A Warning To Malaysian Men: Be Wary Of Thai Marriages

webfact

The big issue raised by the Malaysian government is that some Malaysian people married outside Malaysia (men and women) arte not registering their marriage in Malaysia. As consequence, their Children are not properly registered, banned from public schools. The warning of the Malaysian government is mainly for underlining the Children issues.

go and read the Malaysian newspapers (The Star or New Straits Lines).

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Malaysian Muslim men have recently taken to journeying into southern Thailand in order to secure second, third or fourth wives"

...as well as second, third or fourth mothers in law

God forbid!!!!!

The 'Muslin' law sounds rather sound in a muslim culture....he seeks permission then must provide and I assume she has the same culture and faith.

Its a shame women can't do the same...but thats rather difficult in most cultures and faiths.

However, hats off to any man who can accommodate four wives and atleast one being Thai....mantalk...bigger eggs than me!

Edited by Kitbaikitmah

"Malaysian Muslim men have recently taken to journeying into southern Thailand in order to secure second, third or fourth wives"

You could not make up stuff like this.... Wonder how the Thai women are liking playing second fiddle to the Malaysian first wife...

Same I suppose as they like playing second fiddle with farangs in Thailand..... There is no shortage of women willing to play second or even third wife in Thailand... Most prefer that; as the men are probably their 6th and 7th fidlle to them........cheesy.gif Idiots.... Anything other than 1st is financially motivated and in a lot off cases even the first may fall in that category...coffee1.gif

You could not make up stuff like this.... Wonder how the Thai women are liking playing second fiddle to the Malaysian first wife...

Should read "Warning to Thai women, Muslim men will make you a mia, mia, mia noi!"

I'm assuming that the 2 of you are just ignorant of the fact that Southern Thailand has a massive Muslim population and, as part of Islam, a man is allowed to have as many as 4 wives.....

Ergo, the Thai woman will be well aware of the position she would hold within the family...

Remember, these woman are Muslim first, THEN Thai or Malay....

And talking of the religion of peace how many husbands can the woman have?. aint religion great eh?

Should read "Warning to Thai women, Muslim men will make you a mia, mia, mia noi!"

I'm assuming that the 2 of you are just ignorant of the fact that Southern Thailand has a massive Muslim population and, as part of Islam, a man is allowed to have as many as 4 wives.....

Ergo, the Thai woman will be well aware of the position she would hold within the family...

Quite true and not following the tenants of the religion of fear and opression has consequences, especially for the cattle also known as women.

Same way they feel about playing second fiddle to Thai or Farang Men.

God forbid!!!!!

4 sisters would be your best bet.

At least one of them an orphan.

Edited by DekDaeng

God forbid!!!!!

4 sisters would be your best bet.

At least one of them an orphan.

And at least 2 sets of identical twins. :lol:

This article isn't news at all. This practice of Malaysian men

marrying Thai ladies in the Southern Border provinces has

been going on for centuries. Interesting is the fact that the

Malaysian man's Malay wife may not know about his marriage

to a Thai lady whereas the Thai wife knows about the Malay wife.

Some of the old rail road workers in the US sometimes had several families- at different points on the route of course.

Lets see, Monday its Maybell in Memphis; Friday its Nancy in N'Orleans, lol!

Fatimah on Sunday!!!

Some men will never learn....The definition of bigamy is having one too many wives. A wise man knows that monogamy is exactly the same.clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Not always. A lot of the women in Islam are like trained pets. Islam is a religion of male superiority and many of the women thrive on it.

It bothers me here in Chiang Mai to see a Muslim women dressed head to toes in black while the temperature is in the high thirties around 100 degrees Fahrenheit and the man is dressed in shorts and a white shirt walking down the street with the wife following him.

Agree. I'd like to express my opinion on this matter but that would only show my prejudices which for political correctness reasons we are not meant to have.

I've read the NST article. It refers to the rural Siamese community in Northern Malaysia who have not registered their marriages in Malaysia.

I think it would be beneficial for these people to register their marriages as the Siamese people in Malaysia enjoy bumiputra status.

I'm assuming you're ignorant of the fact that the wife and potential additional wives must all be in agreement to the marriages. A man may indeed have 4 wives under Islam but all the wives must agree.

Some men will never learn....The definition of bigamy is having one too many wives. A wise man knows that monogamy is exactly the same.clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Not always. A lot of the women in Islam are like trained pets. Islam is a religion of male superiority and many of the women thrive on it.

It bothers me here in Chiang Mai to see a Muslim women dressed head to toes in black while the temperature is in the high thirties around 100 degrees Fahrenheit and the man is dressed in shorts and a white shirt walking down the street with the wife following him.

And how many muslim countries have you lived in? Maybe in rural Pakistan and Afghanistian where education of all is a couple of centuries behind. But completely different in UAE, KSA, Qatar etc.

