Just Seen A Schoolboy Get Stabbed. ...

ThailandNeil

what the hell is this country coming to...? Only this afternoon I was informed that a former work colleague a expat company director in Thailland s run off the road. his body was found outside in a ditch with a single stab wound to his neck.....Young man early 30s with a thai wife and young kids......shes devastated.....

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

In recent years stabbings have become almost daily occurrencies in the UK so why are people shocked when it happens in Thailand?

perhaps because a human being is dead or injured.

women get beaten every day all over the world too. That does not mean i have to be ok with it.

I am glad it does not bother you though.

Edited by candypants
  • Like 2

Shocking and sad. There seems to be some growing gang violence problems in Bangkok schools.

when you see the terrible lack of household discipline its hardly any wonder.... when they get older they lose face so quick and overeact is this way.... My dad would have clipped them a few times as they grew up to give them some discipline

• Like 2

In recent years stabbings have become almost daily occurrencies in the UK so why are people shocked when it happens in Thailand?

not been back to the UK for many years so this is new to me

Ye[ it's true. Shootings all over the country. Even the likes of Oxford Street, Europe's busiest shopping street, gang members stab and shoot themselves silly.

It's easy to become de-sensitized to it here when it's commonplace in one's homeland

Ye[ it's true. Shootings all over the country. Even the likes of Oxford Street, Europe's busiest shopping street, gang members stab and shoot themselves silly.

It's easy to become de-sensitized to it here when it's commonplace in one's homeland

Ive seen someone get stabbed or should i say slashed about 20 times with a stanley knife i didn't actually know he was being slashed until he got up and his face was falling off.

No matter how many times i were to witness something like that i'd never get de-sensitised.

Edited by Thailand1977

Ive seen someone get stabbed or should i say slashed about 20 times with a stanley knife i didn't actually know he was being slashed until he got up and his face was falling off.

No matter how many times i were to witness something like that i'd never get de-sensitised.

these low life havent got what it takes to go hand to hand...have to revert to weapons....shame someone didnt snap the assailants neck like a carrot

• Like 1

This isn't a criticism of Thailand, the Original Poster was just sharing with us something gruesome he had witnessed at his city of residence.

Because the authorities have assured us that Thailand is safe and crime is infrequent?

you are better than that. silly thing to say.

Rubbish. Absolute falsehood. There is no evidence to support your assertion.

I am fed up with the whinging about a surge in violence in the UK, when the exact opposite is occurrng.

The number of firearms offences recorded by police is at its lowest level this millennium. (In the UK) Last year 39 people died from gunshots, down from 96 a decade earlier. This is not just because of better medicine; the number of people entering hospital accident and emergency departments with gunshot wounds has also dropped, from 1,370 in 2003 to 972 last year.

Violence in general is dropping. But the fall in gun crime is especially steep The number of offences involving guns dropped by 16% last year, whereas the number of crimes involving knives (which have only been properly recorded since 2010) fell by just 5%. The biggest improvements have been in places where gun crime once seemed uncontrollable. In both Manchester, once nicknamed “Gunchester,” and Nottingham, gun crime has fallen by almost half since 2006.

http://www.economist.com/node/21559646

Thailand continues to be the Hub of gun violence in Asia.

Thailand has the highest gun murder rate in Asia, according to www.gunpolicy.org, a site hosted by the University of Sydney’s School of Public Health in Australia.

Homicide by any method is more likely in Thailand than in the UK.

http://www.gunpolicy.org//firearms/compare/183/number_of_homicides_any_method

Here's a reality check: As long as Thailand continues to be without a professional, reputable police force, and does not have a transparent judicial system who's integrity is not doubted, violent crime will continue unchecked. Thailand is dysfunctional.

thanks.... it is as I thought....exactly as you say

Rubbish. Absolute falsehood. There is no evidence to support your assertion.

I am fed up with the whinging about a surge in violence in the UK, when the exact opposite is occurrng.

Here's a reality check: As long as Thailand continues to be without a professional, reputable police force, and does not have a transparent judicial system who's integrity is not doubted, violent crime will continue unchecked. Thailand is dysfunctional.

Oh it's rubbish, is it? When was thet time you were there? Here, gramps. Take off your tinted glasses and have a read of this

In any inner city area you can think of in the UK, knife crime is an almost everyday feature in their existence.

Unlike others who rely on media reports designed to scare the public, I know having been born, raised and lived in one of the areas where assault with a weapon is rife. Sure, perhaps in the picturesque Cotswolds or sleepy Cornwall, incidents of this nature are few and far between.

If you want to put your faith in official crime statistics, that is your right but, on the ground in places like East & South London, Tottenham, Croydon, parts of Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool and many others, the police are overwhelmed by the sheer number of reported incidents of knife crime.

There are not many countries where bad things don't happen. Why would Thailand be any different?

Because it is the Land of Smiles, everybody is nam-jai, greng-jai, jai-jai, ju-jai, ju-ju-jai. rolleyes.gif

Of course the reality of most Thais being almost everything they think and speculate to not being has little to do with it.