Yingluck Stresses She's Real Prime Minister

webfact

You need to learn the reality that just because you state your opinion emphatically, it does not become fact.

And neither does your opinion become fact, nor my own . . . it's just an opinion, and ours differ wildly.

Thank you Tatsuijin. Gatorsoft needs to learn how to research facts, quiet easily done these days, before expressing his own opinions as if they are the facts and relying on trying to deny facts by repeatedly asking others to provide evidence. This is always the retort of the close minded.

There is a large amount of easily accessible information regarding the performance and behaviour of the current government.

A valid point excepting the 'information' should be subjected to rather more scrutiny than it often is.....news publications are notorious for manipuating words and comment, often what they do not report is as crucial as that they do! Politicians are notorious for being selective in the information they provide. Let me ask you a few simple questions, who does Yingluck actually confide in? Is Yingluck actually in touch with some advisors more than others, in person, by phone, by skype? a PM takes advice and assistance in decision making from many quarters.....the anti government media, the opposition, all wish to assert the advice for the PM all originates from Thaksin.....and they offer little proof of this except for the fact she has chosen people in her government that previously supported Thaksin (should really be a no brainer as she has no history of her own supporters due to her short time in politics and in Thai politics you sure need people close that you can trust) also that surprise surprise she speaks to her brother, who is one of the only politicians in recent history to carry through a 4 year term as PM, now does it not make sense Yingluck wish to consult with an experienced poitician especially as he is her brother smile.png so it would appear Yinguck is doing no more or less than any sensible person in her position would do.......unless peope wish to make a big issue of the 'fact' that here brother was found guilty of financial irregularity and feel that nailing him to the cross of shame will somehow assist in their assault on Yingluck.

All very valid points, but then I don't solely rely on the Nation or Bangkok Post for my information.

I still think however that the party slogan is accurate today: "Thaksin thinks, Yingluck acts".

• Like 2

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A valid point excepting the 'information' should be subjected to rather more scrutiny than it often is.....news publications are notorious for manipuating words and comment, often what they do not report is as crucial as that they do! Politicians are notorious for being selective in the information they provide. Let me ask you a few simple questions, who does Yingluck actually confide in? Is Yingluck actually in touch with some advisors more than others, in person, by phone, by skype? a PM takes advice and assistance in decision making from many quarters.....the anti government media, the opposition, all wish to assert the advice for the PM all originates from Thaksin.....and they offer little proof of this except for the fact she has chosen people in her government that previously supported Thaksin (should really be a no brainer as she has no history of her own supporters due to her short time in politics and in Thai politics you sure need people close that you can trust) also that surprise surprise she speaks to her brother, who is one of the only politicians in recent history to carry through a 4 year term as PM, now does it not make sense Yingluck wish to consult with an experienced poitician especially as he is her brother smile.png so it would appear Yinguck is doing no more or less than any sensible person in her position would do.......unless peope wish to make a big issue of the 'fact' that here brother was found guilty of financial irregularity and feel that nailing him to the cross of shame will somehow assist in their assault on Yingluck.

All very valid points, but then I don't solely rely on the Nation or Bangkok Post for my information.

I still think however that the party slogan is accurate today: "Thaksin thinks, Yingluck acts".

Ok so let us agree that Yingluck a total novice in politics was thrust to the fore as leader, a brave and brilliant move by PTP because subsequently they defeated the democrats at the following election. So here is Yingluck like a rabbit in the headlights, not unexpected? so where do you feel PTP would look for guidance, let us say in the first 18 months. The first 18 months where PTP must walk the tightrope of appeasing both the military, the judiciary, and efforts by the Democrats to discredit their every action. Given this scenario who would a sensible party look to to guide them through this period of intense scrutiny...some experienced politician who has travelled this route previously perhaps.....why are you guys so surprised and outraged that Thaksin has undoubtedly offered up advice.......at least until Yingluck has consolidated her own alliances...how else could it be? Thaksin is now in decline in Thai politics and Yingluck is rising as it should be......and if Thaksin has any real interest in the future Thailand he will let this trend continue.
  • Like 1

In spite of all the arguments you can never get past "Thaksin thinks, PT acts".

