Gypsies Old Place

jonwilly

Had lunch in Gypsies last restaurant on Rattmaka Rd.

Good food, large selection of both 'Western' and Thai food, we only had the western food.

Well cooked and served by pleasant staff although service was slow due to us following in two groups of four.

Big surprise was Mince and Mash an old favourite of mine and well up to the standard I expect of Mince & Tatties.

I tried some of the Schnitzel, far superior to the last one I had under Gypsies management.

I asked the waiter who is part of the management, if he knew anything about Gypsy.

To the best of his knowledge, Gypsy is still alive and living with a daughter in Chiang Mai.

I shall be dinning their again, good food, large selection and pleasant service at more then reasonable price.

john

Usual disclaimers from a man who enjoys good food.

I apologies for next comment

I cannot remember new name, Older Folk will understand a Senior Moment.

• Like 2

Yes, agree with the OP - it's great quality food at reasonable prices. I commented on their great full English brekkie about a month or so ago

Since then I have tried c=various other western dishes like bangers & mash, chilli con carne e.t.c and it's all been up to scratch.

I also understand that Gypsy is still here but not doing too great.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Information I had from the young guy operating the Old Gipsy restaurant presently with his Thai wife is that Gipsy had a stroke and had to sell the place. I can confirm that the food is quite good and he have kept some of Gipsy menu.

This was many months ago; Gipsy was found unconscious in his restaurant by a neighbor according to the story.

One of his daughter is supposed to take care of him but normally she live in England normally.

Last month one of my friend got a email from Gipsy confirming the stroke but he do not remember all on that day he had the stroke.