True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

They're advertising the EPL channels as HD but will it be 1080 or 720? I need to buy a new TV so I'm wondering whether to go for true HD (1080) or a cheaper 1024X768 (720) model.

Go for true HD mate, don't scrimp over a few baht, this is watching football you are talking about not some bloody thai soapy!

That's what I'm thinking but if CTH are not streaming true HD then it wouldn't make a difference.

So what do you think CTH are using facepalm.gif

I don't know, that's why I'm asking, but a lot of HD sport channels (like ESPN) are actually 720.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Live in Udon Thani and have previously an signing with some local cableTV in the city called Udon home cable tv.

Not so much to see..but

Now they offer to show this CTH channels including EPL. I have now signing for it...or to be more exact..my wife...

The cost should be 962 baht per month. An HD receiver should be installed by a man next week. I still dont know if some extra costs are shown up later, or how many year this arrangement is about.

Maybe somebody have more ..experience

I have tryed Truvision since many years back and payed about 2000 bht month... Gold pack, with some HD

Some True people called my wife. and offer her something who was "very unique" "You are one of very few, and got an "gift from us and only need to pay 1400 bht further on...

But think must cancel them all...

If you are being quoted B962 a month then that is the CTH standard pay monthly package (B899 + VAT @7%). You will either be charged one or two months rent up front, together with an installation fee (B534 inc VAT) and a refundable digibox deposit of B1,800 (not subject to vat). Sounds like you may be having a cable set-up? The installation and digibox charges I just summarised are for a satellite installation. Maybe different, maybe not; I don't know.

The installer may ask for a kilometers traveled contribution if you are located remotely from his/her base.

In Pattaya it costs a little bit more apparently (possibly on account of the free blow job that comes with switching providerstongue.png )

1,400 baht for Gold is so..ooh unique - it just happens to be the published price on the website! An <deleted> rip-off without Premier League football.

Good watching!

131 to 135 all have sound mate. 134 is English at the moment. And I think someone said the Charity shield is on one of the Thai free to air channels. Prob 3 or 7. My menu isn't showing at the moment to can't confirm this.

Living in banglamphu we've had nothing but trouble with our Platinum True TV package. 2200 per month to boot. And so we are cancelling it. The lady agent asked why, stated the poor service and loss of the premier league. Very surprising that they are not dropping their prices after losing such a big attraction.

Pat, yes audio for english not working yet. I have been assured it will be for next Saturday. The FIBA qualifiers had english commentary. So did the final of the Hong Kong Asia trophy, so don't panic. I've been informed we'll still be getting John Dykes and co. too. Charity shield on channel 7.

No english audio for me either, on the Stadium channels. As Bangkok Blue says, we did get English commentary for the Hong Kong matches, and I also get English commentary for the Dutch League matches, so we just have to wait and see what we get next week.

Pat, yes audio for english not working yet. I have been assured it will be for next Saturday. The FIBA qualifiers had english commentary. So did the final of the Hong Kong Asia trophy, so don't panic. I've been informed we'll still be getting John Dykes and co. too. Charity shield on channel 7.

Blue - To confirm, you have no sound at all,right?

I don't know how the EPL have done it. Price to screen EPL in my bar 2,500 baht. To show La Liga, which arguably has a superior product, on RS Sunbox, its 100 baht and Bundasleague, J League and Championship its 125 baht on GMZ. The EPL was boring last season and I am much more looking forward to seeing Messi, Ronaldo et al from Spain than I am the English matches. Bundasleague was a lot better and more entertaining too. How have EPL conned us all?

I don't know how the EPL have done it. Price to screen EPL in my bar 2,500 baht. To show La Liga, which arguably has a superior product, on RS Sunbox, its 100 baht and Bundasleague, J League and Championship its 125 baht on GMZ. The EPL was boring last season and I am much more looking forward to seeing Messi, Ronaldo et al from Spain than I am the English matches. Bundasleague was a lot better and more entertaining too. How have EPL conned us all?

Good luck in your bar not showing the premier league, i can see it being empty when the premier league is on.

• Like 1

Count yerself lucky, mate. Costs 600 pounds upward for sat TV in a UK pub! Greedy bastards.

Don't tell CTH.

Good luck in your bar not showing the premier league, i can see it being empty when the premier league is on.

I so have CTH installed already. But not really up for the new season. I've got 4 boxes now. CTH, True, Gmm and RS.

I wouldn't even know where to start with that post, but not sure how watching Madrid and Barca get bye's every week can turn you on.

• Like 1

I so have CTH installed already. But not really up for the new season. I've got 4 boxes now. CTH, True, Gmm and RS.

Good one mate, you really need the premier league to get customers in.

Nightshift 2.500 baht a month for your bar? is that correct(for any entertainment venue)...and legal with CTH .....not being a wise arse just looking for info for myself. Cheers.

Count yerself lucky, mate. Costs 600 pounds upward for sat TV in a UK pub! Greedy bastards.

Don't tell CTH.

Three years ago before I left UK for Asia I was paying 33 thousand pounds a year to Sky for sports pack for two bars in Liverpool total rip off.

"Watch English Premiere League On Demand and Online for 600 Baht"

When people first heard that CTH had beaten TrueVisions to buy the rights to the English Premiere League they were very excited. At long last there was an alternative to the True monopoly. But this joy was short lived...

Read More: http://www.richardbarrow.com/2013/08/watch-english-premiere-league-on-demand-and-online-for-600-baht/

When people first heard that CTH had beaten TrueVisions to buy the rights to the English Premiere League they were very excited. At long last there was an alternative to the True monopoly. But this joy was short lived...

Read More: http://www.richardbarrow.com/2013/08/watch-english-premiere-league-on-demand-and-online-for-600-baht/

Mine works fine and customer service, though slow to begin with, have proved their worth. A supervisor actually called my missus back to apologise for lack of English commentary.

• Like 1

Well CTH have 5 days to get the EPL sorted out.Still have no idea if we will get the other football panel shows we used to get on TRUE..... John Dykes, Curbishley, Burley etc True 101 had a nightly wrap up at 7pm which was excellent.If anyone can find out would be good to post here.

We had a phone call from CTH Bangkok Sat night for us to give them the bar code numbers underneath the set top box which the dealer should/would have given them.I thought TRUE were a shambles until CTH turned up.

Last I heard they were in talks with Laos star to broadcast via a terrestrial channel, but nothing confirmed since. Not a dicky bird about what is happening in Cambodia. I've got some friends there, so might find out this weekend. They nick the signal from Malaysia and Vietnam. So not as big a deal as it is here.

They are slowly but surely breaking an overpriced monopoly. No EPl, loads of customers gone.

Half the price for wot is important, as the user base grows, content will improve.

At the moment, CTH know only one thing is important.

Sure, When Saturday Comes, it will be good.

Last I heard they were in talks with Laos star to broadcast via a terrestrial channel, but nothing confirmed since. Not a dicky bird about what is happening in Cambodia. I've got some friends there, so might find out this weekend. They nick the signal from Malaysia and Vietnam. So not as big a deal as it is here.

Some football fans in Cambodia are Angry with Their TV Channel Provider that they don't brings any Channel for Broadcast EPL This season. Some people suggest Astro Supsport And Some people Suggest CTH Sport but no answer yet about TV channel Provider. I'm so Dizzy about EPL This season

I have just registered for this service as it seems to be a good alternative until CTH gets its act together. Even though it's pretty much untested as yet, for 600 baht a month it's worth the gamble.