Can You Use Thai Debit Card In Philippines?

foxboy

I've heard it can be problematic withdrawing/changing money in The Philippines. ATM's not accepting cards, dodgy money changers, risk of losing cash..

So I want to take different cards as a back up.

Has anyone used Kasikorn Bank or Siam Commercial Bank debit cards to withdraw money there?

What was your experience and what are the charges/exchange rates like?

I'll be visiting Angeles City and Cebu

I have used Thai ATM cards in The Phil. many times. But, before you leave Thailand, make sure you have an international ATM card with one of the international logos on the back. e.g. Cirrus, Plus, etc. Most Thai banks normally give a "domestic use only" ATM card, unless you specifically request an international one. ATM's in The Phil. are not as ubiquitous as they are in Thailand, and breakdowns are more frequent. So, do not let your cash run down to zero before getting more. Use only ATM's that are at banks. That way, if the machine swallows your card, you should be able to get it back. Standard fee for cash withdrawals is P 200.

I have used Thai ATM cards in The Phil. many times. But, before you leave Thailand, make sure you have an international ATM card with one of the international logos on the back. e.g. Cirrus, Plus, etc. Most Thai banks normally give a "domestic use only" ATM card, unless you specifically request an international one. ATM's in The Phil. are not as ubiquitous as they are in Thailand, and breakdowns are more frequent. So, do not let your cash run down to zero before getting more. Use only ATM's that are at banks. That way, if the machine swallows your card, you should be able to get it back. Standard fee for cash withdrawals is P 200.

Thank you, that's very helpful. Much appreciated