Overstay And New Passport

hello,

if i have 5 month overstay, and after this 5 month i leave the country, pay the 20.000 baht, and come back 2 weeks later with a new passport that i order in my country, am i a persona non grata, or is everything ok?

also, can a do a visarun from phuket to ranong if my passport in not valid for 6 month anymore?

please do not advise me to order a new passport here in thailand, because this is at the moment not possible for me.

thank you,

steve

Maybe you should be deported and blacklisted.

No excuse to overstay. Especially that long.

But you say IF. You better do it now, why take the risk.

And if your pasport is no longer valid for at least 6 months, that adds another problem.

Solve it now. Otherwise you will be persona non grata soon. All by your own doing.

Edited by Khun Jean

If you make it out of the country and pay the fine on the way out you will have a nice big overstay stamp in your passport you will not be blacklisted............you will however most likely be deported and blacklisted if you get caught before the Immigration desk at the airport.

So in answer to your question if you obtain a new passport the overstay stamp will have no bearing on your return visit .

If i understand you correctly you are also asking if you can re-enter Thailand with a passport with less than 6 months validity.............answer is officially no, you must have at least 6 months validity on your passport beyond any intended stay.

All the above said as Khun Jean says there is no excuse for overstay.............either get it sorted now or don't do it if you are thinking about it.

hello,

if i have 5 month overstay, and after this 5 month i leave the country, pay the 20.000 baht, and come back 2 weeks later with a new passport that i order in my country, am i a persona non grata, or is everything ok?

We are speaking about 5 months overstay here, 150 days, you can't just be fined you'll be arrested!

200 X 150 = 30,000 baht and after March 500 X 150 = 75,000

hello,

We are speaking about 5 months overstay here, 150 days, you can't just be fined you'll be arrested!

200 X 150 = 30,000 baht and after March 500 X 150 = 75,000

I believe you will find that the maximum fine of ฿20,000 is not set to increase.

hello,

also, can a do a visarun from phuket to ranong if my passport in not valid for 6 month anymore?

please do not advise me to order a new passport here in thailand, because this is at the moment not possible for me.

thank you,

steve

could you enlighten me on why you would overstay that long. I'ts not that far to the border every 30 day's. :o

1. The max fine is 20,000 baht.

2. The 6 month validity of passport in Thailand is not enforced for most countries, as long as passport covers period of stay entry will normally be allowed (but I suspect they could require onward tickets to do so).

Worst case scenario: you are broke (can't pay the fine) and somehow gotta leave the country. I would walk across the border to Cambodia and make your way back home from there. Next time, consider getting the prepaid quaterly VISAs in your home country to avoid the hassle. And if the 2,000 Baht VISA runs are to expensive for you, check out the bus service to different destinations. Good luck!

Worst case scenario: you are broke (can't pay the fine) and somehow gotta leave the country. I would walk across the border to Cambodia and make your way back home from there.

How would you then leave Cambodia without an entry stamp?

If an overstay is logged on the immigration computer then it will appear each time they scan your PP, regardless of having a nice new PP not showing the overstay stamp...no?

The passport number will change with issuance of a new one (at least it does in the UK). Assuming that you have a british pp for that to happen it would require that the ukpa notify thai immigration of an issuance of a new passport detailing the old number and new number. I doubt very much if they would bother doing that.

What may happen is the DOB and name come out the same then it might match.

But then, immigration have never scanned my passport on the way out...they just look at it, stamp the exit date and give it back. They do scan the arrival/departure card though......

I'm curious to know why this isn't an option for you....? doing a visa run, paying the overstay (which you have to pay regardless of where you go) and getting a new passport here would surely be cheaper than a trip to your home country?