Youtube Save To Usb Stick

djayz

Is it possible to save tunes from youtube to a usb stick and if so how? I can't for the life of me find this option.

I want to be able to stick the USB thumb into my stereo at home (don't have an internet connection at the house so I want to save the songs at work and play them at home).

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the tips and advice.... unfortunately there's nothing there that I like... I want to be able to "click" on all my fav music on youtube and simply transfer it to a USB stick... all these options take way too much time.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for all the tips and advice.... unfortunately there's nothing there that I like... I want to be able to "click" on all my fav music on youtube and simply transfer it to a USB stick... all these options take way too much time.

Any other suggestions?

FF extension above puts a button on the youtube page you click to download immediately; can specify the download location in options.

If that takes too time, you're just outta luck.

Any other suggestions?

Have you tried the other internet where everything is instant?

• Like 1

David, My favorite is the Free "YouTube video download toolbar." By toolbar, it just puts an icon on the toolbar.

Any time it sees a vid playing, it offers to download it. You click the download button and then can close the video because it already has the url. It is fast and accurate. You can set it to download to your stick, or to a folder on the hdd.

It will download er, ah, other videos too, but I use it for YouTube.

I've got real player installed on my laptop. When I play anything at all on you tube and put my mouse pointer on the video screen a 'download video' option box comes up just above the top right hand corner of the video. I click on that and it downloads straight into the real players library. From there I just drag and drop it to wherever I want to keep it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got real player installed on my laptop. When I play anything at all on you tube and put my mouse pointer on the video screen a 'download video' option box comes up just above the top right hand corner of the video. I click on that and it downloads straight into the real players library. From there I just drag and drop it to wherever I want to keep it.

Thanks, I've just downloaded real player (basic version) and unfortunately I don't see/have the "download video" option box you mentioned... are you also using the basic version? Is there anything else I have to do?

Any other suggestions?

Have you tried the other internet where everything is instant? No, but I have tried instant noodles...

I just happened to stumble across this site... and it works! http://www.wikihow.com/Download-Music-from-YouTube

Not as straightforward as I had imagined, but better than anything else I've tried so far.

Thanks for all the feed back!

Says it all really. Hope somebody was helped by all the good info in this thread anyway.

It is kind of odd to me, I am not picking on anyone in particular, but why can this be discussed and torrenting not? Isn't it the same exact thing. I guess I am making the assumption that "tunes" means copyrighted music, but anyway just a question.

When I want to do this I download the video and use dbpoweramp to convert it to a mp3 file. Finding the video that sounds the best to your ears will help, as you have no idea what that audio will have gone through. Some of the audio on there is pure crap.

Edited by utalkin2me