You make the mistake of thinking PTP will always be a one man party, if it ever really was. Thaksin carried huge influence, but PTP will not survive without onboarding many more experienced heavyweights not all directly involved in politics to counterbalance the Thaksin influence, you have not noticed this happening? I believe the Democrats made the same mistake, discredit Thaksin and we win the election......then along comes Yingluck.......smile.png ......oh bugger 4 years on the sidelines

You need to learn the reality that just because you state your opinion emphatically, it does not become fact.

And neither does your opinion become fact, nor my own . . . it's just an opinion, and ours differ wildly.

I would take a look at where the information comes from. If Thaksin had been found not guilty there is still so many charges against him that one would be wise to review there thinking about him. Many of the charges were not brought by the Dems it was Thaksins own party making the charges.

There is research and there is common sense. Research is subject to the researcher. What do they want to prove. If needs be here in Thailand they can get several polls to prove there point of view is valid.

The vary fact that Yingluck knew nothing coming in was there only because of her brothers recommendation tells us some thing about the amount of influence he has.

One need only look at his phone calls to the red shirt rallies to see where the decision making and power is.

Ok so let us agree that Yingluck a total novice in politics was thrust to the fore as leader, a brave and brilliant move by PTP because subsequently they defeated the democrats at the following election. So here is Yingluck like a rabbit in the headlights, not unexpected? so where do you feel PTP would look for guidance, let us say in the first 18 months. The first 18 months where PTP must walk the tightrope of appeasing both the military, the judiciary, and efforts by the Democrats to discredit their every action. Given this scenario who would a sensible party look to to guide them through this period of intense scrutiny...some experienced politician who has travelled this route previously perhaps.....why are you guys so surprised and outraged that Thaksin has undoubtedly offered up advice.......at least until Yingluck has consolidated her own alliances...how else could it be? Thaksin is now in decline in Thai politics and Yingluck is rising as it should be......and if Thaksin has any real interest in the future Thailand he will let this trend continue.

You completely miss the point.

They look to Thaksin because he in effect has there written letters of resignation in his pocket. They are not as stupid as you would have us believe. Abhist is an experienced Politician does she look for advice from him. He has far more experience He had to rule while satisfying many different supporters and fight off terrorists. She has no such complications.

So you are saying that she is lying (again), that Thaksin's claim to govern the country remotely is true, but that's all right because the people elected someone hopelessly inexperienced?

Careful 47, or you'll be kicked out of the PTP sycophant's club.

Edited by OzMick

why are you guys so surprised and outraged that Thaksin has undoubtedly offered up advice

Only someone extremely naive would believe that all Thaksin offers is advice that can be taken or dismissed. He plainly gives instructions. Not on everything, but what place does an unelected convicted on the run overseas criminal have to be giving any instructions whatsoever to a government? So called democracy lovers should be up in arms at his involvement. That they try to explain it away tells its own story about their true interests, and it is certainly nothing to do with democracy.

Oh please.... we all know Thaksin is convicted of financial irregularity, and currently residing out of the country...we are informed on this forum day after day.....is that all you have to offer? Thaksin has travelled the road Yingluck has started out on, he is the most experienced person to available to handle the first 18 months of a novice government and I am sure he takes advice from many quarters too before issuing any 'instructions'..remember 115 poiticians who coud have assisted Yingluck were banned, swept aside for 5 years (and the Dems still could not win the election! I reckon the judiciary has given up on them)

why are you guys so surprised and outraged that Thaksin has undoubtedly offered up advice

Only someone extremely naive would believe that all Thaksin offers is advice that can be taken or dismissed. He plainly gives instructions. Not on everything, but what place does an unelected convicted on the run overseas criminal have to be giving any instructions whatsoever to a government? So called democracy lovers should be up in arms at his involvement. That they try to explain it away tells its own story about their true interests, and it is certainly nothing to do with democracy.

Oh please.... we all know Thaksin is convicted of financial irregularity, and currently residing out of the country...we are informed on this forum day after day.....is that all you have to offer? Thaksin has travelled the road Yingluck has started out on, he is the most experienced person to available to handle the first 18 months of a novice government and I am sure he takes advice from many quarters too before issuing any 'instructions'..remember 115 poiticians who coud have assisted Yingluck were banned, swept aside for 5 years (and the Dems still could not win the election! I reckon the judiciary has given up on them)

Mmmmm . . . the whole concept of taking "advice" from a convicted criminal on the run, who stole billions from the country just doesn't sit right with me somehow. But up to you. If you feel that is normal and acceptable practice, then OK.