You can't generalise on the muslim countries any more than you can on the so called christian ones. Is superstious Philipinnes the same as protestant Holland?

And how many muslim countries have you lived in? Maybe in rural Pakistan and Afghanistian where education of all is a couple of centuries behind. But completely different in UAE, KSA, Qatar etc.

You can't generalise on the muslim countries any more than you can on the so called christian ones. Is superstious Philipinnes the same as protestant Holland?

Is freewheeling Cambodia the same as anal Iran ? I will prescribe to neither .

Catholic Philippines and Protestant Holland / apples vs oranges ? But you're right : generalisation usually goes against a lot of facts.

In Oman which is pretty much a more forward thinking Muslim country..An Omani male will have a problem if he marries a non Omani woman When I was there in 97 a good lad I worked with (Omani) married a Malay girl but was forbidden to do so by his own govt...she has no rights and his wife and children have been refused citizenship or Omani passports...

He travels to Malaysia every month to see them but cannot bring them to Oman

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Bumieputra plan was to raise the level of local Malays to the Chinese-Malay level, the latter dominating the economy (not too different from Thailand). It has partially succeeded & has been watered down mainly because many Malays have had enough of it & the dominant political party.

I am aware of bumi policies.

...still apartheid-esque and tribalistic.

The big question is...Are the chinese and the Indians equally malaysian citizens or not?

If they are ,affirmative action policies are illegal, for obvious reasons.

If they aren't, this is also illegal by current 'civilized' standards.

....and since when do the succesful have to bail out the unsuccessful?

It's called capitalism and competition pal.

The malays heve to get their act straight and not rely on government chicanery to get ahead.

What a crazy question - are ethnic Chinese & Indians Manaysian citizens? Of course they are & the Bumiputra policy doesn't deny them any rights of citizenship. To classify it as Aparthied-esque shows little understand of what Aparthied was (& is) about.

The 'successful' are not bailing out anyone - the Government was & is trying to raise the economic standards of the poorer people, not reducing the standards of the rich. In different ways it is the aim of all developing countries to raise the welfare of the less well off & if that goes against capitalism then so be it.

Malaysia used to be a very nice / love country back in the 80s - 90s. Everyone loves malaysia (regardless if there are ethic chinese, indian or bumiputeras themselves). Today, Malaysia gone from bad to worst.

racism have turned out to be the "main" factor making Malaysia what she is today. Anyone that is born to a malaysian father or malaysian mother (she "must" give birth in Malaysia) would become a malaysian citizenship. However, msia citizenship "does not" have the same rights / privileges under the constitution (perlembagaan). Basically its divide and conquer concept that stated by msian longest serving prime minister - Mahathir - to protect his standing in politics - Malaysia have not change their government since 1957 (independent from British). All the constitution rights favor Bumiputera (which is mainly Malays Muslim) - ethnic chinese and indian will forever remain as second class citizen even if we can speak fluent Malay Language and sings the national anthem. there are seeing more and more "new" malaysian citizens are guaranteed bumiputera status by the government as long as they sworn to be faithful muslim. We see many indonesian, philippines, nepal, pakistan, bangladesh, sri lanka, southern thais (if they are native thai muslim, they are automatically recognized as bumiputera to malaysia government if they ever want to change citizenship) - have been imported as bumiputera with the pretext that these "new" citizen give their vote to the government parties which is UMNO. this is eventually help the government stay in power.

bumi and non-bumi have totally different prilivege , in housing, schooling, medical, business, family welfare, work. you see 1.5 million non bumi resides overseas.

the Government was & not anymore trying to raise the economic standards of the poorer people. There are cronies trying to pocket the citizen money with mega white elephant projects, useless stadiums, tax from imports good, Approve permit for foreign cars.. so far and so on. don't give me bullshit about helping the bumi make a living. Msia have been independence for what - 57 year. The children of the then bumiputeras have already grown up with enough education provided and start to have a fair living in the economics today. Well educated and know how to differentiate wrong from right, these bumis are no longer able to be controlled. There, the government import "new" bumi from countries i mentioned above - to keep voting for the government. the government would still have a reason to say that there are still helping the bumi. Come on - 57 years - we have helped them more than enough.

In every corner of Kuala Lumpur, you will see imported myanmar, nepal, bangladesh, sri lanka -- working as waiter/waitress (cheap labour). Waiting one day that they will be granted a blue malaysian ID.

Good to hear the reality from someone who lives it.

• 4 weeks later...

This doesn't even qualify as a legal marriage in Thailand. Why no malay birth certificate though?

That is the problem, it is not a legal marriage so it is not recognised by Malaysia. For that it would need to be a legal Thai marriage, for which one cannot be maried already.

Well said Mario, one of the brighter lights here

Isn't the marriage officiated under the Syaria Law though?

Sharia law, whether applied or not, does not override Thai Law in Thailand. If a person is already married, they cannot marry again, period.