Yingluck Stresses She's Real Prime Minister

webfact

The fact that you thought money returned to Thaksin had anything to do with the assets concealment case suggests you might need to do some serious reading to go along with that serious thinking.

I guess Rixalex that depends on how one views the all encompassing phrase 'abuse of power'.....please no more feeble attempts to divert my busy schedule there's a good chap....

What are you talking about? Jack asked you what you thought of the assets concealment case, you responded with "seeing as they returned his money, perhaps it wasn't that serious".

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact that you thought money returned to Thaksin had anything to do with the assets concealment case suggests you might need to do some serious reading to go along with that serious thinking.

I guess Rixalex that depends on how one views the all encompassing phrase 'abuse of power'.....please no more feeble attempts to divert my busy schedule there's a good chap....

Abuse of power, in the form of "malfeasance in office" or "official misconduct," is the commission of an unlawful act, done in an official capacity, which affects the performance of official duties or is for the benefit solely of oneself or one's friends or family.

What's your definition?

Would that include concealment of assetts?

Abuse of power, in the form of "malfeasance in office" or "official misconduct," is the commission of an unlawful act, done in an official capacity, which affects the performance of official duties or is for the benefit solely of oneself or one's friends or family.

What's your definition?

Yes, if that is against the law.

So what's your definition?

Edited by Tatsujin

What's your definition?

Yes, if that is against the law.

So what's your definition?

Same as the yours! blink.png

The earlier case.

But really, I am looking for 473's views - which he has studiously avoided thusfar.

Perhaps he is too busy looking for dots. wink.png

I am humbled. you seek my view above that of all others, I will give the assett concealment some serious thought and deliberation then present my well thought out opinions......patience......what is important to you,at the top of your list, may not even be on my radar

Dear Mr Spratt, you will have noticed the topic is straying some way off course.....I have therefore in keeping with first class forum nettquette forwarded you a polite response by PM. Best wishes 473Geo

Oh please.... we all know Thaksin is convicted of financial irregularity, and currently residing out of the country...we are informed on this forum day after day.....is that all you have to offer? Thaksin has travelled the road Yingluck has started out on, he is the most experienced person to available to handle the first 18 months of a novice government and I am sure he takes advice from many quarters too before issuing any 'instructions'..remember 115 poiticians who coud have assisted Yingluck were banned, swept aside for 5 years (and the Dems still could not win the election! I reckon the judiciary has given up on them)

Financial irregularity? LOL

Have you ever been convicted of a two year jail sentence? Two weeks perhaps? No? Even if it was two days, let alone two years, i bet neither you or your family would consider it the trivial trifling little matter you imply it to be.

Might be ok to employ a plumber who got two years and ran off to Spain for ten years before coming back, but we are talking about a man who has a big say in the running of the country. And you just shrug your shoulders and say big deal. So what if he is an on the run criminal? So what if he has a dozen other cases against him that he has purposefully stalled? So what if he is completely unelected? So what if he was involved in thousands of innocent people being shot in the streets? The so what's seem to be endless. Anything to justify his role in government.

You see.... it is rolling off into the area of unproven accusations that makes a nonsense of your whole post! Try to align more closely with proven allegation rather than unproven....oh but at this time that just leaves 'financial irregularity' right?

Do you ever answer any of the direct questions posed to you?

Have you ever been convicted of a two year jail sentence? Two weeks perhaps? No? Even if it was two days, let alone two years, i bet neither you or your family would consider it the trivial trifling little matter you imply it to be.

Might be ok to employ a plumber who got two years and ran off to Spain for ten years before coming back, but we are talking about a man who has a big say in the running of the country. And you just shrug your shoulders and say big deal. So what if he is an on the run criminal? So what if he has a dozen other cases against him that he has purposefully stalled? So what if he is completely unelected? So what if he was involved in thousands of innocent people being shot in the streets? The so what's seem to be endless. Anything to justify his role in government.

I guess you missed my response above to jackspratt, now.... which question would you like me to answer in the rant you quote...."Have you ever been convicted of a two year jail sentence?".........who in gods name gets "convicted of a two year jail sentence?" you really expect a response to that sort of junk?....and I certainly am not interested in the furtherment of 20 questions per thread regarding the personal interests and life of 473GEO...although undoubtedly an interesting and fascinating topic....now, I know you are just looking for response here so quit the games eh,because I know you understand fully some of the points I make, as you have recently read a document that goes part way to explaining the content of my posts. smile.png

I guess you missed my response above to jackspratt, now.... which question would you like me to answer in the rant you quote...."Have you ever been convicted of a two year jail sentence?".........who in gods name gets "convicted of a two year jail sentence?" you really expect a response to that sort of junk?....and I certainly am not interested in the furtherment of 20 questions per thread regarding the personal interests and life of 473GEO...although undoubtedly an interesting and fascinating topic....now, I know you are just looking for response here so quit the games eh,because I know you understand fully some of the points I make, as you have recently read a document that goes part way to explaining the content of my posts. smile.png

My question to you about having ever spent two years in prison was a rhetorical question merely designed to encourage you, and others, who seem to hold up a two year sentence as evidence of Thaksin's crime being somewhat trivial, to think about what it actually means to be sentenced in this way and for this duration.

