Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai Tour March 2013

HyperRai

I will start from Bangkok/Samut Prakan. No stress. 400 Km per day is enough for me. Speed 120 to 150 Km/h. Can join other riders on the way.

120 barely legal, 150 not legal anywhere in Thailand And if only 400 a day what do you do after 3 hours of riding ?

If I may suggest some nice routes to CM. Just before Tak go over to Mae Sot and up is nice route or Stop by the dam just noth of Tak for the night and hit 106 in Thoen up to Chaing Mai

As an added note, in three locations between BKK and CM the Highway police are now using speed radar. On guy hidden in the trees or on the side at a house and just around the bend . . .

Edited by JeffreyMcCollum

Yes, there is radar between Bkk and CM , but at 300 bht a time it doesn't hurt too much. I am not advocating unsafe driving, but there are lots of stretches where it is easy to find yourself sitting at a comfortable 120-130 kph along with the rest of the traffic - and you all get booked together....as I found out. At least there is not a different price for falang and Thai.

2 kms a minute, 500 - 600 km a day riding between 120 - 180 kmh is cool for me for less fatique when you arrive your destination therefore a good night with beer and girls:lol:

Of course i would overlook my 400km rule if the girls & beer were waiting :)

• Like 1

2 kms a minute, 500 - 600 km a day riding between 120 - 180 kmh is cool for me for less fatique when you arrive your destination therefore a good night with beer and girls:lol:

Of course i would overlook my 400km rule if the girls & beer were waiting smile.png

There are always girls and beer waiting. Just depends if you like the former hot and the latter cold or the other way round.

Of course i would overlook my 400km rule if the girls & beer were waiting smile.png

There are always girls and beer waiting. Just depends if you like the former hot and the latter cold or the other way round.

Both of them cold, please!:)

Been planning to set up a bike run with my mates - stay in touch - there are some of us who work out of country and trying to put together dates is sometimes difficult.

Where do you live ? - me and my mates are in Chonburi area and want to make a short run along the coastal raod to Cambodia border then head north along the border towards Issann.

The Chang Mai route is nice but too many days committment for most of my mates and myself included.

We are wanting to scout a really good route and get familiar with lodging and nite spots to share the info for other future bike runs - knowing the route - run times - food & lodging and generally what to expect.

Been planning to set up a bike run with my mates - stay in touch - there are some of us who work out of country and trying to put together dates is sometimes difficult.

Where do you live ? - me and my mates are in Chonburi area and want to make a short run along the coastal raod to Cambodia border then head north along the border towards Issann.

The Chang Mai route is nice but too many days committment for most of my mates and myself included.

We are wanting to scout a really good route and get familiar with lodging and nite spots to share the info for other future bike runs - knowing the route - run times - food & lodging and generally what to expect.

This is a rude plane, but we are flexible about duration and route. post-76064-0-22522000-1359901135_thumb.j

This is a rude plane, but we are flexible about duration and route. post-76064-0-22522000-1359901135_thumb.j

I live in Samut Prakan.

I live in Samut Prakan.

Please let me know when you are planning a trip. I also work many times out of the country and have the same problem like you, but would like to join when I have time. It is difficult to find mades for a trip. What bikes are ou riding?

There's some rough trip planning ideas for riding North Thailand on GT Rider, under tour options in the Thailand section, that may help you formulate a route.

THX for the info. My wife is familar with the area and I have a GPS on my bike.