Oops My Visa Has Expired, Now What?

Assuming I don't come in contact with any police (a safe assumption as I've been in thailand 4 months and have never even spoken to one) is there any reason (other than the fine) that I shouldn't wait 2 months or more before I get a new visa?

Your the online gaming expert on a 5 figure sum every month, why dont you work the odds out?

You already know the score and yet your willing to overstay in the full knowledge that your doing so................i cant see the point in asking the question personally. :o

was hoping to get some response from some people who might be sympathetic to my plight and provide tips

what i see so far is a bunch of baseless paranoia and one guy who has a horrible story about how he got screwed over by his employer

i have nobody here who even knows i'm alive much less knows my situation and would turn me in...i don't do anything that would put me in contact with the police...i really don't see why not to overstay and just pay the fine...

i don't get why you guys on this forum are so pro-rules and pounding the pavement for morals and etchics...is this board read by the thai governement or something?

@DEGENFALANG what means degen? stupid?? the price for overstay is now 500 bath everyday

What the h..... do you expect?? YES, when you made a mistake I think everybody is prepared to give advices, but your approach has a dirty smell to me and to others! Sympathy? NOT AT ALL! Why should we, tell me only one reason! After your "mistake" (?) you are even not willing to make the corrections which has to be made, no you plan and wants to figuere out more tricks! :D When you want be that arrogant do not cry about your present situation we do not know about. You DO something that can put you in contact with the police. And when you do not see why not to overstay you are not worthed to live in Thailand where you are expected to obey the laws as a guest, that is all and THAT is education, not more and not less and respect the Thai and their country so they can respect the Farangs.

DegenErate, i'm a professional poker player, its kindof a joke

i could care less about paying 500 baht a day if it means i don't have to lose a day spending it on some crappy bus and get up at 5am to go to cambodia and have 83 little kids try and pick my pocket, fine, i'll pay it

has anybody heard of any problems people have had IF they make it to the airport or border?

Duplicate post. See the same thread elsewhere on this sub-forum. Mr. degenerate doesn't seem to want to obey Thai law.

Yes, in one breath says he will not overstay again, yet minutes later shows he has no intention of keeping his word.

He obviously thinks he is s-o-o-o-o smart... :o

Edited by Noel

Why give him advice? He obviously knows what he wants to do. As they say here in the Kingdom. UP TO HIM.

Some guys have overstayed for years. I know one personally. Of course he will never be permitted to enter Thailand again.

On that topic, last visa-run I was seated next to a teacher. He did the 30-day-turist-visa-run and didn't have any WP since the school wouldn't do it.

But atleast he did the visa-runs - most of his collegeus told him he was stupid to even go and do that every 30 days (and costing him 2K+), since they had been staing here (and working) for years...

that stuff about the possible prison sentence definately got my attention, does anybody know anybody that this has actually happened to?

and what does it mean for somebody to 'shop' you?

sorry if i came off as arrogant, i'm on a lot of other forums and i know how annoying it is when some new person comes in and starts insulting everybody and acting stupid....i don't know anybody here and its natural to get defensive when you feel attacked, you guys are probably right-as some people have said, i'm just trying to get a feel for my 'odds'...hope i can get good feedback here in the future.

cheers

that stuff about the possible prison sentence definately got my attention, does anybody know anybody that this has actually happened to?

and what does it mean for somebody to 'shop' you?

sorry if i came off as arrogant, i'm on a lot of other forums and i know how annoying it is when some new person comes in and starts insulting everybody and acting stupid....i don't know anybody here and its natural to get defensive when you feel attacked, you guys are probably right-as some people have said, i'm just trying to get a feel for my 'odds'...hope i can get good feedback here in the future.

cheers

Well you got that part right. And. Know when to hold them, and know when to fold them. Iam sure you do DegenFarang. Time to fold eh :o

3 flights/year, giving a maxpenalty of 20K, 20*3 = 60K

12 turist-visa visaruns for 2K each, 12x2 = 24K

Are we to believe this guys is a pokerplayer? They usually know their math.

Allthough I am with you in the spirit of this topic for 100%, please reconsider your math abilities:

2K for a Visarun is ok.

But how the hel_l can you get a tourist Visa with a 2K Visa run?

and we all seem to agree that conglomeration of 30 Days isn't the smartest way to go in the future!

Let's consider 10000 Bt for a Double Tourist Visa trip to Penang.

The Math for one Year would be:

20000 going to Penang twice

3800 2 30 Days eztensions (assuming one gets them)

4000 for 2 Visa runs.

Total 27800.

In case you don"t get the extensions, the figures are:

3 trips to Penang 30000

3 Visa runs 6000

Also, 10000 to Penang including Airport tax, 2 nights hotel, transfers and Visa fees are a very tight budget.

