Yingluck Stresses She's Real Prime Minister

webfact

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crowd of kids gives up in disgust, and exits right-stage, shaking their heads. rolleyes.gif

So brilliantly accurate lol . . . that one needs to be posted in the Thai newspapers!

Thanks ! wai2.gif

On second-thoughts, perhaps the audience should have exited 'right-wing', rather than "right-stage" ? ! biggrin.png

• Like 1

Well guys, if you don't like her or the party she represents, vote her out in the next election. smile.png

I agree it's good to encourage people to discuss these matters with their Thai family, friends, and associates.

There are votes involved with those discussions.

thumbsup.gif

I fear that even the mobilization of the entire TV readership won't be enough to turn the tide of Thai public opinion, which appears to be that significantly more people don't mind this government than do mind it,

You've apparently misunderstand the intent of my post. One, it wasn't intended to lobby for one particular party or the other, but merely to show that people can discuss with voters to whichever persuasion they are so inclined.

And that those discussions can have an impact on Thai voters. It's certainly not my expectation that a few expats are going to influence the outcome of a political race involving millions of voters in a major way.

Frankly, it's rather amazing you would even consider that someone might have that as an objective. :blink:

I just wanted to point out to Banzai's bait, that non-voters can indirectly have a say, albeit certainly a small one in the big scheme of things, even though they can't directly vote themselves. I've experienced it myself.

BANGKOK, Jan 31 – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today categorically denied an international news report that her brother, ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra, controls the cabinet remotely from abroad via various telecommunications channels.

I wonder if she would categorically deny that her brother does not provide direction to her and her cabinet in any form ???

• Like 2

We all know from where this shit comming ! PM Yinluck you are the one and only to develop Thailand.

Another one who hasn't read the Op properly, let alone the 150-odd posts. You sound just like Thaksin's yes-men (& women).

Any one believing her is apt to also believe Elvis is flipping burgers in Bangkok.

There are a lot of gulable people in the world.

I remember that in Korea they used human faeces to fertilise the land, but to suggest that our PM employs such a method is sick, real sick. What's next, suggest she swallows coffee beans blink.png

BTW the last time there was a President of the USA whose first Government job was to be elected as President of the USA was former General Dwight D. Eisenhower, Supreme Commander of Allied forces in Europe during World War II.

Edited by JLCrab

BANGKOK, Jan 31 – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today categorically denied an international news report that her brother, ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra, controls the cabinet remotely from abroad via various telecommunications channels.

I wonder if she would categorically deny that her brother does not provide direction to her and her cabinet in any form ???

Of course she would. What's another whopper to her?
  • Like 1

FACT

• THE PEOPLE VOTE

• YINGLUCK WINS THE ELECTION.
  • YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN VOTE AND CHANGE IT.
  • END GAME
  • CHECK MATE
  • NEXT!!!wink.png

The people have voted, so please cease all comment until the next election. thumbsup.gif

As I understand it the people have voted the returns are in there will be no change.48% of the votes were for a Shinawata not sure which one in fact I can't even spell it. Mods feel free to spell it right.

52% of the people didn't want them. So who is in the PMs office. If the yellow shirts had of voted it would have been even a wider spread. But I doubt it would have made a difference in who is the PM.

Money talks in Thailand and if no one believes me just ask Thaksin.

BTW the last time there was a President of the USA whose first Government job was to be elected as President of the USA was former General Dwight D. Eisenhower, Supreme Commander of Allied forces in Europe during World War II.

Very similar to PM Yingluck indeed rolleyes.gif .

She professed an urge to serve May 2011 and within days Pheu Thai executives gave her the number one position on the party candidate list. 'Ike' only had 38 years of service before being elected as 34th President of the USA. Of course being in the military is not really the same as having a government job. What was it again, 'soldiers and dogs keep off the grass' ?blink.png

Here's a question for all of you "anything but Thaksin or anyone remotely connected to him" posters: Since you can't trust the election process, just how would you propose the government be selected? And how would you spin it to be anything close to democracy?

Well by the army of course, guided by various senior retired generals and other suitable people whose views matter. The best candidate for the job will be waiting quietly in the guest room in the Officers Mess until the dust has settled.

I expect he will have the best (English) education that money can buy, and will have spent most of his life in North East England.

No need whatsoever to be bothered by what the people want - they are either too stupid, or have been bought, or are insufficiently educated to understand such matters.

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1

Exactly - the "international observers" must have had their heads up their bum if they didn't see the rampant vote buying that always happens.

When the authorities made vote buying illegal, Mr T and his cronies simply made a promise to pay people AFTER the election by paying each village that voted for them a million baht... I remember that very clearly.... and it was very clearly vote buying because areas that did not support them got almost nothing or very reduced amounts in comparison... AND they were using the publics money (in the guise of "grants") to buy the votes too...!