• Like 1

Why do you continually ignore that Thaksin would very likely be convicted of many more serious charges were he to make himself available to the courts?

As for Thakisin having regard to the future of Thailand, it is nowhere near as much interest that he has for the future of Thaksin.

You also show a lack of understanding 473geo . . . but hey ho, each to their own.

Really....then as it appears to be so obvious to you guys..... point it out, my lack of understanding..... in a logical and well thought out response to my posts, satire is apparently not working, caling me naive and the stating Thaksin is bad is such a tired response.....where are the properly thought out responses to my comments.....is there a non emotional response that highilghts my lack of understanding......rather than just aiming criticism at myself...a common but fading methodlogy too frequently used by 'tired' posters.......you see I am just making observations on the subject of the topic....although it would appear some posters find me as a topic more worthy of commernt...smile.png

Financial irregularity? LOL

Have you ever been convicted of a two year jail sentence? Two weeks perhaps? No? Even if it was two days, let alone two years, i bet neither you or your family would consider it the trivial trifling little matter you imply it to be.

Might be ok to employ a plumber who got two years and ran off to Spain for ten years before coming back, but we are talking about a man who has a big say in the running of the country. And you just shrug your shoulders and say big deal. So what if he is an on the run criminal? So what if he has a dozen other cases against him that he has purposefully stalled? So what if he is completely unelected? So what if he was involved in thousands of innocent people being shot in the streets? The so what's seem to be endless. Anything to justify his role in government.

• Like 2

Why do you continually ignore that Thaksin would very likely be convicted of many more serious charges were he to make himself available to the courts?

As for Thakisin having regard to the future of Thailand, it is nowhere near as much interest that he has for the future of Thaksin.

Thank you, Mick a fair observation, in response I believe people are not proved guilty until they have their day in court, not just Thaksin, I believe the court will decide the culpability of Abhisit in the protest deaths, but until a decision is delivered by the court he should be allowed to continue with his poitical career as an innocent man.

You also show a lack of understanding 473geo . . . but hey ho, each to their own.

Really....then as it appears to be so obvious to you guys..... point it out, my lack of understanding..... in a logical and well thought out response to my posts, satire is apparently not working, caling me naive and the stating Thaksin is bad is such a tired response.....where are the properly thought out responses to my comments.....is there a non emotional response that highilghts my lack of understanding......rather than just aiming criticism at myself...a common but fading methodlogy too frequently used by 'tired' posters.......you see I am just making observations on the subject of the topic....although it would appear some posters find me as a topic more worthy of commernt...smile.png

And your methodology of rebuttal is also "tired".

OK . .. you state that Ms Barbie Doll is inexperienced, I agree. She's very inexperienced in doing anything that isn't told to her by her brother. She didn't get to be a high profile businesswoman because of her great experiences or on her own merits, she got there because she was placed there by her brother. Same thing that has happened with the PM slot. Thaksin has put in place someone he can control and who can take the fall for any mistakes made.

The old arguments about Thaksin being a criminal are trotted out because they are still relevant. If you ignore the propaganda, read between the lines a little, open your eyes, find, read and understand other sources, then I don't think that anyone can still believe that ANYONE in the Shinawatra family has any other interests at heart other than their own.

This whole Govt is based on "what can I get for myself", nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

The road she is starting out on.

Are you saying the road of corruption you conveniently forget two vary important facts..

1 Thaksin was convicted and rather than appeal it he ran. Also there is a lot more charges out against him it is far from what you would have us believe only one instance.

2 Thaksin ruled in a boom time when any body could have done it the world was on a roll and no amount of corruption could stop it. In short he has no idea on what to do. His brilliance extended to trying to trade chickens to Sweden for jets.

• Like 2

Thank you, Mick a fair observation, in response I believe people are not proved guilty until they have their day in court, not just Thaksin, I believe the court will decide the culpability of Abhisit in the protest deaths, but until a decision is delivered by the court he should be allowed to continue with his poitical career as an innocent man.

Although I have less faith in the "law" than I used to, I also believe in being innocent until proven guilty. Having said that, rightly or wrongly, he has ALREADY been convicted lol . . . and I believe he would/will be convicted of many more when/if he returns.

If he was innocent, why isn't he here fighting to prove it? Why did he run? Why is he able to run the country remotely when he himself was not elected?