Sunny

Also, 10000 to Penang including Airport tax, 2 nights hotel, transfers and Visa fees are a very tight budget.

Sunny

Well, now, one could ride the train down to Penang . . . .

Or the government bus to Hat Yai at 416 baht and mini van to Penang at 200 baht.

Back in 2002, I overstayed for a month.

If things are still the same, you shouldn't have much of a problem if you turn yourself in at the Immigration whatever in BKK.

I went and showed my p\port to a guard and he directed me to a window. I filled out some paperwork and then waited a while.

Eventually I got called upstairs. They put you in a room, ask you what you've been doing in LOS (I said shopping and that got a good laugh). Then they gave me a fine (I forget how much) and 2 weeks to leave the country.

Koapadguy gave you good advice. Go to the immigration office and sort it out there. Don't risk a visa run because if they catch you before reaching the border, you will be arrested and put in detention. From there you will be taken to court, fined and then either expelled from the country or possibly deported. Deportation means you will not be coming back. :o

3 flights/year, giving a maxpenalty of 20K, 20*3 = 60K

12 turist-visa visaruns for 2K each, 12x2 = 24K

Are we to believe this guys is a pokerplayer? They usually know their math.

Allthough I am with you in the spirit of this topic for 100%, please reconsider your math abilities:

2K for a Visarun is ok.

But how the hel_l can you get a tourist Visa with a 2K Visa run?

and we all seem to agree that conglomeration of 30 Days isn't the smartest way to go in the future!

I guess you fail to acknowledge that many-many have been going on 30 days for years, so that is what is it based on.

(And doing a 2K visa run from Soi Suk. 12 isn't hard to do.)

The 60K doesn't include any far or fee to really show how much more expensive that route is. Getting where I'm going at? =)

Edited by TAWP

Back in 2002, I overstayed for a month.

If things are still the same, you shouldn't have much of a problem if you turn yourself in at the Immigration whatever in BKK.

I went and showed my p\port to a guard and he directed me to a window. I filled out some paperwork and then waited a while.

Eventually I got called upstairs. They put you in a room, ask you what you've been doing in LOS (I said shopping and that got a good laugh). Then they gave me a fine (I forget how much) and 2 weeks to leave the country.

Its still the same now, i was too lazy to go and get my visa extended because i was leaving 3 days after it ran out, so i thought <deleted> it i will just pay the fine when i get to the airport. Got there told them i had overstayed, was taken into an office paid the fine and had a stamp put in my passport. I asked if this was a problem to get back in and he said no, BUT dont do it again because next time it would be a problem.

Degen you are stupid to think nothing aill happen, not only are you gambling which is illegal but you are willfully going to overstay on your visa by a long time, you just really better prey you dont get caught, and when you get to the airport the immigration guy isnt having a bad day, because he is just as likely to turn around and put a stamp in your passport making you persona non grata. And i am afraid judging by your previous attitude i would be forced to have a little chuckle to myself if this happened. :o

@DegenFarang

leave the country ,

people like you are not welcome in this country

you make only problem to other FARANGS how live this country

GO HOME and please dont come back :o

please...you know nothing about me and people in this thread are overreacting, i am typing this message from singapore and i left two days after making this post

i came here to ASK WHAT I SHOULD DO not to tell you about what i was going to do. i came for help and advice and i got it. i love thailand, i will always have at least a second home here if not a primary residence and family.

you guys are too quick to jump to character assasination instead of looking at the question/argument.

@DegenFarang

leave the country ,

people like you are not welcome in this country

you make only problem to other FARANGS how live this country

GO HOME and please dont come back :o

please...you know nothing about me and people in this thread are overreacting, i am typing this message from singapore and i left two days after making this post

i came here to ASK WHAT I SHOULD DO not to tell you about what i was going to do. i came for help and advice and i got it. i love thailand, i will always have at least a second home here if not a primary residence and family.

you guys are too quick to jump to character assasination instead of looking at the question/argument.

Nice troll job dude. Hey you're really a card

Its been about a week already. I just read the article on Thai Visa that the max penalty is 20,000 so that means 100 days...

Assuming I don't come in contact with any police (a safe assumption as I've been in thailand 4 months and have never even spoken to one) is there any reason (other than the fine) that I shouldn't wait 2 months or more before I get a new visa?

I really don't care about paying the 20k baht and to be honest I wouldn't mind paying that every 4 months so I only have to leave 3 times a year. Anybody do this successfully? Any horror stories?

(I'd prefer people refrain from OVERSTAYERS ARE SCUM!) comments and such, doesn't help anybody really.

Cheers

I can only say be so polite, adapt and respect the local laws. If that does not suit you leave Thailand! :o

It's not always a matter of money only to be in a guestland, it's also a matter of respect. Those who disrespect, might not be allowed to come again.