As an anecdote, my GFs father is a pooyai, after the election he had to go into hiding because he couldn't "deliver" the village to the correct party, word was out that a hitman was looking for him.

I don't know, or think that, an international election monitor that is parachuted into the country will see much of such shenanigans that go on well before and after the actual election. There is much, much more than polling station fraud to taint an election.

I don't even know which party was the correct one in that story, the point being that simply and naively claiming that votes were cast, counted and a winner declared is very far from establishing a functional democratic system of government.

Not necessarily the one (party or person) winning a democratic election is also the most / best qualified.

Also voters need to be qualified to cast their votes. Unfortunately the lack of education and the lack of basic understanding of economics, make many voters choosing what appears to them the best. Populistic ideas, like tablets, rice scheme, tax cuts, minimum wage increase etc. Can win an election.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by StefanBBK
  • Like 1

Of course she would. What's another whopper to her?

You talk of what's another whopper to her. Is she working at Burger King. If she is does she have to get instructions from her brother on every order that comes in be they whoppers, fries or many of the other foods on offer.clap2.gif

• Like 1

I thought the Army was another department of the Government.

From what I have heard at that level there is a lot of politicking.

Here's a question for all of you "anything but Thaksin or anyone remotely connected to him" posters: Since you can't trust the election process, just how would you propose the government be selected? And how would you spin it to be anything close to democracy?

Well by the army of course, guided by various senior retired generals and other suitable people whose views matter. The best candidate for the job will be waiting quietly in the guest room in the Officers Mess until the dust has settled.

I expect he will have the best (English) education that money can buy, and will have spent most of his life in North East England.

No need whatsoever to be bothered by what the people want - they are either too stupid, or have been bought, or are insufficiently educated to understand such matters.

Actually I believe France elects the one with the most votes. They had an election and they could not get a clear mandate so they had another election with only the top two candidates in it and the one who got the most votes was the winner. Sorry I can not be more specific I didn't pay it much attention but it sure looked good to me.

Maybe some one out there can be more specific with the details.

Actually I believe France elects the one with the most votes. They had an election and they could not get a clear mandate so they had another election with only the top two candidates in it and the one who got the most votes was the winner. Sorry I can not be more specific I didn't pay it much attention but it sure looked good to me.

It's called ballotage or two round system, but it's meant for voting a president, you can't use that for electing a prime minister in a parliamentary system.

Having said that I highly doubt Yingluck would had been elected with such a system.

It's called ballotage or two round system, but it's meant for voting a president, you can't use that for electing a prime minister in a parliamentary system.

Having said that I highly doubt Yingluck would had been elected with such a system.

Thank you

You need to learn the reality that just because you state your opinion emphatically, it does not become fact.

And neither does your opinion become fact, nor my own . . . it's just an opinion, and ours differ wildly.

Thank you Tatsuijin. Gatorsoft needs to learn how to research facts, quiet easily done these days, before expressing his own opinions as if they are the facts and relying on trying to deny facts by repeatedly asking others to provide evidence. This is always the retort of the close minded.

There is a large amount of easily accessible information regarding the performance and behaviour of the current government.

You need to learn the reality that just because you state your opinion emphatically, it does not become fact.

And neither does your opinion become fact, nor my own . . . it's just an opinion, and ours differ wildly.

Thank you Tatsuijin. Gatorsoft needs to learn how to research facts, quiet easily done these days, before expressing his own opinions as if they are the facts and relying on trying to deny facts by repeatedly asking others to provide evidence. This is always the retort of the close minded.

There is a large amount of easily accessible information regarding the performance and behaviour of the current government.

Unfortunately it also requires an open and questioning mind, one that researches information on their own, one that is open to debate and one that can accept that what they "know" might not be correct.

Not many of that type here on TV it seems.

A valid point excepting the 'information' should be subjected to rather more scrutiny than it often is.....news publications are notorious for manipuating words and comment, often what they do not report is as crucial as that they do! Politicians are notorious for being selective in the information they provide. Let me ask you a few simple questions, who does Yingluck actually confide in? Is Yingluck actually in touch with some advisors more than others, in person, by phone, by skype? a PM takes advice and assistance in decision making from many quarters.....the anti government media, the opposition, all wish to assert the advice for the PM all originates from Thaksin.....and they offer little proof of this except for the fact she has chosen people in her government that previously supported Thaksin (should really be a no brainer as she has no history of her own supporters due to her short time in politics and in Thai politics you sure need people close that you can trust) also that surprise surprise she speaks to her brother, who is one of the only politicians in recent history to carry through a 4 year term as PM, now does it not make sense Yingluck wish to consult with an experienced poitician especially as he is her brother smile.png so it would appear Yinguck is doing no more or less than any sensible person in her position would do.......unless peope wish to make a big issue of the 'fact' that here brother was found guilty of financial irregularity and feel that nailing him to the cross of shame will somehow assist in their assault on Yingluck. Edited by 473geo