Fda Approval For Importing And Selling Cosmetics?

There is a collagen based face cream i would like to import and sell in Thailand under the wifes name.

Is there an approval process? I know for drugs and medicine it is quite involved needing Thai FDA approval and lots of backhanders.

What is the situation for cosmetics?

In the USA you can import and sell stuff providing it is safe and properly labelled.

Also is import license required for importing and selling small amounts to start with? If so what is involved in that.

Any ideas? Thanks

Edited by BuffaloRescue

The FDA will probably be involved, my lawyer advised that for 1M baht they will fast track and register anything. If something herb based and demonstably harmless they also have ways of stalling them so not always what you are trying to register. Localy sourced things seem easier.

The FDA will probably be involved, my lawyer advised that for 1M baht they will fast track and register anything. If something herb based and demonstably harmless they also have ways of stalling them so not always what you are trying to register. Localy sourced things seem easier.

I'm a pharmacist, I'm well aware of the FDA law for cosmetics and drugs.

1M fee is, overpriced... Someone's trying to squeeze cash out of you.

You're safer talking to a qualified pharmacist who deals with cosmetic products, they know their stuff best. (It took me about a month to register a new cosmetic product, that's maybe because I knew the exact composition, etc. of the product and process.)

Do your research, it safes you bucks.