Selling A Used Car In Phuket

taxin

Hope someone can help me here. Need to sell a 2nd hand car and looking for a quick sale, dont want to advertise privately such as Phuket Gazette.

Does anyone know of any used car sales places that will buy used cars ?

Cheers

They all buy cars.

Most money in my experience at the one next to Isuzu in Phuket Town.

Well, not exactly next to Isuzu. But close. I think steven is talking about http://www.suremotor.net

I bought two cars from them years ago, I was happy with those vehicles.

Yes, that's the one, across the street from Isuzu. They tend to only accept good cars, no previous accidents, etc.

Even Baht and sold, the online classified selling site within Thailand is a good idea, the other option is you give it to a Thai friend to sell, they will say they got half the asking price, pocketing the said half and then to take your eyes even more out ask for commission, in some cases the said friend can be a Thai GF, her brother, a geezer you've never met, if you have a phobia about using phones, use a bluetooth ear piece, it cool, sophisticated, the problem is you really can't tell the difference between a mass murder just mumbling and talking to himself and a trendy cool dude, dressed as though he's just come off a golf coarse, talking out load like a b*****d into the blue tooth, get it wrong your dead. coffee1.gif

Hi Taxin,

I am moving to Phuket tomorrow, and going to be actively looking for a used car in the next week. We were planning on checking out Sure Motors, but also interested in buying privately. We were thinking along the lines of a 3-5 year old Honda CRV....... please pm me!

Thanks but as I said I don't want to sell privately, don't really have the time and patience for all the phone calls and people coming round my house kicking the tires !

Brother/uncle/husband of thai GF sounds like a good option though, thanks for the tip !

Thanks but as I said I don't want to sell privately, don't really have the time and patience for all the phone calls and people coming round my house kicking the tires !

Brother/uncle/husband of thai GF sounds like a good option though, thanks for the tip !

So it seems like you are taking the p ....ss. Not interested in anyone calling you nor selling privately to someone who asked for a PM. Selling to a Thai relative topped it off though because they will really give you top dollar.

• Like 2

Hi Taxin,

I am moving to Phuket tomorrow, and going to be actively looking for a used car in the next week. We were planning on checking out Sure Motors, but also interested in buying privately. We were thinking along the lines of a 3-5 year old Honda CRV....... please pm me!

Sounds like you're better off dealing with someone else, Flying Cog.

By the way Honda engines have timing belts, not chains, so check how many KM on the car before you buy or you may be in for an expensive repair, especially if it breaks.

As many will know, second hand cars in Thailand in general and Phuket in particular are expensive, especially when compared to their original purchase price. I believe that what is happening at the moment is that the 100,000 rebate on new cars for 1st time buyers is distorting the second hand market, so for more recent used cars there isn't much of a market. Could be a good time to strike a deal on existing stagnant stock, but again check out the new prices of the model you're interested in.

As many will know, second hand cars in Thailand in general and Phuket in particular are expensive, especially when compared to their original purchase price. I believe that what is happening at the moment is that the 100,000 rebate on new cars for 1st time buyers is distorting the second hand market, so for more recent used cars there isn't much of a market. Could be a good time to strike a deal on existing stagnant stock, but again check out the new prices of the model you're interested in.

One would think that due to oversupply the price of 2nd hand cars should drop but it seems the Thai mindset of needing to get their original, expensive price is still in place. Except for one all my cars have been sold to Sure who did give me a better price than anyone else & the ease of doing it through them was always a good factor.

Relax Valentine, just joking back @ britpop. People having a go at me for not wanting to sell privately, despite me making it clear in my 1st post.. I didn't know I was starting a thread about what is the best way to sell a car..

Sorry flying clog, my reply wasnt intended to be directed at you, I'm sure you are not a tire kicker !

Thanks schlog, will look into that one. I don't recognize the road where the garage is, where in Phuket is the garage located ?