Please don't call my comments or my questions junk, especially not having just boasted about keeping with first class forum netiquette.

My question to you about having ever spent two years in prison was a rhetorical question merely designed to encourage you, and others, who seem to hold up a two year sentence as evidence of Thaksin's crime being somewhat trivial, to think about what it actually means to be sentenced in this way and for this duration.

Please don't call my comments or my questions junk, especially not having just boasted about keeping with first class forum netiquette.

Well I used the kinder description 'nonsense' in my earlier response but our posting pal missed that so I decided a more descritive term carrying more impact was required.....apologies if you feel you can nitpick at other posts and posters but yours are above realistic descriptive terms, I will try to be more gentle in the future to avoid upsetting your sensitive nature

Oh please.... we all know Thaksin is convicted of financial irregularity, and currently residing out of the country...we are informed on this forum day after day.....is that all you have to offer? Thaksin has travelled the road Yingluck has started out on, he is the most experienced person to available to handle the first 18 months of a novice government and I am sure he takes advice from many quarters too before issuing any 'instructions'..remember 115 poiticians who coud have assisted Yingluck were banned, swept aside for 5 years (and the Dems still could not win the election! I reckon the judiciary has given up on them)

You see.... it is rolling off into the area of unproven accusations that makes a nonsense of your whole post! Try to align more closely with proven allegation rather than unproven....oh but at this time that just leaves 'financial irregularity' right?

Heven't seen one yet.

Heven't seen one yet.

Strange, I answered this very question just a few posts ago.......you guys are giving away the fact that you neither follow or read all the posts in a thread...smile.png explains a great deal...biggrin.png

Well I used the kinder description 'nonsense' in my earlier response but our posting pal missed that so I decided a more descritive term carrying more impact was required.....apologies if you feel you can nitpick at other posts and posters but yours are above realistic descriptive terms, I will try to be more gentle in the future to avoid upsetting your sensitive nature

Don't bother. You are what you are.

Heven't seen one yet.

Strange, I answered this very question just a few posts ago.......you guys are giving away the fact that you neither follow or read all the posts in a thread...smile.png explains a great deal...biggrin.png

Yet to answer why Thaksin having his money returned indicates that perhaps the case against him concerning hidden assets wasn't that serious, considering that two matters are completely unrelated.

So has Thaksin, or any of his spokesmen, here or in the USA, yet denied the article's claim that he makes major government decisions and communicates them by Skype, and is therefore effectively running the country from offshore ?

If not ... that's quite a big silence, isn't it ? wink.png

• Like 2

So has Thaksin, or any of his spokesmen, here or in the USA, yet denied the article's claim that he makes major government decisions and communicates them by Skype, and is therefore effectively running the country from offshore ?

You know the old saying "silence is consent".

Why should he deny anything, strokes the ego you all insist he carries....and doesn't impact the actuality of the situation, I'm sure Thaksin is as aware as anybody that even a denial would make no impression on those that believe what they will......are you expecting a denial? Edited by 473geo

Perhaps geo could explain trivial as being a reason to absence ones self from there home country one that they try so hard to run. Could it be that Thaksin dos not agree with the geo. What a shock that would be.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1

Heven't seen one yet.

Yet to answer why Thaksin having his money returned indicates that perhaps the case against him concerning hidden assets wasn't that serious, considering that two matters are completely unrelated.

The mistake you make is monitoring the thread and only reading responses to your posts.........go back and read my comments on the abuse of power, hidden assetts, where the connection is made, when you have read the posts relating to this please do not respond as we will have to agree to differ on this topic......

Perhaps geo could explain trivial as being a reason to absence ones self from there home country one that they try so hard to run. Could it be that Thaksin dos not agree with the geo. What a shock that would be.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Well given that Thaksin being in Thailand and involved in politics would have incurred the wrath of the courts due to his 5 year ban, along with the other 115 conveniently removed from the political arena, maybe as a Montenegran citizen, living in Dubai, he has more influence without upsetting the Thai system of 'checks and balances'......

Why should he deny anything, strokes the ego you all insist he carries....and doesn't impact the actuality of the situation, I'm sure Thaksin is as aware as anybody that even a denial would make no impression on those that believe what they will......are you expecting a denial?

"are you expecting a denial"

Yes ! If someone is making stories like this up, and writing about them in a reputable newspaper, I would expect a denial from Thaksin or his professional spokemen/PR-managers to be forthcoming.

If only to support his sister's version of things.

Edited by Ricardo

The mistake you make is monitoring the thread and only reading responses to your posts.........go back and read my comments on the abuse of power, hidden assetts, where the connection is made, when you have read the posts relating to this please do not respond as we will have to agree to differ on this topic......

I wasn't only reading responses to my posts, i was responding to your reply after Jack asked you your opinion of the assets concealment case:

What is your take on the assets concealment case - seems a simple enough question?