All well and good but if you step outside of the justice system, as Thaksin has done, that effectively means he is in control of his continuing "innocence" with regards those outstanding cases. All he has to do is stay away and refuse to go to court if and when summoned.

Once you "step outside" of the system, the rules change for you. Otherwise everyone guilty of a crime would simply "step outside" and nobody would ever be found guilty.

Financial irregularity? LOL

Have you ever been convicted of a two year jail sentence? Two weeks perhaps? No? Even if it was two days, let alone two years, i bet neither you or your family would consider it the trivial trifling little matter you imply it to be.

Might be ok to employ a plumber who got two years and ran off to Spain for ten years before coming back, but we are talking about a man who has a big say in the running of the country. And you just shrug your shoulders and say big deal. So what if he is an on the run criminal? So what if he has a dozen other cases against him that he has purposefully stalled? So what if he is completely unelected? So what if he was involved in thousands of innocent people being shot in the streets? The so what's seem to be endless. Anything to justify his role in government.

You see.... it is rolling off into the area of unproven accusations that makes a nonsense of your whole post! Try to align more closely with proven allegation rather than unproven....oh but at this time that just leaves 'financial irregularity' right?

All well and good but if you step outside of the justice system, as Thaksin has done, that effectively means he is in control of his continuing "innocence" with regards those outstanding cases. All he has to do is stay away and refuse to go to court if and when summoned.

Once you "step outside" of the system, the rules change for you. Otherwise everyone guilty of a crime would simply "step outside" and nobody would ever be found guilty.

You may wish to check exactly who can and cannot simply 'step outside' the justice system in Thailand....when you have expanded your knowledge it may assist.....

Although I have less faith in the "law" than I used to, I also believe in being innocent until proven guilty. Having said that, rightly or wrongly, he has ALREADY been convicted lol . . . and I believe he would/will be convicted of many more when/if he returns.

If he was innocent, why isn't he here fighting to prove it? Why did he run? Why is he able to run the country remotely when he himself was not elected?

A common misunderstanding. It makes no difference what a court says if a person is guilty he is guilty if a person is innocent he is innocent no matter what a court says

Ask O J Simpson a court of law said he was innocent.

A civil court saw it differently. he paid

It is only in the eyes of the law and the gulable that a man is innocent until proven guilty.

You see.... it is rolling off into the area of unproven accusations that makes a nonsense of your whole post! Try to align more closely with proven allegation rather than unproven....oh but at this time that just leaves 'financial irregularity' right?

OK, here's a few "facts" for you:

1. The TRT was finally dissolved on 30 May 2007 by the Constitutional Tribunal, which banned over 100 of its executives, including Thaksin, from politics for five years, based on charges that two party executives (Defense Minister Thammarak and Pongsak Raktapongpaisarn) bribed a smaller party to stand in the April 2006 election. The Democrat party was cleared on a similar charge.
  2. In January 2007, Financial Institutions Development Fund complied with an Assets Examination Committee request to file a charge against Thaksin and his wife over their purchase of four 772 million baht plots of land from the FIDF in 2003. The charge was based on alleged violation of Article 100 of the National Counter Corruption Act, which prohibits government officials and their spouses from entering into or having interests in contracts made with state agencies under their authority.
  3. The Assets Examination Committee also accused Thaksin of issuing an unlawful cabinet resolution approving the spending of state funds to buy rubber saplings.
  4. In March 2007, the Office of the Attorney-General charged Thaksin's wife and brother-in-law with conspiring to evade taxes of 546 million baht (US$15.6 million) in a 1997 transfer of Shin Corp shares.
  5. The Assets Examination Committee found Thaksin guilty of malfeasance for obstructing competition by imposing an excise tax on telecom operators. Thaksin's Cabinet had approved the relevant executive decree in 2003.
  6. In June 2008 the Supreme Court denied Thaksin's request to travel to China and Britain, since his corruption case was set for trial and was ordered to surrender his passport after arraignment. In July the Court assumed jurisdiction over the fourth corruption charge against Thaksin concerning the soft loans to Burma. The court also agreed to hear allegations that Thaksin, his former cabinet, and three members of the current government, broke anti-gambling laws by setting up the new state lottery in 2003.
  7. Potjaman was found guilty on 31 July and sentenced to three years imprisonment, but released on bail. The Bangkok Criminal Court also convicted her adopted brother Bhanapot Damapong and her secretary, who allegedly held assets for Thaksin by proxy, of tax evasion.
  8. On 10 August 2008, Thaksin and Potjaman violated the bail term by attending the 2008 Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony in Beijing.
  9. The Thailand Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions issued a second arrest warrant on 16 September 2008 against Thaksin over another of the four pending corruption cases and ordered suspension of the trial. Several more arrest warrants were issued over subsequent no-shows at various corruption trials.
  10. On 21 October 2008, the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions ruled that Thaksin, while prime minister, abused his power to help his wife buy public land at auction, and sentenced him to two years in jail.

