land of Smiles.

Life is one decision after another.

Ultra sexy looking

OK but the price.......... How many of these Nissan's do you see on the road ? How many of the Audi do you see ? same sort of shape and cost 1.3 million less.. OK big engine -V- smaller Turbo charged engine..

Can never understand many car Companies, but we are talking about Nissan............. Nissan and Renault same same, so some parts of Asia the Almeara is also the Renault Scala same car, so why do they and other Companies not also do the same ? There are other not bad looking Renaults that would look fine with a Nissan badge.

Like why don't companies take say 25 car already in production in other parts to test the Thai market ? why start to build something here which may turn out to be a lemon. must be cheaper to import a few even selling at a loss to test the market.

This business of Thais don't like XYZ or would not buy, is daft if there is not even that option how do they know Thais would not buy ?

OK yes all Deawoo's in Thailand are called Chevy...........

They say anything with a Toyota badge on will sell, must be true as Thailand has the dullest and most drab cars here, other markets have some good looking nice interesting models

• 2 weeks later...