Didn't he thank the government for being kind enough to give him back 30 billion baht? Mustn't have been as serious as they first thought

Why should he deny anything, strokes the ego you all insist he carries....and doesn't impact the actuality of the situation, I'm sure Thaksin is as aware as anybody that even a denial would make no impression on those that believe what they will......are you expecting a denial?

Yes ! If someone is making stories like this up, and writing about them in a reputable newspaper, I would expect a denial to be forthcoming.

Woud you believe it if he issued a denial?......if not then my post is possibly very accurate!!

Yes ! If someone is making stories like this up, and writing about them in a reputable newspaper, I would expect a denial to be forthcoming.

Woud you believe it if he issued a denial?......if not then my post is possibly very accurate!!

If it is not true then certainly T will sue the paper for millions dollars. After all that's what he did when he was PM here. But it must be true because not a peep out of him. Edited by Pimay1
  • Like 1

I wasn't only reading responses to my posts, i was responding to your reply after Jack asked you your opinion of the assets concealment case:

What is your take on the assets concealment case - seems a simple enough question?

Didn't he thank the government for being kind enough to give him back 30 billion baht? Mustn't have been as serious as they first thought

Go back and read posts 239 - 244 ignore, one post, interrupts the discusion (141) but you should be able to follow the logic.....if you disagree fine....no issues for me...smile.png

If it is not true then certainly T will sue the paper for millions dollars. After all that's what he did when he was PM here. But it must be true because not a peep out of him.

Don't be silly a Montenegran citizen running Thailand by skype..... preposterous......ask any Thai person....I guess Thaksin has just acceped the article for the comedic brilliance of the content, the guy has a sense of humour...but also he would find it difficult to prove that in his interaction with his sister politics is not discussed as obviously it is....

If it is not true then certainly T will sue the paper for millions dollars. After all that's what he did when he was PM here. But it must be true because not a peep out of him.

Don't be silly a Montenegran citizen running Thailand by skype..... preposterous......ask any Thai person....I guess Thaksin has just acceped the article for the comedic brilliance of the content, the guy has a sense of humour...but also he would find it difficult to prove that in his interaction with his sister politics is not discussed as obviously it is....

My friend would you like to buy some water front property overlooking a vast ocean in Udon Thani?

My friend would you like to buy some water front property overlooking a vast ocean in Udon Thani?

I guess you don't do satire after all primay......how disappointing...

I guess you don't do satire after all primay......how disappointing...

No offence meant or taken. What the jest of the post meant was I think you are quite gullable to believe everything out of the T camp. But that is only my opinion my friend. I'll have a Leo for the both of us wai.gif .

For the past year and a half, by the party’s own admission, the most important political decisions in this country of 65 million people have been made from abroad, by a former prime minister who has been in self-imposed exile since 2008 to escape corruption charges.

“We can contact him at all hours,” said Charupong Ruangsuwan, the interior minister and secretary general of Mr. Thaksin’s Pheu Thai Party. “The world has changed. It’s a boundless world. It’s not like a hundred years ago when you had to use a telegraph.”

“If we’ve got any problem, we give him a call,” Mr. Charupong said.

“He’s the one who formulates the Pheu Thai policies,” said Noppadon Pattama, a senior official in Mr. Thaksin’s party who also serves as his personal lawyer. “Almost all the policies put forward during the last election came from him.”

“If you want a huge project in Thailand worth billions of baht, you have to talk to Thaksin,” Mr. Sondhi, who seemed resigned to the turn of events, said in an interview.

Besides Skype, Mr. Thaksin uses various social media applications, including WhatsApp and Line, to keep in touch with the leaders of the party, senior party members say.

All from: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/world/asia/thaksin-shinawatra-of-thailand-wields-influence-from-afar.html?_r=0

For the past year and a half, by the party’s own admission, the most important political decisions in this country of 65 million people have been made from abroad, by a former prime minister who has been in self-imposed exile since 2008 to escape corruption charges.

“We can contact him at all hours,” said Charupong Ruangsuwan, the interior minister and secretary general of Mr. Thaksin’s Pheu Thai Party. “The world has changed. It’s a boundless world. It’s not like a hundred years ago when you had to use a telegraph.”

“If we’ve got any problem, we give him a call,” Mr. Charupong said.

“He’s the one who formulates the Pheu Thai policies,” said Noppadon Pattama, a senior official in Mr. Thaksin’s party who also serves as his personal lawyer. “Almost all the policies put forward during the last election came from him.”

“If you want a huge project in Thailand worth billions of baht, you have to talk to Thaksin,” Mr. Sondhi, who seemed resigned to the turn of events, said in an interview.

Besides Skype, Mr. Thaksin uses various social media applications, including WhatsApp and Line, to keep in touch with the leaders of the party, senior party members say.

All from: http://www.nytimes.c...-afar.html?_r=0

Why are there no quotes surrounding the opening part of the article you quote, this is pure conjecture delivered as fact. where are the statements from the party members that back up any thing other than "We can contact him" ? and one guy Sondhi, leader of the yellowshirts (read opposition) included as though he is a part of the PTP set up....rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif before you pick out Noppadons statement, well who else was there at that time to formulate policy?......in short your post is a statement made to sell newspapers with no substatial supporting evidence, not unusual then...