If you need more "facts", feel free to ask.

• Like 1

You may wish to check exactly who can and cannot simply 'step outside' the justice system in Thailand....when you have expanded your knowledge it may assist.....

Who specifically are you referring to? I'd love to know.

OK . .. you state that Ms Barbie Doll is inexperienced, I agree. She's very inexperienced in doing anything that isn't told to her by her brother. She didn't get to be a high profile businesswoman because of her great experiences or on her own merits, she got there because she was placed there by her brother. Same thing that has happened with the PM slot. Thaksin has put in place someone he can control and who can take the fall for any mistakes made.

The old arguments about Thaksin being a criminal are trotted out because they are still relevant. If you ignore the propaganda, read between the lines a little, open your eyes, find, read and understand other sources, then I don't think that anyone can still believe that ANYONE in the Shinawatra family has any other interests at heart other than their own.

This whole Govt is based on "what can I get for myself", nothing more, nothing less.

Well done first line in the post about Yingluck, Thanksin, nope......me smile.png the rest of your post is fair comment on how Yingluck became CEO and PM. as for the rest we will have to differ in the opinion that Thaksin carries sole ownership of PTP....and this is where you need to do more of your research. Indeed this could be where PTP fail if Thaksin tries to monopolise.

A common misunderstanding. It makes no difference what a court says if a person is guilty he is guilty if a person is innocent he is innocent no matter what a court says

Ask O J Simpson a court of law said he was innocent.

A civil court saw it differently. he paid

It is only in the eyes of the law and the gulable that a man is innocent until proven guilty.

And you're trying to say what? That because Thaksin thinks he is innocent he shouldn't go to jail?

(Where's Judge Dredd when you need him)

Well done first line in the post about Yingluck, Thanksin, nope......me smile.png the rest of your post is fair comment on how Yingluck became CEO and PM. as for the rest we will have to differ in the opinion that Thaksin carries sole ownership of PTP....and this is where you need to do more of your research. Indeed this could be where PTP fail if Thaksin tries to monopolise.

Don't think I've ever said that Thaksin was "solely" running the PTP, but he is I believe one of the biggest "influencers". Of course there are other influences, and alliances and favors are always being made behind the scenes.

And yes, the 1st line was about you . . . I was curious to see if you'd rise to it in your comments . . . and you did.

Edited by Tatsujin

this "I know more than you know" defense is rather pathetic. We are here to share information; if you have such an "open mind" and aware of things we have seemingly missed, enlighten us. otherwise you are simply "flying a kite".

Sad thing is Mick I've mentioned this rather unusual state of affairs a few times, it has either been missed or ignored, now unlike those who insist on using the same treadbare terminology surrounding Thaksin, I get tired of supplying information to those that will not absorb. BTW been called worse things than pathetic...smile.png poor effort 1 out of 10 Edited by 473geo

I'll make this short . . . you seem to be trivializing all of the offences as if they are a cost of doing business when Thaksin is in power. Which is my whole point. Everything he did, both before, during, and after his time in offence office has served one end. To increase his wealth and power.

My question to you is this . . . if he was indeed innocent, then why is he not back here now contesting and fighting these charges? After all, he has a sister as PM and his party is in power and supposedly receives unparaleled support from the vast majority of the Thai populace.

Am I trivialising? or are others over exagerating for political gain? Having seen the way charges are laid on a whim here in Thailand there may or may not be evidence that lays them totally at the door of Thaksin. But in my opinion there is not a great deal in your list that would prevent a man giving advice in the poitical arena. He is so obviously guilty of a major crime, and I am surprised you guys have not picked up on this!! He didn't hire a smart enough accountant.....cheesy.gif Edited by 473geo